IMG_0203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230921_124735_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230921_124537 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 TOON PST 1 (resized).jpg
TRANSFORMERS 23 MOVIE PST 1 (resized).jpg
20230305_212253 (resized).jpg
20230305_210325 (resized).jpg
333661056_195116936536825_1559884088788685422_n (resized).jpg
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.
#451 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Speaking of mini playfields - I was looking at the game adjustments and I saw that number 34 was mini playfield power boost and mine was set to "YES". I put it at NO which is the factory default and could not get anything going on the playfield because the side to,side was so weak.
So if your LE does not have this set to a power boost then give it a try. A lot of TF haters did not like the playfield and I am wondering if it was getting enough shake up there?

The machine was designed for "NO" boost. If you need "YES", it probably means there is some excess friction on the playfield. Two quick things to check:
1) Is the Ironhide figure rubbing against the backboard? The backboard can be bent back *slightly* if that is the case.
2) There are two plungers (and coils) which rock the miniplayfield. Each has a spring. Is the spring bound up or rubbing against a plastic?
3) There are two white plastic washers sitting on the blue linkages that act as spring seats. Are these inhibiting the pivoting?

1 week later
#453 7 years ago
#454 7 years ago

How does the Pro compare to the LE? I've never played the LE model.

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

The machine was designed for "NO" boost. If you need "YES", it probably means there is some excess friction on the playfield. Two quick things to check:
1) Is the Ironhide figure rubbing against the backboard? The backboard can be bent back *slightly* if that is the case.
2) There are two plungers (and coils) which rock the miniplayfield. Each has a spring. Is the spring bound up or rubbing against a plastic?
3) There are two white plastic washers sitting on the blue linkages that act as spring seats. Are these inhibiting the pivoting?

Been away for a while on vacation. I will check when I get back. Thanks for the info!

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

How does the Pro compare to the LE? I've never played the LE model.

I owned a LE for about 24 hours (couldn't sell it fast enough) The mini play field ruined the game for me and the drop target infront of the lock was a disaster. I bought a NIB pro a few months ago and wasn't sure how long it would stay but I've been very pleased with it so far. The flow is much better without the crappy mini pf's. To me the pro is the much better version of this game. Its no surprise you see LE's up for sale more often then the Pro version.

#457 7 years ago

I traded my LE which I did like, but if I ever get another TF it will be a Pro.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

To me the pro is the much better version of this game.

Never played the LE but spent a lot of coins on a the pro.
I want a pro bad and would never buy an LE exactly for those reasons. The mini pfs kill the game completely.
You rarely see a pro for sale here in Europe. Sucks!

#459 7 years ago

I'm LE all the way. Have had mine for over 3 years and still wont part with it. Remove the control gate on the mini PF and it's not near as bad as everyone wants you to believe. Time factor difference in actual ball return time is almost nothing (I also play a pro on location often). The hold up is the ball bounces off the back of the mini PF and often into the control gate before it opens back up fully causing the ball to bounce back up the mini PF. With the control gate out of the way it's straight in and out. You are talking half to maybe a full second difference between start of ramp to ball dropping back on the PF between the two.

Starscream is a cool feature and with the airball fix the drop target plays into the game well. I like how it block the megatron shot when their is no value in shooting it.

I'd go on but all this is already talked about in this thread anyways not to mention it always turns into an LE bash fest on this site. All the proof you need here of this:

Quoted from hassanchop:

Never played the LE but spent a lot of coins on a the pro.
I want a pro bad and would never buy an LE exactly for those reasons. The mini pfs kill the game completely.
You rarely see a pro for sale here in Europe. Sucks!

Never played an LE but knows that it kills the game completely based off other peoples comments and probably some video watching. You can't evaluate the fun of a feature/game until you play it. Everyone likes different things so I would highly discourage anyone from putting to much stock in other peoples reviews of games. heck, you are in a TF thread and that alone should tell you that you don't like the "normal" stuff.

For the $$$ you can't go wrong with either.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Love the em sounds and believe Gomez use them in the avengers also

Nope, I created Avengers sound effects for Avengers.

ddt

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I owned a LE for about 24 hours (couldn't sell it fast enough) The mini play field ruined the game for me and the drop target infront of the lock was a disaster. I bought a NIB pro a few months ago and wasn't sure how long it would stay but I've been very pleased with it so far. The flow is much better without the crappy mini pf's. To me the pro is the much better version of this game. Its no surprise you see LE's up for sale more often then the Pro version.

I totally agree. I thought the LE was weak with the upgrades. The Pro version is much more challenging with the tight Pro right ramp compared to the wide open LE right ramp and the opportunity to get another extra ball on Starscream on the LE that isn't there in the Pro. I think the Pro is the much better version of the game. That said, once I beat it I had 0 desire to play it anymore because of how similar all the modes are and how much repetitive work it is to get through the game. There just wasn't enough variety at all for me and I wanted it gone after the first week I owned it.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Nope, I created Avengers sound effects for Avengers.
ddt

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Never played an LE but knows that it kills the game completely based off other peoples comments and probably some video watching. You can't evaluate the fun of a feature/game until you play it. Everyone likes different things so I would highly discourage anyone from putting to much stock in other peoples reviews of games. heck, you are in a TF thread and that alone should tell you that you don't like the "normal" stuff.
For the $$$ you can't go wrong with either.

You can evaluate features of a machine based on videos and reviews till a certain point.
I evaluated what I commented above based on all the videos out there.
I can see on all the videos that the right ramp is very easy to shoot on the LE. On the pro the ramp turn ends much higher and it's a harder shot (I like harder games). Plus, on the pro's ramps the ball never stops, and that's the thing I liked the most while playing TF pro... the flow of the game was awesome.
I don't need to play the LE to make this conclusion.

You can take many many conclusions watching videos. For instance, before I got my ACDC prem I watched many videos and I knew it was a blast. I also knew that the mini pf would suck. And it did... waste of time in that game in my humble opinion

#464 7 years ago

Just received this in the post. Mine was pretty beat up.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#465 7 years ago

Finally played a TF Pro yesterday for the first time and it was really fun. I bought an LE HUO already, but I would have bought a Pro if that came up first. I do like the bling on the LE though.

My point is that I am glad I finally found and played a Pro, it played really well and I really like both models of TF.

#466 7 years ago

Anyone have any issues with star scream moving sometimes but getting stuck in the block target spot? mine seams to have no rhyme or reason as it moves.

#467 7 years ago

Is it only possible to get one extra ball on factory settings ?
The only one I get is from lighting the right loop after starting 5 robots.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

On the pro version, yes, that's it AFAIK.

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

On the pro version, yes, that's it AFAIK.

Shame. Some great sounds and shots on this game but it really does need a code polish. Don't think we'll see one though. Shame Lyman didn't program it as he seems to have a lot of pride in his work.

#470 7 years ago

Played both and I found the pro was very bad just had nothing going on flow means nothing when there's no cool stuff to see or aim at.flow around an empty play field you see more le's for sale cuz distribs are still taking in the dough with the pros they bought keep dreaming pro guys.nice try lol more toys more fun and eye candy
Rant over

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Anyone have any issues with star scream moving sometimes but getting stuck in the block target spot? mine seams to have no rhyme or reason as it moves.

Maybe it's become loose? I had that happen once and it's a bitch unless you have a second person hold the playfield up while you align and tighten. Another option is to cover your rail with a cloth and rest the back end up on it.

#472 7 years ago

Everyone who screams the pro has better flow from the right ramp and hates the LE drop target misses how that drop target helps flow by deflecting non ball locks where the pro slows and spits the ball back out. That said I removed my ball lock from IH also as flow is better but more importantly I enjoy the challenge of trying to shoot it back up timely when it drops.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Everyone who screams the pro has better flow from the right ramp and hates the LE drop target misses how that drop target helps flow by deflecting non ball locks where the pro slows and spits the ball back out. That said I removed my ball lock from IH also as flow is better but more importantly I enjoy the challenge of trying to shoot it back up timely when it drops.

Don't think anyone needs to scream the Pro has better flow. I think its pretty much a well known fact by now.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Don't think anyone needs to scream the Pro has better flow. I think its pretty much a well known fact by now.

Unless your facts are just opinions.

Here is a fact that most of you "flow" people want to ignore. The pro doesn't have the drop target and a shot to megatron will hold the ball and then spit it out. This action kills flow, you can't argue that. LE blocks the shot thus keeping the ball in play. I'll take my added .5-1 second on the right ramp to not have my ball held in a scoop that isn't active for anything at that point.

How about another fact about flow on TF. The LE has two control gates so all right loop shots do not go into the pops. There are several instances that a right loop shot will go all the way around and bypass the pops. The pro does not have that so it's pop city for all right loop shots that are strong enough to pass the megatron or optimus back door lanes. (A.K.A - pops = kills flow) This also prevents the option of a super skill shot (LE has) where you hold the left flipper and have to make an immediate shot up the right ramp. While not flow based I thought I'd mention that as well.

If you want to argue facts lets present them all.

yes the left and right ramps on the pro return the ball faster (about 1 second) but the pro also stops the flow in two major ways that the LE does not. Now, which version truly has more flow (not faster flow but more flow).

It's these conversation that frustrate me the most. People look at one feature and say, yup, that kills the flow so this version has more flow but completely neglect to look at the rest of the features of a game.

I've said my piece and wont cont the discussion on this part of the topic as I really don't care what version people buy or prefer but I just can't cont to keep my mouth closed when we are now starting to spill opinion as a fact. In this case the ramps cause the pro to have "faster" flow on the ramps but the LE has "more" flow.

I know what is next. Now you will argue that the mini playfield when active is holding the ball and killing flow but you know my argument to that would be the mini PF is interactive to the player so it's still part of the flow of the game. I.E. - You aren't sitting stagnant waiting for the ball to come back to you.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Unless your facts are just opinions.
Here is a fact that most of you "flow" people want to ignore. The pro doesn't have the drop target and a shot to megatron will hold the ball and then spit it out. This action kills flow, you can't argue that. LE blocks the shot thus keeping the ball in play. I'll take my added .5-1 second on the right ramp to not have my ball held in a scoop that isn't active for anything at that point.
How about another fact about flow on TF. The LE has two control gates so all right loop shots do not go into the pops. There are several instances that a right loop shot will go all the way around and bypass the pops. The pro does not have that so it's pop city for all right loop shots that are strong enough to pass the megatron or optimus back door lanes. (A.K.A - pops = kills flow) This also prevents the option of a super skill shot (LE has) where you hold the left flipper and have to make an immediate shot up the right ramp. While not flow based I thought I'd mention that as well.
If you want to argue facts lets present them all.
yes the left and right ramps on the pro return the ball faster (about 1 second) but the pro also stops the flow in two major ways that the LE does not. Now, which version truly has more flow (not faster flow but more flow).
It's these conversation that frustrate me the most. People look at one feature and say, yup, that kills the flow so this version has more flow but completely neglect to look at the rest of the features of a game.
I've said my piece and wont cont the discussion on this part of the topic as I really don't care what version people buy or prefer but I just can't cont to keep my mouth closed when we are now starting to spill opinion as a fact. In this case the ramps cause the pro to have "faster" flow on the ramps but the LE has "more" flow.
I know what is next. Now you will argue that the mini playfield when active is holding the ball and killing flow but you know my argument to that would be the mini PF is interactive to the player so it's still part of the flow of the game. I.E. - You aren't sitting stagnant waiting for the ball to come back to you.

Ok I'll argue facts with you. You are happy with having to put a big plastic sneeze guard over the drop target cause it was a crappy design. I hated the design and most people I know just disabled the drop target in general cause it did more damage to the Playfield with the plastic installed. Starscream ramp is a horrible design and a total flow killer as opposed to the smooth transition of the Pro ramp. Yes it's so satisfying having the left ramp just drop the ball off the side. Lol. Ironhide ramp much smoother n a harder shot then the LE version with its lame mini game even after removing the gate. The control gate is nice but no way in hell does it make up for the cluster fuck design of both Ramps on the LE. Oh ya and the fact that many paid more for the LE is a even bigger kick in the nuts.

But hey enjoy your LE. I'm glad you like it cause the resale value of it is in the tank. And yes that's a fact since they were blowing them out for often 5k or less.

#476 7 years ago

Ok. I'll play... first, go look up the definition of fact as all you just spouted out was opinion once again.

Good try trying to divert you're flow facts by not addressing any of the items that I called out as major flow differences between the two.

Damage from the air ball plastic. Again, LMAO... I've got thousands of plays on my nearly 4 year old game right now. You would see more damage without it.

Ugly plastic. Believe it or not some of us prefer the look of it over the game without. Again, stating a fact when it is opinion.

You say crappie design of the stars scream mech. I say brilliant. Star scream is a villan. Screwing you sometimes is part of good theme integration to me.

Value in the tank... I think not. I paid 5200 shipped for mine neatly 4 years ago. I could easily sell for 4k if I want. That's a 1200 loss. Now look at my GOTLE. In 4 years time how much of a loss would I take on it? I'm betting more than 1200. Either way. Who gives a crap about that. I buy to play and enjoy. If you are looking at this as an investment you've got more issues.

#477 7 years ago

Anybody added an extra Transformer to the Pro in the area above the pop bumpers ?
If so what size do you use ?

#478 7 years ago

I like both the Pro and the LE.

#479 7 years ago

Flow is nice on a game like stle but got old pretty quick. Something about tfle just keeps me coming back..seems to have quite a few shots which all feel good to hit.

Biggest downside for me was the Megatron lock. I changed it to hard in the settings and set the lock to virtual so it fires the ball out instead of launching a new one to pop city. And that also avoids the 4th ball hang up in Megatron that was happening quite a bit.

Those 2 changes right there added lots of this flow.

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ok. I'll play... first, go look up the definition of fact as all you just spouted out was opinion once again.
Good try trying to divert you're flow facts by not addressing any of the items that I called out as major flow differences between the two.
Damage from the air ball plastic. Again, LMAO... I've got thousands of plays on my nearly 4 year old game right now. You would see more damage without it.
Ugly plastic. Believe it or not some of us prefer the look of it over the game without. Again, stating a fact when it is opinion.
You say crappie design of the stars scream mech. I say brilliant. Star scream is a villan. Screwing you sometimes is part of good theme integration to me.
Value in the tank... I think not. I paid 5200 shipped for mine neatly 4 years ago. I could easily sell for 4k if I want. That's a 1200 loss. Now look at my GOTLE. In 4 years time how much of a loss would I take on it? I'm betting more than 1200. Either way. Who gives a crap about that. I buy to play and enjoy. If you are looking at this as an investment you've got more issues.

Fact - no damage on mine and opinion - 100% agree Starscream is brilliant. Love he screws with you when not timed correctly.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Flow is nice on a game like stle but got old pretty quick. Something about tfle just keeps me coming back..seems to have quite a few shots which all feel good to hit.
Biggest downside for me was the Megatron lock. I changed it to hard in the settings and set the lock to virtual so it fires the ball out instead of launching a new one to pop city. And that also avoids the 4th ball hang up in Megatron that was happening quite a bit.
Those 2 changes right there added lots of this flow.

I rarely ever get the megatron ball stuck but I like that idea still of it firing out immediately. Hmmm may try that although my guests seem to really enjoy the physical lock with the rapid fire show.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The LE has two control gates so all right loop shots do not go into the pops. There are several instances that a right loop shot will go all the way around and bypass the pops. The pro does not have that so it's pop city for all right loop shots that are strong enough to pass the megatron or optimus back door lanes. (A.K.A - pops = kills flow)

Well my Pro has a controlled gate for the right loop, so you can bypass Optimus, Megatron, and the pops. It will loop all the way around and down to the left flipper. If done right I can make several right loops in a row and keep the super spinner going.

The thing that kills the flow is that damn Megatron cannon not seeing the second or third ball when it goes in. I've turned the capture ball option off. I've done everything Stern has mention and I still cannot get that to function properly.

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Anybody added an extra Transformer to the Pro in the area above the pop bumpers ?

I added Starscream there. I used the original figure from the LE. He fits perfect back there over the pops.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I added Starscream there. I used the original figure from the LE. He fits perfect back there over the pops.

Where did you get it from ?

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Where did you get it from ?

I got it on eBay. They just used an off the shelf toy figure for the LE.

#486 7 years ago

Looks like Automated only has one LE NIB left for sale. A Decepticon for $5995 delivered. Probably others out there, but this was the place that got a big last shipment from Stern correct?

http://pinballs.com

#487 7 years ago

Looks like Automated only has one LE NIB left for sale. A Decepticon for $5995 delivered. Probably others out there, but this was the place that got a big last shipment from Stern correct?
http://pinballs.com

A good thing about this pin is that all inserts on the playfield should be fine unlike the GBLE i picked up recently

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from weapon76:

A good thing about this pin is that all inserts on the playfield should be fine unlike the GBLE i picked up recently

Sorry to hear that. GB is a good game.

#489 7 years ago

Pretty sure trent has some TF LE still NIB - Autobot ones I think

#490 7 years ago

Sorry to hear that. GB is a good game.

Besides that issue its Fantastic... Those magna slings are a highlight, especially during multi ball

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/110304160913314353072/album/AF1QipNpcbLgG3lEcoHqH2QgRUfnT9FgZIvKcoJQpKmq

#493 7 years ago

was already in it when bought from HUO... but as Les said above, the story says it came from a LE, as someone removed it...
and the 2 smalls were bought in a toy shop, originaly from HASBRO

than yes, seems you best luck is to check internet auction sites

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

You can achieve an extra ball after starting 5 modes. I've earned extra ball from hitting Starscream I believe 3 times, during the Starscream hurry up. I've actually played the LE more than 800x in which I have received only 4 extra balls total from the cube.

1 week later
#496 7 years ago

Great news, Cliff is working TF as I type. He has Megatron ready and is measuring the Allspark right now.

xformers-prot-001_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-001_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-002_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-002_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-003_(resized).jpgxformers-prot-003_(resized).jpg

#497 7 years ago

How easy is it just to remove Megatron to put a cliffy there?

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How easy is it just to remove Megatron to put a cliffy there?

That's not an easy task at all. At least on the LE. No impossible but not a super quick process.

I'm curious, how many people are seeing wear in that area. I just looked at mine and it's rock solid there. Never really worried about wear there as I rarely get super clean shot into that spot as the ball normally bounces around a little bit. Not a bad option to have for there but am curious if that is a wear area for others.

The only part of TF that I get nervous about is the ramp that goes to Optimus. I swear I nail that left side often and really hard. I'm surprised it's still in one piece. the rest of the game doesn't concern me for longevity. Would love to hear/see some pics from some route operators. The one I see on route looks pretty solid still to (it's a pro).

#499 7 years ago

I'm hoping the Cliffy on the Allspark not only protects but helps it stick in there better.

#500 7 years ago

Doesn't look like I have any wear on Megatron. My All Spark shot is fine too and I have about 2,000 games on it.

I'd rather have the protectors than not have them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.