(Topic ID: 11389)

Everyone's right i was wrong thread.

By TheJesus

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

funny-road-signs-end-torture-now.jpg
    nukeit.jpg
    _DSC3218.jpg
    _DSC3217.jpg
    _DSC3210.jpg
    _DSC3186.jpg
    1323369085_jesus_quintana_last_supper..gif
    10-14-09_1559.jpg
    CORN.jpg
    steamloller1.gif
    800-x-the-big-lebowskiPDVD_004.jpg
    threadneverends.jpg
    6410_1229546257571_1196523156_30674739.jpg
    stupidchart.jpg
    thekorn.jpg
    ritchie.png

This topic is closed.

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 12 years ago

I can understand your frustration and yes I have three kids. I am just saying that it might be a little harsh bashing Steve in front of everyone here and not giving the complete story all at once. I am also not saying you are wrong for being upset for the way you were treated and your PF chipping...but again, Steve was wrong and owned up to his miscalculation and as for the QC at Stern there is a better way to get results than jumping into a rage and going crazy in this forum. Just sayin', I do hope everything works out okay for you.

#52 12 years ago

I can see why you are pissed but with the anger issues you should learn to let it go! You'll be a lot happier, if you can't control it get some medication like Zoloft......

People deal with a raft of sh*t on a daily basis...you aren't alone, and in the grand scheme of things it's really just not that big of a deal, Stern just doesn't care and all you do is get your own BP raised through the roof!

#54 12 years ago

Yeah fight WOW. When i feel insulted and feel my Honor and the honor of my family is at stake yeah i will fight. Question my integrity in front of my family yeah i will fight. I used to be a Bouncer i will fight at the drop of a hat. Now i take xanax. There is no other side of the story thats the whole story. I have forgiven steve doesnt mean i wont forget it. Does not mean every time i see the machine i think of it.

Not really raging rather than venting. I want to serve STERN PINBALL papers.

Others have issues as well. If this was GE or Fisher price there would be a recall.

#55 12 years ago

People time and time again because they love pinball put up with alot they shouldnt. They have hope. Hope the next game wont look like this or have this wrong. So they Purchase blindly. Why HOPE. Smart nope But lots do. Stern knows this. Figures we got there money again, move to the next machine.

Not buying a machine doesn't change this. It just changes it for you the person not buying. Stern needs to go wow we are getting sued for our practices. Maybe we should change less we be sued again. Its a matter of how many times is Gary gonna send his uber pricey lawyers into court even if it s to get a motion thrown out. Cost him Lots of money. Cost me 80 bucks to file papers.
    What aobut when his investors ask why are you getting sued....AGAIN!

Some people might think its extreme but just because stern fixes a issue for me doesnt mean its fixed for all! Why all the negative in the thread i dunno. I am not seeking money. I am seeking CHANGE. I just peppered in my story with my machine so others can understand why i took it to this level. Because i had so much negative i was pushed over the line enough to take action.

#56 12 years ago

Did he really "yell" at you? Seriously, how abusive was it?

As for this whole class action thing (TaylorVA), iceman and RobT get it. You bought a pinball machine. It works as promised. Minor mechanical problems are common and to be expected in a complex machine like a pin. Minor cosmetic damage? That's normal wear and tear. No basis for a lawsuit--any judge will LAUGH you right out of court, if not reprimand/sanction/fine the attorney for frivolous litigation.

As for a class-action lawyer "looking into it," CA attorneys are basically ambulance-chasers that chase bus-sized ambulances. They won't go anywhere with it if there's not a lot of money to be had and no potential for a hefty contingency fee. You're really wasting your time and energy on this crusade. But hey, go ahead.

#58 12 years ago

OK, I just realized that a law school education is worthless in the face of righteous indignation. Carry on!

#59 12 years ago

Sorry for your shitty experience Jesus and sorry for the issues you are experiencing with the game. Both things are very uncalled for and BS in my book.

No guest should ever be talked down to when invited into someones home/place of business without damn good reason. In conjunction, most high end electronic providers should be expected to provide better customer service and back up their product.

I understand your frustration on both levels. Good luck in finding some resolution.

#60 12 years ago

Wow, holy shit, what a drama queen you are. Just so I understand, you are a Stern re seller and you've been having quality issues with them for years. However, you still continue to sell their shitty product? Now, we should all sue them? Making a bunch of lawyers rich and people seeing $5 checks for their game issues is a GREAT idea!

Hey, I have an idea! If you don't like the product, and you think it's crap, STOP SELLING IT. Maybe, if you stop buying their pinballs, they will change. It's more than a little hypocritical to bitch about quality, then do so much business with them.

I'm not sure about the factory tour story, it personally sounds more than fishy to me.

If you have a problem with Stern quality, stop buying Stern pinballs. Their products aren't perfect, NIB pins have never been perfect. When Stern makes a mistake that's out of the ordinary generally they make good. They don't owe you shit.

You are silly as hell.

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

TheJesus said:Abusive enough to make me leave right away and i felt unwanted in the building at that point. Thats all that matters.
    You fail to see the point not about money. Lawyers are Fresh Bar grads who would do nothing but draft up papers.
    All i care about is Gary has to take time out of his day or pay someone who will to go down to the court to answer claim. Cost me nothing or 80 bucks cost him thousands.
    There is no frivolous litigation in Civil court. I can sue the cat on the corner for being black with white stripes.
    All that matters is there has been enough hot air dispensed here so it will get back to stern. Objective COMPLETE!
    OK, I just realized that a law school education is worthless in the face of righteous indignation. Carry on!

Some would say that a law school education is worthless period!

#63 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I can see why you are pissed but with the anger issues you should learn to let it go! You'll be a lot happier, if you can't control it get some medication like Zoloft......
    People deal with a raft of sh*t on a daily basis...you aren't alone, and in the grand scheme of things it's really just not that big of a deal, Stern just doesn't care and all you do is get your own BP raised through the roof!

+1

Man, your getting yourself all worked up for nothing. I would work through the proper channels prior to going to actions that cost you money.

Can Stern do some things better, Yes.
    Did Steve make a mistake, Yes.
    Is JJP going to change the way of Sterns thinking, Maybe.
    Is a class action lawsuit going to solve anything, No.

#64 12 years ago

Class action lawsuit? Seriously?

It would probably be the main subject of Special When Lit 2: Lawsuit Bugaloo.

#65 12 years ago

Just to help you get off the "legal issue"....here it is!

1. It will cost you more than $80 to file suit, you need a process server also and if that's all it is in Wisconsin then its no wonder they have budget issues......

2. Yes, you could get sanctioned as a lawyer and fined for filing a frivolous lawsuit in a civil matter.....

3. Stern wouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars to file a general denial to the lawsuit...period

4. Once he files the General Denial, even if he wastes his time doing it, it's then on you to provide written discovery to Stern, good luck with that.......

5. On top of all that "venue" for the lawsuit will probably be wherever Stern is located, that's one of the reasons he has distributors to deal with all of the BS.....

The legal route is a dead end Dude! Even if its only $80 it's your money you are wasting...

I like the passion though

#66 12 years ago

Wow, TheJesus works fast. He was on the local news talking about this issue.

#67 12 years ago

The thing is that nobody wants to see Stern go out of business. They are keeping this hobby alive by existing and releasing new pins. But perhaps being the only game in town has made them a little complacent. They raise their prices and build cheaper with every pin. And being the only game in town, if you don't buy from them...they close and we lose the only remaining pinball manufacturer. The end....used prices skyrocket....people start cutting themselves to replicate the rush a NIB pin gave them....ect.

But things will get better! JJP will at least give us another option and perhaps be worth the hype. At the most they will usher in a renaissance with each company trying to out do each other....and things will be glorious.

You have a right to be furious Jesus. But resolution will be upon us soon enough.

#68 12 years ago

I still think this thread would be better with titties

#69 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I still think this thread would be better with titties

Any thread would be better with titties.

#70 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

ome would say that a law school education is worthless period! []

I agree with this

#71 12 years ago

instantly better

bikini-teen.jpgbikini-teen.jpg

#72 12 years ago

And people wonder why there are Stern bashers out there. (:

#73 12 years ago

As a seasoned, not-fresh-out-of-law-school litigator, let me tell you that you have all but destroyed any claim you want t pursue against Stern in this thread. It is admissible and discoverable evidence that Stern could use against you to show your level of credibility, your complaints, your purposes for pursuing litigation and your prodding others into the suit with you. I also find it laughable that you presume to use a green attorney to attempt to form a class. Good luck with all that. There is a little more to it over gathering names.

You are better off going straight to them about it and keeping your mouth shut on public forums about lawsuits. Then, with no redress from Stern, filing your own claim for damages against them.

#74 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

Is there a large amount of snow in WI right now?...Just wondering.

No it's actually pretty mild.

#75 12 years ago

1. Stern has a liability insurance policy with what is assuredly a large, corporate behemoth insurance carrier. Probably underwritten by CHUBB or some other massive commercial carrier that laughs at suits ten times this size. That giant insurance company will have either a big in-house firm to handle the claim, or they will hire very good attorneys to handle the litigation - should you manage to actually find your way into litigation. Gary Stern will not even know this takes place when it does. The most he will have to do is answer a phone call from his carrier keeping him in the loop on his defense, which is costing him nothing because it is being provided by that carrier.

2. it will cost you well more than $80 to file a suit and for process service.

3. There is absolutely frivolous claim control in civil law. It is called a Motion to Dismiss and/or a Summary Judgment. When it is filed against you by the good attorneys for Stern's carrier, your incompetent first year attorney will have to answer and appear at the hearing and prevail. When and if he doesn't, you will get saddled with Stern's litigation expenses. You personally as the Plaintiff. In some states, your attorney will be responsible for a share of these, too.

#76 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Some would say that a law school education is worthless period!

It bought my MM!!!

#77 12 years ago

Thank God for boobies.

steve

#78 12 years ago

Can Stern do some things better, Yes.
    Did Steve make a mistake, Yes.
    Is JJP going to change the way of Sterns thinking, Maybe.
    Is a class action lawsuit going to solve anything, No.

+1000000

I think the Don't-Sue-other-People Panda needs to lecture here on Pinside.

tumblr_loqfm0r1UJ1qludboo1_500.giftumblr_loqfm0r1UJ1qludboo1_500.gif

#79 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

It bought my MM!!!

And could easily buy you a 'Royale with cheese' as well.

#80 12 years ago

I have a Royale with Cheese box. The girl I was dating in high school when Pulp Fiction was in the theaters went to Europe and brought it back for me. Still have that thing, somewhere.

#81 12 years ago

This thread. Rocks it did what i intended

#82 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I have a Royale with Cheese box. The girl I was dating in high school when Pulp Fiction was in the theaters went to Europe and brought it back for me. Still have that thing, somewhere.

Hahaa that's hilarious!

Quoted from TheJesus:

You have been looking for someone with a Royale with cheese box?

#83 12 years ago

Make Wisconsin and you look bad. Yes it did

#84 12 years ago

Wow! This thread's intense for a supposedly "soothing" pastime... All I'll say is that the only people who get rich in a class action lawsuit are the lawyers (check "King of Torts" or about any other Grisham book!). So, if you would feel vindicated by ultimately getting two cotton swabs and a little polyurethane while some law firm gets a new G650, then proceed!

#85 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheJesus:

You seriously have the worst punctuation usage of all time. Seriously. Of all time.

You also have terrible ideas and delusions of grandeur. Who do you presume has run into Gary Stern's office to alert him of some schmuck in Wisconsin that is pissy on the Pinside forums about the CC on his Transformers pin? Didn't you ask to be deactivated from this board a couple weeks back? Could you check the progress on that request?

#86 12 years ago

I think the OP posted on the wrong forum:

teendrama.jpgteendrama.jpg

Quoted from gambit3113:

Didn't you ask to be deactivated from this board a couple weeks back? Could you check the progress on that request?

LOL.

#87 12 years ago

Class action lawsuit...LMAO.....You guys act like you don't know who Gary Stern is...How many companies has he had?? How many times have other Pin companies sued him??? Just think how many names Stern Pinball has has....Stern, DataEast, Sega...all the same. He's just barely better than that joker from Austrailia with "The Pinball Factory" Sadly he has the best designer working for him since Williams/Bally bit the dust. Hoping good things for JJP....at least Jack is straight up. BTW wet sand your clear coat on the shooter rail with 2000, then hand buff it and all should be good....may have to start with 1500 to get that BS off it...Goodluck with you lawsuit

#88 12 years ago

...so now that RGP has moved to pinside, anyone got a new site?

#90 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

TheJesus said:This thread. Rocks it did what i intended

You seriously have the worst punctuation usage of all time. Seriously. Of all time.
    You also have terrible ideas and delusions of grandeur. Who do you presume has run into Gary Stern's office to alert him of some schmuck in Wisconsin that is pissy on the Pinside forums about the CC on his Transformers pin? Didn't you ask to be deactivated from this board a couple weeks back? Could you check the progress on that request?

Cell phone dude lol. Yes i know for a fact that happened. Some of us are such stern fan boys they cant keep there mouth shut. That was the whole point of the threat. IT worked too. Feel free to rant on about how i suck because i want a company to do what they say. Sell complete and working games. Oh look there he is now........ The more money than brains club

#91 12 years ago

Sure. I believe that as much as I believe Steve Ritchie Facebook messages you to apologize for a made up encounter. You have cried Wolf too many times, my friend. No one is buying this load of crap.

#92 12 years ago

says the black man

#93 12 years ago

Want to explain that one or just look even worse?

#94 12 years ago

Dont have to those that know me know my feelings.

ritchie.pngritchie.png

#95 12 years ago

So....you got your apology more than two weeks ago, and then came over here still all butt-hurt about it?

#96 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheJesus:

says the black man

I still want an explanation for this, too.

#97 12 years ago

I can't believe this thread is still going, let's see some more boobs!

#98 12 years ago

popcorn anybody?

#99 12 years ago

But it didn't happen. You are the reason i love this thread. Its to the point of hilarity now that the purpose has been served. Later dude mumble grumble go pay 12k for a mm and 20k for a bbb wax your 930 and carry on. Leave my physical labor working ass alone. Go push papers. Because you have reached Frank status lol are you Nathan or maybe Expat?

#100 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

TheJesus said:says the black man
    I still want an explanation for this, too.

me too....also who wants salt and butter?

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-clear-coat/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.