Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_3.JPG
photo_2.JPG
DSC_0509.JPG
DSC_0506.JPG
DSC_0503.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 12 years ago

The decals appear nice but are so thin it's ridiculous. I used the Pincab plastic protectors and got bubbling, tearing, etc. Prefer the pixelated screened cabs. If I had to do it again I would use Felt under the legs. I'm hoping WOZ decals will be better.

#19 12 years ago

I don't think I'm going to get AC/DC do to this. Too many problems with the games leaving the factory plus bad decals. I hope JJP is reading this so they don't make the same mistakes. I sent Stern an email I was unhappy about the decals and have not received a reply yet but I'm sure they'll tell me it's normal.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You don't understand why people are upset their 6500 dollar pin has decal wrinkling or bubbling after 1-2 weeks? Whiners?
The attitude that sucks is not that of people who are disappointed but that of those that just say to bend over and take it. Give me a f'ing break.

+1

I was perfectly fine with the screened cabs. How think is the felt you guys are using? Is it abrasive at all or smooth?
It's just extremely disappointing to see the decals doing this. I have never had a problem with any of my other games including decaled Bally/WMS games.

#41 12 years ago

The decal job sucks and the decals suck that they used. I have not had a problem yet with mine and I did use pincab protectors. When I installed them I made sure the legs and protector where all the way pushed up. If you have them down they will work there way up after time and moving of the pin. I may switch them to felt.

Stern responded back to me and wanted to see some pics.

DSC_0503.JPGDSC_0503.JPG DSC_0506.JPGDSC_0506.JPG DSC_0509.JPGDSC_0509.JPG

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

TomGWI said:The decals appear nice but are so thin it's ridiculous. I used the Pincab plastic protectors and got bubbling,

This is where you went wrong.. Pincab protectors destroy decals. They work damn good for covering damage on old games.
Sorry your game is torn up.
Jim

Yeah, thought I would be protecting the game, obviously not the case. I have them on most of my games and don't have anything like this on my Bally/Wms or Prior Sterns.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Got a call from Stern today. They're sending me new decals, which is a nice gesture. I'm thinking I'll probably just keep 'em as spares for the time being. If I do put them on at some point I will definitely trim them to the right size so they're not under the legs.
Should've done that to start with I guess.

I emailed them a week ago and got a response. They wanted pics and my address but never heard back. Sent a followup email yesterday and haven't heard anything.

1 week later
#55 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Benaar said:

Got a call from Stern today. They're sending me new decals, which is a nice gesture. I'm thinking I'll probably just keep 'em as spares for the time being. If I do put them on at some point I will definitely trim them to the right size so they're not under the legs.
Should've done that to start with I guess.
I emailed them a week ago and got a response. They wanted pics and my address but never heard back. Sent a followup email yesterday and haven't heard anything.

Just wanted to let everyone know. Thought it was nice that Stern sent me a brand new cabinet decal set for Transformers.

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from Krajkerjac:

Really? Stern is supporting an after market product tearing the decals?
That, in itself, is ridiculous.
I understand that the decals are thin, but YOU applied the pincab protectors and THOSE are what caused the issue. More power to you...

Hey I told them about the pincab protectors. If I hadn't put them on it could have been worse. The cabinet protectors are made for "Protection". I have them on all my pins and guess what, none of them even have a scratch or blemish on them. So tell me what I did wrong.

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from Krajkerjac:

That's just it. They are not made for protection. They are used to cover up torn/ripped decals. Period.
I'd be surprised if you took them off your other games what you would find...
Not trying to argue with anyone, just stating what I have seen.
What did you do wrong? Nothing.

I get your point. I have actually taken them off on a few games since Transformers and my other pins didn't have any damage. Just stating a fact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomGWI.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-cabinet-decals-leg-protectors?tu=TomGWI and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.