IMG_8018.1.jpg
internet pic 2.jpg
internet pic.jpg
TFLE2.JPG
TFLE1.JPG
image-144.jpg
image.jpg
image-768.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrStarkweather.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys! I just picked up a sweet TFLE Combo this weekend at a great price. Im surprised how much I like the game. I think the theme integration is great, it looks cool, and it has been really fun to play.

I know this game can be pretty divisive and its not for everybody, but I was suprised when I went looking and there weren't any threads to just talk about TFLE (or pro).

So lets do it! Any mods on your game? Change out any of the lighting to custom LEDs? Whats your favorite point strategy?

2014-11-03 13.56.57.jpg2014-11-03 13.56.57.jpg

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
USEFUL LINKS!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Replacement figures for the game are called 'Hasbro Transformers Robo Fighters'. They can be found on Amazon and perhaps Ebay

Fuko made custom apron cards!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fukos-custom-cards#post-1585957

Acrylic Speaker Cutouts (1 Autobots, 1 Decepticons) and Speaker light kit available...
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Post edited by DrStarkweather: Adding quick reference links from the thread.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

poor sound and a sub and better speakers help a whole lot.

Luckily mine came decked out with Flipper Fidelity sound gear. The transforming sounds are a hoot and I love getting the Autobots skill shot and hearing the 'Robots in disguise' music sample.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

ake sure you do the fix on the megatron trough, just requires 2 washers.

Im pretty sure this was already done... the balls fire out of there super quick. Thats the purpose correct?

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Looks like you have leg protectors on there. Be careful. You don't want to bunch up the decals.

There already is some decal wrinkling. but metal protectors that were sent from Stern are installed now, so it shouldn't get any worse. Hopefully.

This game actually came pretty packed with stuff. Custom shooter, FF speakers and Subs, the speaker cut-outs and lighting kit. Translite lighting kit. Im not sure there is much else you can do to it, but Im just super happy with it right now as a game.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is that the one from MN?

Nope, was a local transaction.

#25 9 years ago

I wish the modes were less similar. Pretty much everything is 'hit the lit lane!', Spiderman comes to mind when it comes to how to vary things.

you could do things like

-Hit Optimus and then hit lit lane
-Obtain a certain number of Pop hits
-Bumblebee 2 ball multi ball (hits on captive ball/car)

More Theatre of Magic and less Monster Bash.

#36 9 years ago

Rules question: Do the normal robot modes save progression? Iv got the game set on factory default difficulty and I feel like there is never enough time to finish these modes.

#40 9 years ago

Had a friend come over and he really isn't a pinball guy. After playing one game on it he said "it just feels more advanced and solid than your other games.

He was standing next to Tron Pro, Wh20, and Spiderman when he said it. (He played them all)

Its true, it must be the LE package but it feels like a really solid feeling game.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Any one find any links to a speaker panel upgrade kit? It would be great to get a decepticon logo back lit and an autobot logo back lit in the speaker grill area.

My machine came with this. So its out there. If you find the links Ill add them to the First Post.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Have you read the Pinball News game review that goes through the rules?

Im reading that right now. Im guessing this was written about the time the game came out? Once I fully understand the rules Im sure I can go through the code notes on the updates to see what was changed.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/transformers/index.html

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

The papa video tutorial of bowen playing is pretty good too.

Bowen always does great tutorials!

#75 9 years ago

Im liking the way things look with the mirror blades. Iv got an extra set im my garage too, maybe Ill put some in this weekend!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

Has anyone here upgraded their sound with FF or another system? Sub? I think the callouts are one of the best parts of the game so it's probably worth it. Any thoughts?

Mine has the FF kit. It sound pretty good to me. But I don't crank my games up.

#85 9 years ago

I finished Roll Out today for the first time, shattering my previous high scores. Wasn't able to finish the Decepticon modes after that but overall it was a great game.

Im starting to think I may need to set the machine up to play a little harder. Widen those outlines and maybe increase the slope a little.

#86 9 years ago

Best part of Roll Out was seeing Grimlock. Kinda wish I could put him in the game.

Voyager Grimlock 2.jpgVoyager Grimlock 2.jpg

7 months later
#117 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

The reward for completion is an extra ball.

Thats the only reason to try to go for it. Even if you have the ramp lit for 2X, its just not worth the points to instead continue working through the modes or setting up your multi balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrStarkweather.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformer-le-thread-roll-out?tu=DrStarkweather and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.