Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Don't want to give anything away, but saw and played the Transformer Le/Designer editions and there is a lot of toys and mechanisms packed in this game. The purple, red and half and half powder coated trim looks awesome. Translites look awesome, each machine will be unique.

I am sure everyone will be happy with the game.

#2 12 years ago

I enjoyed the regular version, I know LE editions are better as I just played the TRON LE this weekend as well and it's night and day.

#3 12 years ago

#4 12 years ago

Did you hear when it will be released ?

#5 12 years ago

Hopefully soon

#6 12 years ago

PICS OR BS

#7 12 years ago

I spoke with GAP tonight. His words were "Packed" "Tons to hit" and "Amazing"
    super stoked......

#8 12 years ago

For those of us who are on the fence on buying a LE - Mike, anything else you can share? PM me. I was left disappointed in the pro at Expo.

#9 12 years ago

The left ramp feeds to the left in lane and at times it can go to an upper platform which rotates and feeds the pop bumpers. The right ramp can feed the left in lane or it can feed the upper mini playfield. The ball lock rapidly shoots the balls out of the kick out hole. Balls come spitting out. Very cool.

Decepticon game comes with Decepticon cabinet art work and translite.

The Autobot game comes with the Autobot cabinet artwork and translite.

The Le is half and half Autobot side art and Decepticon side art with the half and half trim. Translite is half Autobot half Decepticon.

The crimson and violet powder coat looks awesome

#10 12 years ago

Looking forward to seeing how it comes together

#11 12 years ago

Sounds sooooo much better than the Pro. So, is there any point buying a Pro, other than for putting on location???

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

is there any point buying a Pro

And here we see the inevitable result of LEs being more than cosmetic :/

Now all they have to do is drop Pro models and they've effectively hiked the price by $1k+ on their machines

#13 12 years ago

I'll wait for the 'Super LE Extra Plus'. I heard it has a longer mains cable.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

there is a lot of toys and mechanisms packed in this game.

Yeah, but how does it play?

Quoted from GAP:

The purple, red and half and half powder coated trim looks awesome. Translites look awesome, each machine will be unique.

Not new info, and it's just eye-candy.

Quoted from GAP:

The ball lock rapidly shoots the balls out of the kick out hole. Balls come spitting out. Very cool.

How does this differ from the pro?

I bought a LE, I hope it rocks...but this sales pitch would not entice me to go out and buy one if I'm on the fence. Just sayin'....

#15 12 years ago

All this LE/Designer/Pro BS turns me off. I know why they do it but it makes me less inclined to buy their new games and more likely to buy an old game. That's just me.

#16 12 years ago

Let's see some pics stern.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

All this LE/Designer/Pro BS turns me off. I know why they do it but it makes me less inclined to buy their new games and more likely to buy an old game.

Too bad they can't figure out a way to build a base (Pro) with "ad-on-features" that you can buy ala carte. Build one set of rules with features that you can turn "on" via the menu (eg, shaker motor) if you buy the add-on. Otherwise it's the manufacturing model they currently have (Pro and LE) or JJP's which is PF/rules are the same for both Pro & LE and the LE is strictly bling....with a Pro price of $6,500.

#18 12 years ago

I know pics will be great.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

Too bad they can't figure out a way to build a base (Pro) with "ad-on-features" that you can buy ala carte.

I've been saying for a long time that I think they should allow the buyers to customize the machines, and then build them to order. It would be just like when you order a new car. Some people would go for a loaded one, some would save money and go with a no-frills base model, and others would opt for something in between. At least this way everybody would be happy.

#20 12 years ago

As a new guy to the pinball party I find it strange that there are 3 different models of the same machine. It just seems like a money grab. Why would you make machines of the same game play/have a different experience? I could understand having a base model and then having official mods, but it seems flawed the way it is now.

#21 12 years ago

It would be nice if Stern could show what people are buying.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I've been saying for a long time that I think they should allow the buyers to customize the machines, and then build them to order.

I couldn't agree with you more on that!

Quoted from Jgel:

I could understand having a base model and then having official mods, but it seems flawed the way it is now.

+1 on that as well.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from tk375:

It would be nice if Stern could show what people are buying.

+1

I mean honestly... How many things do people buy sight unseen for $6-7K?

I suppose if less people pre-order machines it would force their hand a bit. Until that happens they'll probably keep doing exactly what they're doing.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I mean honestly... How many things do people buy sight unseen for $6-7K?
    I suppose if less people pre-order machines it would force their hand a bit. Until that happens they'll probably keep doing exactly what they're doing.

I suspect the "final" LE design lags quite a bit from the Pro...but by now they should be providing more pics.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from kmoore88:

I suspect the "final" LE design lags quite a bit from the Pro...but by now they should be providing more pics.

Stern supposedly took pictures of the LE on Friday. Shouldn't take this long to get them out... pathetic.

#26 12 years ago

I don't think it is a bad thing that they are offering 3 models of the Le. I actually think it is good marketing. The whole TF cult is about Autobot vs. Decepticon. A fan of TF may have a liking to one or the other. We have the choice to pick which armor we like best. Makes sense to me anyway. The game itself will be the same on all 3 options. Just the look will be a little different.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoBlue:

Stern supposedly took pictures of the LE on Friday. Shouldn't take this long to get them out... pathetic.

They probably had to send them out to be developed.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

LMAO!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformer-le-deisgner-owners-will-be-happy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.