3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by GKW
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KissPS (resized).JPG
    #1 3 years ago

I am building a Space Invaders and a KISS, but I don't have any 122-131 transformers. I have a few 122-125 transformers, if those will work. I also have several WPC and System 11 transformers. I don't want to spend money on something when I don't have to.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from GKW:

I have a few 122-125 transformers, if those will work.

Unfortunately, they produce different voltages. The 122-131 needed the extra voltage to support more lamps in those games. However, you might be able to get away with it if you use LEDs only.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-transformer-rectifier-board-interchange-question-#post-5043591

Quoted from GKW:

I also have several WPC and System 11 transformers.

Those use vastly different voltages. Those are completely incompatible with early solid state games.

#3 3 years ago

Thank you for the response. Can you respond to this, that I found on K's Arcade?

https://ksarcade.net/new-used-pinball-boards-parts/power-supplies-transformers/bally-power-house-transformer-rectifier-assembly.html

Look at the product details of the item and let me know what you think.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from GKW:

Look at the product details of the item and let me know what you think.

About what, exactly?

If you need a rectifier board, I'd suggest here: https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

#5 3 years ago

Per schematic, 122-125 can work in a Kiss if LEDs are used. As mentioned in a previous post, higher voltage and current were only needed with original 44/47 bulbs.

KissPS (resized).JPGKissPS (resized).JPG
    #6 3 years ago

I was confused by the product being offered. I understand about the higher voltage necessity, and how using LEDs will negate having to use the -131 transformer. I didn't hear anything about the connectors in the forums, or how using a beefed-up TR board will also remedy the lack of power.

From the product details on K's Arcade "Powerhouse Transformer":

"Can be used with all Bally solid state games including KISS, Future Spa and Space Invaders*. It is recommended to replace the female housings and crimp connectors on the harness at J1, J2 and J3. Crimp contacts and housings are sold separately. *J1 Connector header pin 9 is used for KISS, Future Spa and Space Invaders. All other Bally and Stern games do not use pin 9. Make sure the J1 connector housing has the key plug installed at pin 4."

According to what I read in the ad, the rectifier board is supplying the higher voltage, necessary to use with KISS, Future Spa, and Space Invaders. This is what I was trying to ascertain.
    Thanks to all for your input!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.