Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p01n60z8 (resized).jpg
307099260_10225550147451978_6173375419292944569_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.54.30 PM (resized).png
5806b4f029e87d8395e0efb019debca2--funny-shit-funny-stuff (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
B74D22EA-31AC-4EA6-8465-A377BF45DF73 (resized).jpeg
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago

Until the dollar value gets high enough for a single theft, or thieves are consistently targeting particular high value items, federal law enforcement isn't going to care. They have bigger fish to fry.

As far as the railroads themselves, until the insurance costs due to lost freight exceeds the cost of the lost freight itself, they won't care. It's still a net gain for them.

It literally comes down to counting beans.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So how does hacking it benefit the hackers? Not disagreeing with you, just trying to understand.

5806b4f029e87d8395e0efb019debca2--funny-shit-funny-stuff (resized).jpg5806b4f029e87d8395e0efb019debca2--funny-shit-funny-stuff (resized).jpg
#53 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I can make short work of any lock with a gas powered chop saw or a battery operated cut off wheel.

Or plasma torch.

#54 1 year ago

This thread:

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.54.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-01 at 9.54.30 PM (resized).png

#55 1 year ago

Not very portable though; requires AC power and compressed air supply.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Possible, sure. Extremely unlikely. It’s pretty tin hat to think people are hacking them. Quite honestly all that info/ability is available to a hacker right now if the game is connected to the internet.

I guarantee anything you connect to the network is getting pentested. Whether you want it or not.

#57 1 year ago
307099260_10225550147451978_6173375419292944569_n.jpg307099260_10225550147451978_6173375419292944569_n.jpg
#58 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is the key. Make it hard enough so they go elsewhere. Or what ever you are protecting isn't worth their time. The average home owner won't attract a safe cracker.

The guy who sold me my first ADT system told me this:

"You know those 'caper' movies? There's some painting or diamond or something in a museum with a million-dollar security system, and some plucky band of crooks steals it anyway?

If someone wants to break into _your_ house, you can't stop them. _We_ can't stop them. All we can do is make loud noises and call the authorities so they don't stay in your house very long.

But, your average thief just wants to break into _a_ house. They're looking for cash, and jewelry and small electronics they can turn into cash. Make your house more difficult or more risky, and they'll break into the house next door instead.

It's like the old joke about being in the woods with your friends when you all spot a bear. You don't have to outrun the bear - you just have to outrun your friends. We'll make your house a tougher target than the ones on either side, and nature will take its course."

(FYI, the house next door to me, identical to mine but the _one_ on the block with no alarm system, was broken into _twice_ before they got wired up.)

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I guarantee anything you connect to the network is getting pentested. Whether you want it or not.

Years ago I was digging around stats in the C Panel on my website. 3/4ths of the views was coming from Russia.

Now I don't think that many views were interested in my arcade. I'd be thinking they were looking for a way in.

LTG : )

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from JWJr:

The guy who sold me my first ADT system told me this:
"You know those 'caper' movies? There's some painting or diamond or something in a museum with a million-dollar security system, and some plucky band of crooks steals it anyway?
If someone wants to break into your_ house, you can't stop them. We_ can't stop them. All we can do is make loud noises and call the authorities so they don't stay in your house very long.
But, your average thief just wants to break into a_ house. They're looking for cash, and jewelry and small electronics they can turn into cash. Make your house more difficult or more risky, and they'll break into the house next door instead.
It's like the old joke about being in the woods with your friends when you all spot a bear. You don't have to outrun the bear - you just have to outrun your friends. We'll make your house a tougher target than the ones on either side, and nature will take its course."
(FYI, the house next door to me, identical to mine but the one_ on the block with no alarm system, was broken into twice_ before they got wired up.)

All you need is a firearm or two, preferably within easy access....like concealed carry.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

All you need is a firearm or two, preferably within easy access....like concealed carry.

They are kinda like pinball machines though. It's hard to stop at 1 or 2.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

They are kinda like pinball machines though. It's hard to stop at 1 or 2.

Boy, ain't _that_ the truth...

We are sufficiently armed for anything less than a platoon, and they're properly located. And, we hope to never use them.

But, as we told a friend the other day: this alarm makes The Brown Noise. Anyone with half a lick of sense will run, _immediately_. If we hear that alarm, and then hear the stairs creak and the bedroom door open, somebody's going to meet Mr. Hollow Point and several of his brothers, from both sides of the bed.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Boy, ain't that_ the truth...
We are sufficiently armed for anything less than a platoon, and they're properly located. And, we hope to never use them.
But, as we told a friend the other day: this alarm makes The Brown Noise. Anyone with half a lick of sense will run, immediately_. If we hear that alarm, and then hear the stairs creak and the bedroom door open, somebody's going to meet Mr. Hollow Point and several of his brothers, from both sides of the bed.

The sound of the slide being racked on a 12 gauge has a way of focusing people.

#64 1 year ago

"(FYI, the house next door to me, identical to mine but the one_ on the block with no alarm system, was broken into twice_ before they got wired up.)"

True. All the cars parked in driveways in my neighborhood were broken into one night a while back...except mine. However, my house was well known to have a 140lb freak of nature Doberman who might be in the yard at any time day or night. If he didn't know you, he did not welcome you warmly to put it mildly.

The fact that my car was skipped, even though it was unlocked and had an expensive radar detector in the windshield leads me to believe that the robber(s) had cased the neighborhood prior to the event and noted our dog. I'm sure they decided it was better to seek out easier pickings elsewhere!

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

That's a beautiful sound...

I am not a firearm nut and always have had a few hunting rifles, but I took the next step due to the rise of crime and current conditions.

#66 1 year ago

I suppose pinball machines are now quite an attractive lure for thieves, given their ridiculous value. I suggest you really do... bolt them to the floor.

Funny story... but true. At Heighway Pinball, our little factory was broken into, and thieves pretty much had the whole night to do as they please (Andrew was too cheap to invest in proper security). They had a factory full of pinball machines and parts, just lying there. And what did these idiots do? They went after the cooper piping and flooded the place.

Next day, Andrew dug deep into his pocket and fitted shutters to every entrance.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Especially at night in a dark house. Burglars know you don't have to be too accurate with that.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Especially at night in a dark house. Burglars know you don't have to be too accurate with that.

Just remember - do NOT shine a flashlight like you see on TV. Stay stealth. That is a good way to get killed.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

NOT shine a flashlight like you see on TV. Stay stealth. That is a good way to get killed.

Also a good way to kill something you don’t want to die.

Tactical lights are available for most home defense weapons. Use one to be sure of your target.

#70 1 year ago
p01n60z8 (resized).jpgp01n60z8 (resized).jpg
#71 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:haha! Vulnerability testing today is as automated as many other computer programs. Your adversaries are well funded organized crime gangs, not a kid goofing around in her basement.
In one post you said

It's almost like you don't understand that having remote control available to YOU also means the machine is connected to the internet and available to every automated test from https://www.shodan.io
If you're asking for a feature you should be aware of both the risks and the rewards so you can make an informed decision.

I understand that just fine. The current insider connected network has all of the information you are worried about someone getting. The security protocols are already in place along with the ability to have remote control of games/information. I am suggesting increasing the user access to allow us to manage our own equipment. Any of the hacking you are worried about already exists as a vulnerability of the network today.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

[quoted image]

I was hoping some would add to the pics way above but this is even more funny

#73 1 year ago

This game will show up sooner than later.

Based on current trends pawn shops will pay $300-$1500 for spike 2 machine.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Also a good way to kill something you don’t want to die.
Tactical lights are available for most home defense weapons. Use one to be sure of your target.

I didn't say shoot in the dark.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/train-heist-stolen-star-wars-premium-serial-342175c/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.