Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0383 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0382 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    SS Quote (resized).png
    GWJ SHIRT.JPG
    Screenshot_20230124-165755 (resized).png
    BR.gif
    FWhY0oWXEAETX34 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
    jim-lahey-lahey.gif
    IMG_0380 (resized).JPG
    zzUntitled 2 (resized).png
    4E9E79C3-F08F-4393-A25B-4B388A34A966_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
    3A6E6F90-1E74-47F7-BD8D-635E0A57931D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

John's not really here to respond about the intern so i'll tell you a bit about him but not his personal details. It's not Mr BWM though you'd be forgiven for thinking they have the same clothing-sense.
    The intern is a nice guy. He's kind of timid in some ways. I believe it was the... second? day he was in the workshop as a intern he wanted to quit due to having a phobia of power tools. So needless to say he hasn't handled any power tools since. In fairness John gets kind of cranky, It was a strange day. Since then he's been focusing on desoldering old broken score display boards for solid state games for their parts and repopulating other boards to make them work. I'm not sure the success of doing so but at least he's not doing anything harmful to himself or others. Recently John's been making him do those connector bundles which he seems to have a knack for. I find it a little strange John let's him do stuff for the whitewood but desoldered all the work i did. not that it was much to begin with..
    He seems to be a genuinely nice guy though. Maybe he has some issues back home he's dealing with but he tries and he seems happy to be there..

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

With all respect. to my recollection i only got on Doug/iceman's case when he came into my DMs. I'm not proud of the way it ended but i remember specifically saying to doug there was no hard-feelings and i wished he got his pinball machine from John. I feel the same way now about it then as i do now, I hope the best for Ice-man but i'm a little tired of these forums and posts turning into a Jekyll and hyde situation, They're sincerely frustrating me to the point of constant anxiety because of the way i'm trying to explain the situation from my point of view.. Also I didn't troll you guys. i had no involvement in John's little wacky game, I don't agree with how he went about it. I think reputation-suicide is a fucking idiotic thing and the only thing he's benefited from this is if he gets banned at least he'll get to put the time he would've wasted to something else..
    I want iceman to get the play-field dude. I'm not trying to save face or nothing. I owned up to the mistakes i had in the past and i'm certainly not going to lie about them but seriously i've just been carrying on as i have been since i joined Pinside and people are acting strange, The way i see it we're all friends but i guarantee i'm probably one of the few people who feel that way still. And i dunno what to do about it. so i won't bullshit you. i'm not going to go out of my way to try.

Probably best to just move on and let it go Avi. It’s all good. Do your own thing. Why even be associated with this?

Like I said before, I wanted to give John a chance with what looked like a good Norris design.

It’s well documented how it all played out.

Let’s see if John can actually finish what he started and something can be salvaged for “charity” or not.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Let's get something very straight and move on forward from it all.
    Ice was 100% burned. He got burned at his own choosing. Ice wanted to give the guy(GWJ) the benefit of the doubt and make his own decisions without the input of many of us naysayers. His generosity was squandered. Bottom line is it happened they way many suggested it would and that is really a shame.
    We all witnessed exactly what happened over the ensuing months. None of that can be twisted or rewritten otherwise.
    All the suggested cover stories, claims of blindsides, innocence and/or a major troll or joke, are complete nonsense(cue the "reputation-suicide").The gaslighting attempts were comical. If you read between the lines carefully, Avi is telling you all so. He is only the closest to the situation more than any one of us, right?
    This one is now GWJ's thread, it was opened at his request. He can post anything he wants. Progress, lack of progress, Sobey's and suds. Just keep in mind, everything that comes out of this has been brought to us by somebody else's dime. I personally have some issues with that. That being said, if we keep dragging up all the past shenanigans from all the previously closed threads, this will become all the same.
    ...... or not.

Good summary Kojak.

You were falling all over yourself to set a Gofundme initially.

Then the mini mob couldn’t wait to fund the “Avi build” to spite me. I never cared. Where’s Ben now? Ha, he disappeared so fast he must have ended up in witness protection.

Seems like YOU can’t move on. Never could. You will be here until the bitter end with your own personal issues that nobody gives a F about.

John can’t help himself I guess. Said he was going dark to focus on “the build” and yet here we are again. Just a dwindling few looky Lou’s left

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This is coming from the same guy who claims that he has pulled the plug, couldn't care less, got railroaded and yet you cannot move on?
    Me and my personal issues are here because I just love a good cliffhanger mystery story where you just happen to be a major character.
    I wanna see how it all plays out.

How many hockey pucks have you taken to the head?

You are a pitiful character in this “cliffhanger”

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Over the years? 13 stiches to the chin from a slapshot that sent my mask flying, dislocated my jaw and knocked me out cold( any of you older hockey fans, it was Jerry 'King Kong' Korab's nephew, Joe Korab that did it). 8 stiches over the right eye. Right kneecap dislocated from a slapshot and knocked out cold with a goalie cup cracked in half from the hardest slapshot I ever faced right to the family jewels.
    Those are the ones I can recollect at this time.

That explains it then. . Or not

#95 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yeah here we go again.
    Alright John, time to cut the crap. You said in your troll post that this was all planned from the start by you and Ice to troll Pinside. Ice denies this and says he gave you money in good faith and had no idea you weren’t actually planning to build a machine.
    So, one of you is lying. Either you took Ice’s $5000 in full knowledge that you weren’t going to do anything except drink beer and troll Pinside (in which case you are absolutely a scammer), OR Ice is lying to avoid the consequences of the trolling scheme between you two.
    So which is it?

Please explain why I would send $$$ to John simply to troll Pinside? I’m not that crazy.

I don’t believe John ever said that and if he did he’s lying.

Wanted to give the guy a chance to do a home brew build off of a Norris design and do some good for charity in the end.

Just that simple. I wasn’t even around for most of the thread once it got started.

Believe what you want though. A multitude of people wanted to help John at the outset via Gofundme.

Even recently around the holidays when I came back into the thread and wondered who Avi was, people were falling all over themselves to try and help the “Avi build” of the original Norris design.

As for the continuation of “the build” John has gotten what he needs to get it from A to B if he can.

You guys want to follow it because your fascinated by it apparently, then knock yourselves out.

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Ice, if you look at his infamous "trolling" post, he specifically says no one was "scammed out of money". That statement comes right after he said everything was planned to be a troll since Pintastic.
    So, if he took $5000 of your dollars to fund his beer drinking with the plan to "troll" everyone since Pintastic yet didn't "scam anyone out of money" does that not imply that you knew about the troll and were funding it? I personally don't believe that to be the case, I believe that you did fund the project for whatever reasons you had but fully expected him to take the project seriously and give you a pin at the end.
    I just think John is talking out of both sides of his mouth (AGAIN) and I'm kinda tired of it.

100% expected him to deliver a pin.

I never held him to TPF 2023. That’s what he said he could accomplish. Not just one game but up to 10.

Jan 1 was always going to be sort of a status update and plan going forward.

I had just sent him the last $1k heading into the holidays, came back off a trip and was surprised by the whole Avi thing.

I believe that whole thing was in response to seeing if there was interest in doing the original Norris design and using some of the spite against me to drum up support and $$

All it did was stick a fork in it and here we are now

As far as whether I’m “in or out” I’m only “in” for what I have already contributed $$$ wise to now what he’s calling his “Trailer Park” build

Get something done at some point in the future and whatever it is, just a pile of parts, white wood, or a flipping game charity gets it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trailer-trash-pinball-build?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.