Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0383 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0382 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    SS Quote (resized).png
    GWJ SHIRT.JPG
    Screenshot_20230124-165755 (resized).png
    BR.gif
    FWhY0oWXEAETX34 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
    jim-lahey-lahey.gif
    IMG_0380 (resized).JPG
    zzUntitled 2 (resized).png
    4E9E79C3-F08F-4393-A25B-4B388A34A966_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
    3A6E6F90-1E74-47F7-BD8D-635E0A57931D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#7 1 year ago

Just got me a fresh bowl of popcorn

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Getting ready for my road trip to Moncton, NB for the state championship. My rankings:
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/series/nacs/2022/standingsView.php?l=NB
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/series/nacs/2022/standingsView.php?l=NS
    The intern has the switch wiring numbered to get ready for the whitewood. Hopefully he does a little coding Friday.
    Other funny developement this month was being asked to not contact them in the future: https://www.pinballadventures.com/punny-factory-2/
    [quoted image]

Damn, I gotta get in on those New Brunswick standings lol

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Ugh more of this crap? I guess he missed the attention? Sorry dude, that bridge is burned.

It always was about attention seeking, and i think most of us didn't mind obliging him on that until the "HAHA IT WAS ALL LE TROLL" angle was introduced. Now it's more like I guess I'll see how far he gets and how awful this layout can be but much more casually.

#68 1 year ago

The thing about it is, that theres things that GWJ was obviously doing to get a rise out of people/ troll. The unfortunate truth of it though was most of those "troll" things were based on the sad reality of the situation. Anything for the attention.

The whole build, taking a potentially fun and flowy layout and turning it into a bafflingly bad layout, and making horrible rookie mistakes along the way was 100% not a troll despite John's last ditch hail mary to try and spin it that way

#83 1 year ago

No need to lock this, ya'll need to calm down. Its just a guy documenting his build and life, nobody is out any money, not even Iceman this time.

#85 1 year ago

Guys I am not some scammer, & I will not try to explain why nothing seemed to get done for 6 months. That you guys still cannot figure it was a big joke on all the people that continue to trash on people. Got to say how everything was hand drilled on the whitewood with the huge forster bit, & all the hack whitewood. The whitewood oversized is still getting ready for play testing. The realistic time line is over a year, March 2024 for Texas.
    Still might end up being a one of a kind demo Trailer Park Boys pinball machine, Trailer Trash, or Texas Theme by the coach. I will continue to post updates towards the build. Using Jpop donated ground braid with the build. The intern is cleaning the operators South Park pin in for service before he leaves today. Then back to wiring this week on the whitewood.
    If you are not interested you are free to leave the shit show. The build continues forward with my own thread which hopefully stays not locked. There is no restriction or secrecy going on towards the build.
    [quoted image]

John, just make it Trailer Park Boys like you originally wanted to. You're not breaking any laws or copyright infringement making a game for yourself. If by some miracle you're shopping it around and somebody decides they want to produce it, you can worry about reskinning it at that point or maybe somebody more competent can attempt to secure the rights. In the mean time, screw it....you wanted TPB, make it TPB!

#88 1 year ago

I am still working on Trailer Park Boys if they show any interest in allowing a single demo prototype game for SXSW & TPF in March 2024. If not the original Trailer Trash will be done, & the coach could decide to go forward with his Texas theme which is still mostly a secret to me. Doug is not being asked for anymore funds since last year. If he is happy later this year than things might get more polished.
    The boys have their own potato chips out this year: https://www.reddit.com/r/trailerparkboys/comments/sg5muh/tpb_potato_chips/
    Contrary to what some people believe here. Most of the locals & myself like my modified version of Jon Norris 3 Spinners layout. When it is playable, anyone local will be allowed to play test it here. Maybe even The Trailer Park Boys!

Why are you concerned with what they think? They have zero say in the matter. Just do what you want.

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

This is the 4th thread and he already broke his promise twice in this one alone (not commenting on his drinking). It's time to put an end to this fiasco. Nothing good can come from it.

Lol and nobody is being harmed by it at all either. Just drain the thread and then you don't have to see it if it really twists your panties that much. Theres zero reason for locking this thread, it breaks no rules at all.

Still working on trying to reach the real owners of The Trailer Park Boys, & not some license company that likely has no idea what pinball is.

Lol this is just absurd. Stop. Why? Why are you even doing that? Lmao. Stop contacting anyone. Just build a one off TPB game. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Nobody is going to green light you to build this game, and even if they did, it 100% does not matter. Nobody can stop you from making a one off game on a theme you like.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Ice I mostly agree what you are saying......BUT......because you were not around, here is where I think you are a little skewed. I think the response to Avi doing the original Norris design was to raise money and to spite John, NOT you per se. This of course came about because of the lack of progress on the whitewood by John and that Avi was already working on it at John's direction all while he was doing everything else BUT working on it.
    Whether you want to see it or not, many of us were not happy with the amount of money that was spent with so little to show for. Didn't matter who the donor was, it just wasn't right. That is EXACTLY why many of us jumped aboard when Avi said, shit, I will build it myself.

Avi never had a snowball's chance in hell to build a game on his own. Even less than John, no matter how much help we offered. Nothing against him, thems just the facts. He's just too green. It also doesn't matter if we were happy or not with what was being done with the money, it wasn't our money. It was Ice's money and he was perfectly content with spending it how he did. This isn't like DR where it was just a continuation of an ongoing scam (that was bigger than we even realized), I can understand being upset about that. Its one thing if you want to giggle about how he spent his money in this case, but no point in being upset about it. This all played out exactly how we expected.

Regarding the GFM, thats why I would have only donated like 20 bucks. I had little to no expectations that GWJ could or would pull this off. We've seen this same song and dance from him in the past and via his stories can see this has been his MO most, if not all of his life. However, I knew it would be entertaining regardless, and I didn't mind giving the guy a small chance to prove me wrong along the way. I feel no shame about the GFM or what I would have been willing to put into it (I could always donate more if things started going in a way I liked), I still think it was a good idea with good intentions. In the end though, I think Ice and others are right when there might have been just too much blood in the water with so many people fronting the bill and having less than realistic expectations.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

i agree with Haymaker's post #68. Except john isn't a rookie and he made some changes that many felt weren't necessarily needed for that norris designed flow monster! Still can't wait to see someone build it.. i'm sure Trey is progressing along!

By rookie mistakes I meant more like not ordering more parts in one batch. Ordering from the wrong vendors, or skipping over certain vendors for no reason. Ordering weird NOS drop banks. Using a piece of paneling to start with. Not having the operating system nailed down, ect.
    The design changes are a whole separate topic in my mind, with just....baffling changes. Some things that I still don't understand how they are supposed to work, or that just took a good design and made it...questionable. I wouldn't call those rookie mistakes...I don't even know what to call it lol. Maybe just mistakes! But I will say, as baffled as I am, it makes me want to see the GWJ design in action even more, and yes, I totally agree with you that I can't wait to see what Treybo comes up with on the original design!

#134 1 year ago

As for the game it will be Trailer Park Boys unless there is no approval or it is time for a playfield with art. Could be Trailer Trash if the coach is not happy, or his Texas theme.

So the game won't be trailer park boys?

I have an idea... stop worrying about approval and then just make it Trailer Park Boys! Approval is not necessary. I do not believe that Doug is the coach any longer (Ice please correct me if I am wrong), so needing his approval should no longer be necessary either.

#171 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I think there is a lot of people looking for some accountability from John. I don't necessarily believe that is being nasty. Yes, there have been some insults thrown. Depression? I am no doctor, but I have dealt with some severely depressed people, both family and friends, and IMHO I do not see depression here. What I see is an absolute definition of gaslighting here, with the it's all of you, not me.
    DO I think John is enjoying this right now? Not really, because people are holding his feet to the fire he created. I don't think he was expecting that. Remember, it was John that requested he be able to start this new thread. I think the leeway will be given until John requests this to be closed or things get out of hand.
    There are some of us, regardless of how this ends up, want to see it through to whichever end it comes to. Again, anyone who doesn't want to be part of this has the freedom to drain the thread or just ignore it.

I think he'll take whatever attention he can get and hold on to his little piece of being an industry insider who mingles with all the names you've heard of, otherwise I agree fully.

I just want to see the game, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised by how it shoots. I don't think the latter is going to happen though, so I guess I just want to see what the heck is going on when you play the game. I know theres many tournament players who can create great games, but that doesn't mean they all can. John says his 50 years of playing and his tournament knowledge lets him know what is good. Well I don't have 50 years, but I do have around 30, and I am ranked much higher in IFPA than him and I'll be the first to tell you I couldn't design a game worth a shit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trailer-trash-pinball-build?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.