Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 177 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TreyBo69
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0383 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0382 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    SS Quote (resized).png
    GWJ SHIRT.JPG
    Screenshot_20230124-165755 (resized).png
    BR.gif
    FWhY0oWXEAETX34 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0381 (resized).JPG
    jim-lahey-lahey.gif
    IMG_0380 (resized).JPG
    zzUntitled 2 (resized).png
    4E9E79C3-F08F-4393-A25B-4B388A34A966_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
    3A6E6F90-1E74-47F7-BD8D-635E0A57931D (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 1 year ago

Things are still moving forward on a one only pinball build of Jon Norris 3 spinner layout modified by myself. The electronics are here & the intern has been here for 2 weeks of 10. Gave him instructions on electronics repair & moving on to the whitewood. Today he is working on the 6 bundles of 10 switch wiring harness for the 3 switch boards. He will be doing the basic coding until his term ends March 10. I will not be going to Texas 2023, & the finished game will be in Texas for TPF & SXSW 2024. I will be going to NewBrunswick Thursday afternoon & returning home late Sunday. So there will be no posting by me while I am away. I chose to play in the neighbor province for this years State Championship. Avi is here most days working on his em projects. I will be spending the next 8 weeks with the intern on the whitewood & testing.
    I continue to eat & drink as normal. I will refrain from those subjects & just try to stay inline with the sole build. Avi is free to post my drinking excursions if he wants to.

IMG_0377 (resized).JPGIMG_0377 (resized).JPG
    #2 1 year ago

Oh no.

#3 1 year ago
    1lss3k (resized).jpg1lss3k (resized).jpg
    #4 1 year ago

It’s groundhogs day?

#5 1 year ago

Okay I am here now. Carry on.

#7 1 year ago

Just got me a fresh bowl of popcorn

#8 1 year ago

John I am really happy to see a new thread and doubly happy to hear about your new timeline. You're a very unique individual and I've enjoyed being along for the ride. Hopefully this thread will stay on the rails a little bit better. Your call on beer counts and Soebys hauls but I do hope you continue to pepper in your slice of life observations.

#10 1 year ago

I think I've seen enough beer counts and meat products.

I'm in for actual playfield progress pics and/or testing videos but that's about it. Good to see the TPF timeline 2023 has finally been abandoned. 1 year, 3 months is better.. but it would be prudent to remember how fast the first 6 months went.

#11 1 year ago

Here we go again...

#12 1 year ago

Playfield status as of today. Target bank removed for wiring, SAVED targets still intact.

IMG_0378 (resized).JPGIMG_0378 (resized).JPG
    #13 1 year ago

Subscribed

#14 1 year ago

The staff to my awareness gave John the firm touch and told him to behave so now he doesn't want to post about his meat and alcoholic endeavours and for what it's worth i probably won't do so either.. In my adventures thus far i'm working on a few EM pinball machines. I sold off the arcade cabinet that took me wayy too long to finish and bought a Gottlieb Domino. then sold that off for $1500 (made about 700 bucks in profit if you don't count the time wasted fixing it). Then bought two other pinball machines. A 'On Beam' and a 'Hot Shot 73'.... On beam seems to be working stable-ish but has some slight issues. If anyone feel's bothered enough to help with some issues i made a different thread. Same for "Hot Shot 73" but i won't be able to work on that till John's back.

I'm going back and forth about if i'm going to sell the on-beam. It's the only pinball machine i have at home and i really like the way it looks. but it's also an EM. which is fine but i really hate fixing Ems (mostly because i don't understand them).

PS: I was so excited to come home. kick off my shoes and sit in my reclining chair to read the destruction of John's thread. i'm pleasantly surprised it wasn't as bad as i was anticipating.

#15 1 year ago

Getting ready for my road trip to Moncton, NB for the state championship. My rankings:
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/series/nacs/2022/standingsView.php?l=NB
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/series/nacs/2022/standingsView.php?l=NS

The intern has the switch wiring numbered to get ready for the whitewood. Hopefully he does a little coding Friday.

Other funny developement this month was being asked to not contact them in the future: https://www.pinballadventures.com/punny-factory-2/

IMG_0379 (resized).JPGIMG_0379 (resized).JPG

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Getting ready for my road trip to Moncton, NB for the state championship. My rankings:
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/series/nacs/2022/standingsView.php?l=NB
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/series/nacs/2022/standingsView.php?l=NS
    The intern has the switch wiring numbered to get ready for the whitewood. Hopefully he does a little coding Friday.
    Other funny developement this month was being asked to not contact them in the future: https://www.pinballadventures.com/punny-factory-2/
    [quoted image]

Damn, I gotta get in on those New Brunswick standings lol

#17 1 year ago
    3A6E6F90-1E74-47F7-BD8D-635E0A57931D (resized).jpeg3A6E6F90-1E74-47F7-BD8D-635E0A57931D (resized).jpeg
    #18 1 year ago

Seems like interest has waned in this sideshow. It was bound to happen.

#19 1 year ago

Get the intern a chair and better lighting please.

#20 1 year ago

Will check back every once in a while, but not looking to make it a daily again. Nothing new here except some wires bundled and numbered by the intern, who looks like it might be Mr BMW... Hope to see something in the way of progress after John wins first in the tournament!

#21 1 year ago

After the way John acted after the last thread blew up, I’m all set. He showed himself to be a liar with the whole troll job story. Even worse an alcoholic liar. He’ll be the laughing stock of pinside for years to come

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Will check back every once in a while, but not looking to make it a daily again. Nothing new here except some wires bundled and numbered by the intern, who looks like it might be Mr BMW... Hope to see something in the way of progress after John wins first in the tournament!

John's not really here to respond about the intern so i'll tell you a bit about him but not his personal details. It's not Mr BWM though you'd be forgiven for thinking they have the same clothing-sense.

The intern is a nice guy. He's kind of timid in some ways. I believe it was the... second? day he was in the workshop as a intern he wanted to quit due to having a phobia of power tools. So needless to say he hasn't handled any power tools since. In fairness John gets kind of cranky, It was a strange day. Since then he's been focusing on desoldering old broken score display boards for solid state games for their parts and repopulating other boards to make them work. I'm not sure the success of doing so but at least he's not doing anything harmful to himself or others. Recently John's been making him do those connector bundles which he seems to have a knack for. I find it a little strange John let's him do stuff for the whitewood but desoldered all the work i did. not that it was much to begin with..

He seems to be a genuinely nice guy though. Maybe he has some issues back home he's dealing with but he tries and he seems happy to be there..

#23 1 year ago

Good afternoon class?

I see much of the gang is all here already.

I am certainly hoping the relaxed timelines are more realistic as we can all see the progress made since the last time we all met? Cooler heads just might prevail?

Who am I kidding, this is Pinside! The sideshow must commence!

#24 1 year ago

What were you contacting them for originally?

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like interest has waned in this sideshow. It was bound to happen.

I don't think everyone realized this is here yet. I just found it minutes ago.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I don't think everyone realized this is here yet. I just found it minutes ago.

I mean without all the manufactured drama this is essentially a homebrew thread, which tend to only get a small subset of followers. If John moved quickly in the build, interest would stay up but typically homebrew threads are slower paced.. and johns pace so far has been, erhm.. not quick. So I dont expect any dumpster fires here if we can keep on track.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

John's not really here to respond about the intern so i'll tell you a bit about him but not his personal details. It's not Mr BWM though you'd be forgiven for thinking they have the same clothing-sense.
    The intern is a nice guy. He's kind of timid in some ways. I believe it was the... second? day he was in the workshop as a intern he wanted to quit due to having a phobia of power tools. So needless to say he hasn't handled any power tools since. In fairness John gets kind of cranky, It was a strange day. Since then he's been focusing on desoldering old broken score display boards for solid state games for their parts and repopulating other boards to make them work. I'm not sure the success of doing so but at least he's not doing anything harmful to himself or others. Recently John's been making him do those connector bundles which he seems to have a knack for. I find it a little strange John let's him do stuff for the whitewood but desoldered all the work i did. not that it was much to begin with..
    He seems to be a genuinely nice guy though. Maybe he has some issues back home he's dealing with but he tries and he seems happy to be there..

#28 1 year ago

Something bothering ya?

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

So are you now the "Daily Diary PR" guy for this resurrected home brew build thread? Why not just stay out of it but continue to ask us a lot of questions in all of your threads on how you should fix your EM's that you keep buying but have stated you can't stand in the first place. Maybe that's why Ice gave you the sleeping emoji.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

The staff to my awareness gave John the firm touch and told him to behave so now he doesn't want to post about his meat and alcoholic endeavours and for what it's worth i probably won't do so either.. In my adventures thus far i'm working on a few EM pinball machines. I sold off the arcade cabinet that took me wayy too long to finish and bought a Gottlieb Domino. then sold that off for $1500 (made about 700 bucks in profit if you don't count the time wasted fixing it). Then bought two other pinball machines. A 'On Beam' and a 'Hot Shot 73'.... On beam seems to be working stable-ish but has some slight issues. If anyone feel's bothered enough to help with some issues i made a different thread. Same for "Hot Shot 73" but i won't be able to work on that till John's back.
    I'm going back and forth about if i'm going to sell the on-beam. It's the only pinball machine i have at home and i really like the way it looks. but it's also an EM. which is fine but i really hate fixing Ems (mostly because i don't understand them).
    PS: I was so excited to come home. kick off my shoes and sit in my reclining chair to read the destruction of John's thread. i'm pleasantly surprised it wasn't as bad as i was anticipating.

Also Aviroo, kinda being a hypocrite aren't you...??? You posted in your Domino thread ( post #14 ) to keep Johns drama out of your thread but here you are in his thread with your post #14 above, telling us all of your drama about your EM's and selling them blah blah blah

#31 1 year ago

Always remember....

4E9E79C3-F08F-4393-A25B-4B388A34A966_1_201_a (resized).jpeg4E9E79C3-F08F-4393-A25B-4B388A34A966_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
    #32 1 year ago

Don't overlook this either. Who really posts which posts?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Also Aviroo, kinda being a hypocrite aren't you...??? You posted in your Domino thread ( post #14 ) to keep Johns drama out of your thread but here you are in his thread with your post #14 above, telling us all of your drama about your EM's and selling them blah blah blah

I've been contemplating a proper response for awhile now because regardless of the way you guys seem to be conspiring i do consider us to be friendly in nature. So forgive me if my response is not entirely satisfactory but understand i am trying.

I posted the domino thread on my EM specifically to work on the domino pinball machine i had bought and sold. there was no hidden agenda behind that. I did not want the toxicity of John's threads (at the time) continuing on in my EM repair posts. I was not mad at Poppapin he had all the right in the world to ask about John. I just didn't want it to continue in my thread. My DM's are always open. Secondly, Before i joined pinside weren't you all calling me John's wife among other things? It was only AFTER i joined alot of you folks calmed down. I started posting little adventure dailies in John's post and nobody seemed to mind but it was suggested that a separate thread all together was made for me. I forget what my response was but i recall it not being made. If the fact i continue to post little updates on John's thread as i've been doing since i joined pinside bothers you. i won't continue to do so. I genuinely thought we were all friends here.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Don't overlook this either. Who really posts which posts?
    [quoted image]

John has a stupid little laptop at the workshop that has all his pinside and facebook and bleh blah login stuff saved too. Issue is for me to use it i have to use the 'Icognito' browser for chrome because John doesn't remember his passwords and gets scared that he'll get logged out. When i was posting that i didn't realize that i didn't open up the incognito as my mind was going in a few different places at the time. And i accidentally posted on john's account. I admitted it in the post and took guilt. I'm sorry for the inconvenience i have caused. i'll stop posting on here now.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I admitted it in the post and took guilt. I'm sorry for the inconvenience i have caused. i'll stop posting on here now.

I would hate to see you leave permanently, Avi. A couple of voices is not the majority here....

Just take a break if needed and come back later if you like.

#35 1 year ago

I’ll take Avi’s detailed and descriptive factual posts over John’s daily chum any day of the week.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I genuinely thought we were all friends here.

Revisit your earlier thread responses....I can think of few people that got as much love and positive responses than you. I commented on what a great guy you are several times.

With all due respect, it wasn't until John pulled back the curtain and mocked us for being trolled by you guys that things took a turn. Insulting Doug, who financed the project (not to mention John's beer intake), did you no favors either.

#37 1 year ago

Unless I missed some post trolling installment I don’t believe that was ever the case. It was some weak ass Hail Mary save face and oh look weeks later we get an update but nothings changed.

It’s the same old lethargic build with the only progress being by someone’s else’s hard.

The only one trolled was Big Tex and he’s ok with it now that Little John crawled back under a rock.

So just to be clear because I suck at internet:
    No to John’s troll job.
    Yes to slacking bum who wastes time and money.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Revisit your earlier thread responses....I can think of few people that got as much love and positive responses than you. I commented on what a great guy you are several times.
    With all due respect, it wasn't until John pulled back the curtain and mocked us for being trolled by you guys that things took a turn. Insulting Doug, who financed the project (not to mention John's beer intake), did you no favors either.

With all respect. to my recollection i only got on Doug/iceman's case when he came into my DMs. I'm not proud of the way it ended but i remember specifically saying to doug there was no hard-feelings and i wished he got his pinball machine from John. I feel the same way now about it then as i do now, I hope the best for Ice-man but i'm a little tired of these forums and posts turning into a Jekyll and hyde situation, They're sincerely frustrating me to the point of constant anxiety because of the way i'm trying to explain the situation from my point of view.. Also I didn't troll you guys. i had no involvement in John's little wacky game, I don't agree with how he went about it. I think reputation-suicide is a fucking idiotic thing and the only thing he's benefited from this is if he gets banned at least he'll get to put the time he would've wasted to something else..

I want iceman to get the play-field dude. I'm not trying to save face or nothing. I owned up to the mistakes i had in the past and i'm certainly not going to lie about them but seriously i've just been carrying on as i have been since i joined Pinside and people are acting strange, The way i see it we're all friends but i guarantee i'm probably one of the few people who feel that way still. And i dunno what to do about it. so i won't bullshit you. i'm not going to go out of my way to try.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

With all respect. to my recollection i only got on Doug/iceman's case when he came into my DMs. I'm not proud of the way it ended but i remember specifically saying to doug there was no hard-feelings and i wished he got his pinball machine from John. I feel the same way now about it then as i do now, I hope the best for Ice-man but i'm a little tired of these forums and posts turning into a Jekyll and hyde situation, They're sincerely frustrating me to the point of constant anxiety because of the way i'm trying to explain the situation from my point of view.. Also I didn't troll you guys. i had no involvement in John's little wacky game, I don't agree with how he went about it. I think reputation-suicide is a fucking idiotic thing and the only thing he's benefited from this is if he gets banned at least he'll get to put the time he would've wasted to something else..
    I want iceman to get the play-field dude. I'm not trying to save face or nothing. I owned up to the mistakes i had in the past and i'm certainly not going to lie about them but seriously i've just been carrying on as i have been since i joined Pinside and people are acting strange, The way i see it we're all friends but i guarantee i'm probably one of the few people who feel that way still. And i dunno what to do about it. so i won't bullshit you. i'm not going to go out of my way to try.

Probably best to just move on and let it go Avi. It’s all good. Do your own thing. Why even be associated with this?

Like I said before, I wanted to give John a chance with what looked like a good Norris design.

It’s well documented how it all played out.

Let’s see if John can actually finish what he started and something can be salvaged for “charity” or not.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Probably best to just move on and let it go Avi. It’s all good. Do your own thing. Why even be associated with this?
    Like I said before, I wanted to give John a chance with what looked like a good Norris design.
    It’s well documented how it all played out.
    Let’s see if John can actually finish what he started and something can be salvaged for “charity” or not.

Yeah you're right bud. I dunno, I wanted to continue to chill out with everyone and it got the best of me. Here hopes somethign can be salvaged from the monstrosity pin.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

I think reputation-suicide is a fucking idiotic thing and the only thing he's benefited from this is if he gets banned at least he'll get to put the time he would've wasted to something else..

Best thing ever said in regards to this absurd chapter in John’s pinball career.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Yeah you're right bud. I dunno, I wanted to continue to chill out with everyone and it got the best of me. Here hopes somethign can be salvaged from the monstrosity pin.

Don't be too hard on yourself. If you want to read about other "monstrosity pin" stories, may I direct your attention to the following threads.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread

I'm sure there are others I'm fogetting not to mention a couple that are still "active".

#43 1 year ago

Ugh more of this crap? I guess he missed the attention? Sorry dude, that bridge is burned.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Ugh more of this crap? I guess he missed the attention? Sorry dude, that bridge is burned.

It always was about attention seeking, and i think most of us didn't mind obliging him on that until the "HAHA IT WAS ALL LE TROLL" angle was introduced. Now it's more like I guess I'll see how far he gets and how awful this layout can be but much more casually.

#45 1 year ago

Let's get something very straight and move on forward from it all.

Ice was 100% burned. He got burned at his own choosing. Ice wanted to give the guy(GWJ) the benefit of the doubt and make his own decisions without the input of many of us naysayers. His generosity was squandered. Bottom line is it happened they way many suggested it would and that is really a shame.

We all witnessed exactly what happened over the ensuing months. None of that can be twisted or rewritten otherwise.

All the suggested cover stories, claims of blindsides, innocence and/or a major troll or joke, are complete nonsense(cue the "reputation-suicide").The gaslighting attempts were comical. If you read between the lines carefully, Avi is telling you all so. He is only the closest to the situation more than any one of us, right?

This one is now GWJ's thread, it was opened at his request. He can post anything he wants. Progress, lack of progress, Sobey's and suds. Just keep in mind, everything that comes out of this has been brought to us by somebody else's dime. I personally have some issues with that. That being said, if we keep dragging up all the past shenanigans from all the previously closed threads, this will become all the same.

...... or not.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Let's get something very straight and move on forward from it all.
    Ice was 100% burned. He got burned at his own choosing. Ice wanted to give the guy(GWJ) the benefit of the doubt and make his own decisions without the input of many of us naysayers. His generosity was squandered. Bottom line is it happened they way many suggested it would and that is really a shame.
    We all witnessed exactly what happened over the ensuing months. None of that can be twisted or rewritten otherwise.
    All the suggested cover stories, claims of blindsides, innocence and/or a major troll or joke, are complete nonsense(cue the "reputation-suicide").The gaslighting attempts were comical. If you read between the lines carefully, Avi is telling you all so. He is only the closest to the situation more than any one of us, right?
    This one is now GWJ's thread, it was opened at his request. He can post anything he wants. Progress, lack of progress, Sobey's and suds. Just keep in mind, everything that comes out of this has been brought to us by somebody else's dime. I personally have some issues with that. That being said, if we keep dragging up all the past shenanigans from all the previously closed threads, this will become all the same.
    ...... or not.

Good summary Kojak.

You were falling all over yourself to set a Gofundme initially.

Then the mini mob couldn’t wait to fund the “Avi build” to spite me. I never cared. Where’s Ben now? Ha, he disappeared so fast he must have ended up in witness protection.

Seems like YOU can’t move on. Never could. You will be here until the bitter end with your own personal issues that nobody gives a F about.

John can’t help himself I guess. Said he was going dark to focus on “the build” and yet here we are again. Just a dwindling few looky Lou’s left

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Just a dwindling few looky Lou’s left

Some of us are looking for the next best thing. There has not been such an enthralling thread since JGW Freight ran out of track. Hell even the mosh pit of Bond 60 eventually turned into a circle Jerk…

#48 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I would have loved to have heard that conversation.

Although MacBain getting mixed up in this debacle would have entertainment value.

#49 1 year ago

Why is this categorized as boutique pinball vs homebrew?

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Why is this categorized as boutique pinball vs homebrew?

Because John thinks he is some sort of commercial manufacturer.

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trailer-trash-pinball-build and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.