Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Randyg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I got a call today from a seller who has a trailer load full of Bingo machines. He said many were Williams. He has no interest in them and needs the trailer space. Unless they get spoken for soon, the dump is their fate. I dont have any interest either but would like to see them saved or salvaged for parts at least. If anyone is interested, these are near KC Kansas. It needs to be a take all approach though, he doesn't want to deal with multiple buyers.

#2 4 years ago

Bump this tomorrow afternoon, right now it’s a little too late for most!

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Bump this tomorrow afternoon, right now it’s a little too late for most!

Word.
    Hopefully someone steps up to the plate and is up to the task.

#4 4 years ago

Wait, he wants to be paid for them? Getting someone to just TAKE them will be hard enough. BINGOs are HEAVY and pointless.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, he wants to be paid for them? Getting someone to just TAKE them will be hard enough. BINGOs are HEAVY and pointless.

Yeah, I would think if he's planning on takin them to the dump anyway he would be happy if someone else hauled them away for free and saved him the trouble.

#6 4 years ago

I think he used the word buyers incorrectly. It sounds like he’s given them away for free (to avoid dump fees) but you have to take all of them, not pick one or a few.
    bingopodcast
    RyanClaytor

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from neopolss:

he doesn't want to deal with multiple buyers.

Sounds like he wants to sell them!!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

BINGOs are HEAVY and pointless.

Maybe BINGOs are, but bingos are extremely complex and challenging pinball games. Come learn how to play one and then see if you make the same statement. By far the most complex EM games ever made, and almost every one a completely different ruleset... As with most games, the point is to win.

They are heavy, though.

Kansas is a bit far for me.

Hopefully someone grabs 'em. Be interested to know titles.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from neopolss:

I got a call today from a seller who has a trailer load full of Bingo machines. He said many were Williams. He has no interest in them and needs the trailer space. Unless they get spoken for soon, the dump is their fate. I dont have any interest either but would like to see them saved or salvaged for parts at least. If anyone is interested, these are near KC Kansas. It needs to be a take all approach though, he doesn't want to deal with multiple buyers.

The only Williams bingo pinball machine I know of is Long Beach, which is a three card game.
    https://bingo.cdyn.com/machines/williams/long_beach/resources/bg-long_beach-1.jpg

There must be Bally and United bingo pinball machines in that trailer. Sounds like they are free?
    I really hope someone saves them. It would be a shame if they end up in the Dump.

Go here to view some Bingo Pinball Machines and other info....
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-us-your-bingo-pinball-machines

Best bingo website around below.
    https://bingo.cdyn.com/

#10 4 years ago

Williams bingos? The only one made was Long Beach, so that doesn't sound right. I wonder if they are really bingos. Anyway, if that was around Denver I'd be all over it (as if I need more...).

#11 4 years ago

There's a Williams Yukon also...https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=yukon&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#6197

#12 4 years ago

Sounds like there may be some pinball machines hiding in that stash..............

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Sounds like there may be some pinball machines hiding in that stash..............

Kinda sounds that way

#14 4 years ago

eeeep hope someone rescues them

#15 4 years ago

neopolss shared the seller's contact info with me and I spoke with the seller this morning.

There are definitely no traditional pinballs in the batch. They were in a trailer he bought 5 years ago that included a bunch of other KC, KS bar stuff also.

There are 8-12 Bally bingos. He named a few. Cypress Gardens, Miss America, something Beauty, etc.

He needs the space now and is looking to see them go to a good home as opposed to seeing them salvaged for the copper. I asked if he is giving them away and he said he would like to see some small fee for them but is very motivated. He did say even if someone were to take playfields and make coffee tables. So he isn't concerned about them running again, just doesn't want to see them sent to the dump. I wouldn't be surprised if $100 got them all - just my opinion.

He is located 15 miles south of St. Joseph, MO, west of I-29, closer to Rushville, MO.

Send me a PM if interested and I will share his name and phone number with you.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Maybe BINGOs are, but bingos are extremely complex and challenging pinball games. Come learn how to play one and then see if you make the same statement. By far the most complex EM games ever made, and almost every one a completely different ruleset... As with most games, the point is to win.

Have played them. Too slow. Boring. Without the payout they were designed for, no point. Like having a slot machine or pachinko in your house. Why?

It's why bingos have essentially a value at or near zero in the real world.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Too slow. Boring.

For those of us that prefer a thinking person's game, they are quite fun, not to mention extremely challenging. I've never played a bingo for payout. Likely never will.

Did you understand the ruleset or just the basic 3-4-5 in a row? Every game has a unique ruleset, the depth of which typically makes most modern games pale in comparison.

The value of a bingo depends on the title and condition, as with any other game. A non-working bingo is typically a great value because many people are afraid of working on them.

Just my experience working on lots of games and building my own reverse-engineering of every production bingo pinball...

There is no one size fits all in pinball, and there are those of us that prefer these beautiful, difficult games. I'm sorry it didn't connect with you. If you ever have the opportunity, I'd love to teach you how to play one of the more complex games and see if you feel the same.

None of the bingos paid out directly, but that's beside the point, I suppose.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Have played them. Too slow. Boring. Without the payout they were designed for, no point. Like having a slot machine or pachinko in your house. Why?
    It's why bingos have essentially a value at or near zero in the real world.

I know alot of people with slot machines in their basement. They are fun to play.

#19 4 years ago

Check this out... Someone thinks they still have value....
    northmiss.craigslist.org link

#20 4 years ago

For those of us that prefer a thinking person's game, they are quite fun, not to mention extremely challenging. .

I have never played a bingo and this will be my first trip to York. I am looking forward to meeting Nick and getting a tutorial on how to play.

#21 4 years ago

For those of us that prefer a thinking person's game, they are quite fun, not to mention extremely challenging. I've never played a bingo for payout. Likely never will.
    Did you understand the ruleset or just the basic 3-4-5 in a row? Every game has a unique ruleset, the depth of which typically makes most modern games pale in comparison.

I couldn't even tell you which ones I've tried, just that they played like achingly slow pachinko machines (which like I said, I find pointless, too).

So is the pleasure in the nudging to get the ball to bounce your way?

#22 4 years ago

Will what the heck. Give me the contact info maybe ill wing it.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

So is the pleasure in the nudging to get the ball to bounce your way?

With a bingo, the pleasure is in building up a game with the features you feel will serve you best to get the numbers you need, then executing. The machine can both help and hinder you based on the mode in which it sits at the time (most game have multiple modes of play, like a modern game).

Yes, skillful plunging and careful nudging is required in order to win. The skill of being able to 'walk' a ball from post to post will allow you to pocket in most holes relatively easily.

Understanding the sway of the tilt bob is essential, as a wrong move will cost you the entire game.

As the ball travels down, you want to pocket specific holes, or failing that, bring it all the way back down to the ball return to replay.

Here's an example: drop in one coin to start the game. This sets the scores (award for winning, odds) to the default level.

Press a blue button on the cabinet and drop another nickel - the scores jump two steps in all colors.

A third nickel - the machine awards the Magic Screen feature.

A fourth and you get a two step jump in the red scores.

At this point, you decide to play. Pocket the 8 on your first ball. While you can play straight bingo and try to get five in a row, the 8 is in yellow. Yellow scores are two steps below red! So to help you win with the highest score, you use the magic screen feature to place that 8 in a red tetris-piece like section. Further helping you, you don't have to have three, four or five numbers all in a line in the screen section.

You play another few balls, attempting (but failing) to get more than two in that red section. As you shoot your fourth ball, the game locks you out of moving the screen anymore. You're committed!

Your next ball makes a third in the red section. At this point, you can collect your score, but you decide to put the game into extra ball mode and try for a bit more. You get your first extra ball (of three total), and pocket yet another in the red section. The red section contains five spots, and you're confident you can make the last number. You buy the next extra ball and shoot. You miss! But you're able to bring the ball back to the return.

Whew. Now, you can try again. Missed again! Bummer. You steer it down to the ball return again.

Wiping the sweat off your hands, you try to calm yourself. It's just one number: how hard can it be?

You steer it right into the pocket you need and cheerfully collect all the replays you earned through skillful play and competition with the game.

There's a lot more drama and fun to the games than just watching the ball. You have to be connected to the game to win.

This example is really simplified. But hopefully it illustrates the dynamic nature of the games.

Some good titles in the few named. Mike, good luck.

#24 4 years ago

When I was a kid, at 5 cents per credit, some places would "pay off" on credits on a bingo pinball machine, so kids were not allowed to play. But I played anyway, when I got the chance, just cause it was not allowed. After all, I had nickels...

#25 4 years ago

Bingo machines are definitely cool in their own way. The engineering that went into them, and the complexity of their design is truly astounding.
    I love seeing them lined up at the York show, which is coming up next week. Nick Baldridge is a virtual encylopedia of bingo knowledge, and it's so heartening to see a young dude so into the technology of the past. Thanks to guys like him, these wonderful electro-mechanical marvels will live on.
    I sure hope someone can rescue that load of games before they meet their demise in a local dump.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from BingoButch:

Will what the heck. Give me the contact info maybe ill wing it.

You're just the guy to do it. Please rescue these.

#27 4 years ago

Ive been looking for a working Nice San Francisco for years. There is just no inventory of Bingo's on west coast. I really think during the 50's not many made it out here.

#28 4 years ago

I played the hell out of the Bingo's in the late 60's thru the 70's up until they outlawed them in Ohio. My parents had 3 of them in their bar and yes they paid off with the top payout of $20.00. You could win more but the largest one time payout was for 5 in a row, any color. All three of them were 6 card dime machines so you could risk 60 cents at a time or less if you were daring or just plain good enough. They also briefly had one that took nickels and you could build your odds (payout) by putting additional nickels in to raise them. The nickel ones you could also change the card you played on for additional payout but it also became more difficult to get three in the blue or yellow etc.. My oldest brother put 12 nickels in one and he hit for $60.00 bucks which back then was a fabulous payout. I think that is part of why my parents got them swapped out cause there were people putting up more for better payouts. I'm not positive but I think the most you could wager was a dollar (20) nickels.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ive been looking for a working Nice San Francisco for years. There is just no inventory of Bingo's on west coast. I really think during the 50's not many made it out here.

what's a Nice San Francisco?

bingos were made illegal in california in the 50's and operators had to remove them from locations. Most of the ops sold them to places where they were legal/tolerated, so the supply is smaller. Games made after 1963 are much more scarce.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from baldtwit:

what's a Nice San Francisco?
    bingos were made illegal in california in the 50's and operators had to remove them from locations. Most of the ops sold them to places where they were legal/tolerated, so the supply is smaller. Games made after 1963 are much more scarce.

Plenty of Bingo's in San Francisco in the 60's, early 70's in pickle head bars. Not sure if they were legal but at least tolerated.

1 month later
    #31 4 years ago

Does anyone know if these machines were ever rescued?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trailer-full-of-em-bingo-machines-need-saving?hl=baldtwit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.