Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DaWezl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D00489B6-DA9B-4881-9BCB-896CB8675E4E (resized).jpeg
    MFDC0181 (resized).JPG
    MFDC0111 (resized).JPG
    MFDC0043 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaWezl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

We live in the boonies and have all sorts of wildlife go through our yard-foxes, deer, turkeys, bears, fisher cats, etc.—maybe even mountain lions. I’m thinking that I’d like to set up a trail camera on our back yard so that we could see everything that comes by. Any advice or camera recommendations?

#4 4 years ago

Oh cool, those are pretty affordable! Are they annoying to keep running? Or are they fairly simple?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pretty easy. There's just some initial setup options on the camera, and then just remembering to change the batteries every so often. Photos are saved to an SD card, so just pop that out of the camera and into a card reader to copy the photos.

Is every so often like every few days? Or like every week or so? Or like every few months? It sounds really do-able, so none of the answers are bad. I’m just curious!

(Although I freaked myself out last night imagining how scary it would be if it captured a creepy guy in our yard when I was home alone, lollll)

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from RVApinballer:

Aren't you concerned about the wildlifes privacy rights?

Hah, they are on MY property!

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeVarney:

I've had mine for a year, and have yet to replace my AA batteries.
    I used to get the photos every few days, when there was snow on the ground and we had many more deer in the yard. These days, I empty the card about every 2-3 months. But the 32G card I have in there is nowhere close to full, and in 3 months I get about 1,000 photos. Most of which are the neighbor going back and forth to work, or us mowing the lawn.

That’s so much longer than I would have thought!

2 months later
    #16 4 years ago

Ok, I got him one of the Moultries as a starter, and his birthday is Monday. Any special tips for set up? He’s been working on a huge expansion to our koi pond, so I think we can get a really interesting view.

3 weeks later
    #17 4 years ago

Got one shot of a bear already but the sprinkler we have to protect the fish scared him off! D00489B6-DA9B-4881-9BCB-896CB8675E4E (resized).jpegD00489B6-DA9B-4881-9BCB-896CB8675E4E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaWezl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trail-cameras?tu=DaWezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.