You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
214.jpg
image.jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

So, trading my beautiful Scared Stiff - have been offered mint TZ or a NGG AND a Harley Davidson, 2nd edition.

Quality vs. quantity......thoughts?

Thank you pinheads.

#2 11 years ago

My opinion is keep SS from those choices.

#3 11 years ago

Even with the two for one? A NGG AND Harley?

#4 11 years ago

Sell SS (to me!) and buy whatever's at the top of your wishlist.

Steve
(also in Roswell)

#5 11 years ago

That 2 fear is a good deal value wise! NGG is a fun game

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Even with the two for one? A NGG AND Harley?

Yes, those 2 still don't make a Scared Stiff! Sell it to someone who really wants it and buy whatever you want.

#7 11 years ago

You should have no problem finding a trade partner as so many people are wanting a SS. I had to look all over the USA to find one for sale. I bought mine from SPFXTED in NJ and am still waiting for NAVL to deliver to Las Vegas. The retailers are asking $ 7K+ now for SS's. I would sell it then take the $$ and buy the games you want. The demand is huge right now for SS and the supply is super limited as most owners say it's never leaving their collections. Either way hope the right deal finds you.
Chris

#8 11 years ago

Thursday is coming

#9 11 years ago

The only recent sale (3 months) for SS on eBay was on Feb. 6th. It had a starting price of $.99, received 18 bids and ended at $4550:

ebay.com link: ws

In the prior 3 months there were buy it now's of $5500 and $5250, and two other actual auctions that went for $4402 and $4925.

I understand pinflation has been crazy but it goes both ways, at least in the case of TZ and NGG. IMO TZ is worth more and the sales data backs that up.

As for the NGG and Harley, I think that's pretty a pretty even swap based on value alone. The thing to consider there though is that you could probably lure out top-of-the-wishlist pins with SS as tradebait. If NGG and Harley are your wishlist pins then great, but if not...

#10 11 years ago

Just try to find an excellent condition Scared Stiff now for between $5500 and 6. Lemme know.

#11 11 years ago

That could be said of almost any pin. If you want a specific pin and you want it now, it's extremely likely you'll overpay.

#13 11 years ago

I paid $3200 for a routed one a few months ago. I like a clean game that plays well but am not in pursuit of perfection. Mine wouldn't leave at 5K. I like it that much.

#14 11 years ago

Yeah, anyone I know with a super-clean one would not part with it for 7K

#15 11 years ago

if i were you,i would make the trade for TZ not get NGG and harley and just ask for $$$ and maybe fix up TZ or spend it on what ever you like.

#16 11 years ago

I have a HUO TSPP, if your at all interested drop me a line. Charlie in McDonough, Ga.

#17 11 years ago

Hey Steve. How do we not know each other then, living and collecting in Roswell? Call me 404-428-4426. As for my gorgeous SS, cash is king! And it's always good to have a local pin bud. David

#18 11 years ago

Thanks Chris. Good info.

#19 11 years ago

I bought two of these to restore, one was 900 bucks and the other one was 23.
I had a new PF and a whole bunch of NOS parts to build another one but sold them all off when I couldn't find another base game.
I looked for 2 years before giving up as the price of this game continued to rise.
Blown out junk starts at 45 out here if you can find one.
Big mistake selling #2 before I had another base game.
I wouldn't sell it or trade it unless you are sure you are tired of it, you may never get a shot at another one.

#20 11 years ago

I think you should trade for NGG & HD!

#21 11 years ago

Tony you wise ass! I know it's you! Lol. Well, you get style points for creativity. Your opinion is swaying me.....lol

#22 11 years ago

Would you consider selling for cash? (I know a guy...)

#23 11 years ago

I would consider selling it. It is in gorgeous condition, only one light out but 100% otherwise. The backglass is immaculate and so is the playfield with zero fade on cabinet. Also has the bony flippers mod and the lights in the skull pile. Just installed new ramp protector too. Free admission to SS owners only Pinside forum thread included!!

So, SS in virtually mint condition.......$7,000.00.

A steal at any price. It'll be worth ten in 2 years if this keeps up! lol

Thanks spfxted and to all.

#24 11 years ago

Hey Honch!...should I sell my 3rd and get this one??

#25 11 years ago

Does it have the Dancing Boogie-Men? Cliffys?

#26 11 years ago

It has boogie men, but they are not dancing. No need for a Cliffy's yet, but eventually I would get one for the spider hole. The hole still looks good though for now. I did install a spider ramp protector from Pinball Heaven. Was gonna buy this amazing TV set mod that shows Elvira images....great mods available for this pin

#27 11 years ago

Ted - I think your next SS upgrade should be a HEP, Keller, or Mccune (take your pic) high end restored one. You'll have no more upgrade options from then on.

#28 11 years ago

Here is the Tz in question it's huo nice mods jjp invinsglass no fade this Tz needs nothing!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Ted - I think your next SS upgrade should be a HEP, Keller, or Mccune (take your pic) high end restored one.

Well...he says his is NEAR MINT....

#31 11 years ago

ooooo! That looks pretty sweet!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

ooooo! That looks pretty sweet!

It does look nice from the pictures presented. If not already on the machine, glow in the dark bones on the boney beast & claw globes would be really nice. I don't like the black (unfinished) black globe claws... I love when I turn off my SS after a game a two and all of the glow plastics are glowing brightly!

#33 11 years ago

I'll post pics of mine tomorow. Has less mods than the last one but is also in great condition and I would prob take $6000-$6500.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I paid $3200 for a routed one a few months ago. I like a clean game that plays well but am not in pursuit of perfection. Mine wouldn't leave at 5K. I like it that much.

Exactly.... Find a routed SS for $3200, that you wouldn't let go for $5k. Human nature folks and
another fact as to why Pins are on the rise. So yes, SS could potentially be a $7k Pin to the right person, but with more folks holding on to theirs, expect to pay $5k for one.

#37 11 years ago

I had a guy and his kid come and play my EATPM I had posted on CL about a month ago. They played game after game, 1/2 hr at least. He went on and on about if I wanted to sell My SS, how much they are worth, and he would buy it in a heart beat. Said he would give answer about EATPM in a day or so. Two weeks past... Nothing. I called him and listed SS on CL for I think $5600. A week after that, he lowballs me at $4k!?!?! I didn't really want to sell anyway, but cash is nice, right? I will Keep mine and try to still sell the EATPM. I think you should do the same. A nice SS is Hard to come by, I think they only made 2000, or so units. I hope he reads this, I figure, he is a member... He saved me from a crushing case of seller's remorse. Thanks!

214.jpg214.jpg

#38 11 years ago

Every pin of mine is always for sale - including SS, but the question is how much you would have to pay to drag it out. I'm pretty sure mine would leave for $7K.

Scott

#39 11 years ago

For 7k mine is gone. Love the game but, that would pry it from my hands.

#40 11 years ago

Here's the 2fer trade offer! Both are VERY nice!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#41 11 years ago

Nooooooooooo!

#42 11 years ago

Thanks Ted!!!

#43 11 years ago

Oh, sorry! I mean...yeah!...go for it!!

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from PINBELL:

Here's the 2fer trade offer! Both are VERY nice!

If he throws in the T-Bird, I'd go for it!

#45 11 years ago

It would be a pretty simple decision for me as I would NEVER trade my beloved SS!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If he throws in the T-Bird, I'd go for it!

Yea, ask for the bird!!!!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Jimmydred:

A nice SS is Hard to come by, I think they only made 2000, or so units.

4028 Confirmed

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from Tony01:

Yea, ask for the bird!!!!

The bird can definitely enter the equation!

#49 11 years ago

D, My bud Eric will be in touch - I got him on the phone ...
Mathew (Toronto)

#50 11 years ago

TZ all day long

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.50
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trading-scared-stiff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.