Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I am trading my Metallica pro for Houdini with my brother. I've had Metallica for about 4 years still love it but need a change. Houdini is very hard and unique. What would you guys do?

#2 3 years ago

Man..... NOT trade if I was the one with Metallica.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

I am trading my Metallica pro for Houdini with my brother. I've had Metallica for about 4 years still love it but need a change. Houdini is very hard and unique. What would you guys do?

Change is Good.
And Houdini is a fun Great Game.

#4 3 years ago

Metallicas are a dime a dozen. Enjoy the beat down of Houdini

#5 3 years ago

Sorry for your loss.

#6 3 years ago

Have had met for 4 years or so also... brought in a Houdini and it left soon after. ... met is a much better pin...

#7 3 years ago

I’d rather have Houdini

#8 3 years ago

Metallica is a great game, feels like home, shots feel like a Stern, fun, great music. Houdini is the next level of pinball. Make the settings easier, or you won’t survive.

#9 3 years ago

It's your brother? Do a temporary trade.

#10 3 years ago

Own both, Metallica will go before Houdini does. MET is a super fun game, but if you own or have easy access to Guardians, Munsters, or TMNT2, you also can play 90% of Metallica. Just put their discography on shuffle in the background while playing one of those others.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11 3 years ago

I bought a nib Houdini,liked it for about a Month! The center shots are hard to hit without bricking,also the Milkcan shot is imposible because of the geometry of the shot! I traded it for a RZ and never looked back!!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Metallicas are a dime a dozen. Enjoy the beat down of Houdini

Houdini's are worth about a dime a dozen.

#13 3 years ago

I say go for it! MET is a great pin but like another poster said it’s not all that different than a handful of other Stern pins. Houdini is more unique. It’s also tough. Nothing wrong with mixing things up. The only downside is it may be hard to sell or trade the Houdini when it’s time to move on.

#14 3 years ago

Sure going by rankings it doesn’t look good, but you have enjoyed it for 4 years and want something new. There’s nothing wrong with that. And when you tire of Houdini you can do the same. It may be a bit harder to find a buyer for Houdini though.

Anyways go for it and enjoy. I’ve always wanted to play Houdini and hope I get the chance sometime

#15 3 years ago

I think Houdini is one of the most visually stunning machines ever made. It has fantastic feature and for me the theme is perfect.

That being said it plays terrible and is frustrating.

The geometry is all wrong . The left orbit is sooooo wide it actually needs two roll over switch side by side to work. Then the designers made every other shot insanely tight. So tight that combos are near impossible to make with consistency.

I owned one for 1 week and sold .

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Metallica is a great game, feels like home, shots feel like a Stern, fun, great music. Houdini is the next level of pinball. Make the settings easier, or you won’t survive.

Houdini does need some adjustment out of the box; settings are a bit too tough at default, the targets in front of the ramp and right inner orbit sometimes need to be pushed slightly over so they are not blocking the shot, and the flippers need to be set to slightly below the alignment dots (about 1/16”). You’ll suddenly find the “too tight shots” and “impossible milkcan shot” to be not that tight, and consistently makeable. There’s a lot of complaining about the game and much of it is due to just routine setup stuff when getting any new game. Check the owners thread for the basic tips.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

MET is a super fun game, but if you own or have easy access to Guardians, Munsters, or TMNT2, you also can play 90% of Metallica. Just put their discography on shuffle in the background

Wh....what? No. No no no. Those games aren't even sort of the same. Lyman made Metwllica, a plain dull game, into a super experience. Same for AFM. Boring layout made awesome.

#18 3 years ago

In my opinion, Houdini is one of those games that suffers from group think. It gained momentum as a sub par game and people jumped on that bandwagon, most likely, without having spent much time on it. I’m not suggesting it is the greatest pin ever, but it’s much better than people give it credit for.

#19 3 years ago

I own and enjoy both. Houdini is a cool and unique game that, while not without some less than ideal shots, deserves more consideration than many critics have apparently given it.

#20 3 years ago

Every time I go to my brothers in NY I enjoy Houdini. I still have alot of fast games in my collection like WD and maiden. No regrets on my side

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

In my opinion, Houdini is one of those games that suffers from group think. It gained momentum as a sub par game and people jumped on that bandwagon, most likely, without having spent much time on it. I’m not suggesting it is the greatest pin ever, but it’s much better than people give it credit for.

Couldn’t agree more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
$ 199.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Shark
Decals
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trading-my-metallica-pro-for-houdini?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.