Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dung
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

say if your just bought a ghostbusters pro. Played it and grew tired of it within 2 plays, so its still in basically NIB shape. you decide you would trade. another guy has an older lets say star trek pro he wants to trade. Lets say both games are in mint condition and both have only been played less then 10 times. assuming they are worth about the same is this a fair trade due to the age of the older title. does 3 or 4 years really matter that much?

I've never traded any pins nor do I want to at the current time. I was more curious as to what other people look for.

#2 7 years ago

I'd say anybody who sells a NIB game they just bought after 2 or 10 plays is either a liar or not very smart

#3 7 years ago

They are not worth the same. Price/worth is based on market, so I'd say gb is worth 500 more at this time.

#4 7 years ago

well I was just saying hypothetically. mainly, I wanted to know if one was worth less because it was X amount of years older.

or lets say guy A bought a WOZ in 2014
    and Guy B bought the same model WOZ in 2017
    are they worth the same if guy A and guy B had the same amount of wear?

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

or lets say guy A bought a WOZ in 2014
    and Guy B bought the same model WOZ in 2017
    are they worth the same if guy A and guy B had the same amount of wear?

Not in my eyes, 2017 holds higher value than 2014. Just like a car.
    -Mike

#6 7 years ago

I'd say the older game would warrant a bit of a premium, as it is much harder to find older games with very low play count. However, I don't trust the game counts listed in the Audits menu, so not sure how to confirm the #.

#7 7 years ago

I wouldn't over analyze this one. If the conditions are equal and you prefer star trek it's a fair trade.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Not in my eyes, 2017 holds higher value than 2014. Just like a car.
    -Mike

Only if you keep your car in a climate controlled area and have never exposed it to weather or driven it.

Electrical component degradation in the space of three years without power cycling is nearly zero. With the exception of the rubber on the 2014 both machines are essentially new. With only ten plays I wouldn't even consider all of the older machine's quirks to be located and dealt with.
    Verification isn't possible afaik. Audits can be cleared in many cases.
    How hard is it to obtain a new Stern Star Trek vs a new Ghostbusters? If you can order a new Star Trek I value them the same. If you can't I value the Star Trek a couple hundred higher.

#9 7 years ago

crazy how people grade some of this stuff. I would really like to get an EM some day, I played a nip it at TPF and thought it was a great. Found one on ebay starting bid $2500. As far as EM's go, I would say the condition would have to flawless. Even if it was I think I would still feel really funny trading a newer game valued at $2500.

probably be better off getting a broken one.

#10 7 years ago

Nip It has nostalgia value because it was in the classic TV show Happy Days. Plenty of EMs available in the $500 range if you keep looking.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Nip It has nostalgia value because it was in the classic TV show Happy Days. Plenty of EMs available in the $500 range if you keep looking.

kind of what I was thinking, and yeah that's what every description said that it was in happy days. I never watched happy days, but I guess it's good that's its well recognized

#12 7 years ago

What does the market say? An older game is not automatically worth more if it is no longer produced. Is a mint WWE worth the same as a GB pro? No.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trading-guidelines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.