Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

i recently got a Cirqus Voltaire and am really displeased with it. the theme is a little on the wacky side, the gameplay is just ok, and i know its a top 15 but i just can't get into it. it's far from a collector's machine but i'm already looking to trade or sell it. i would prefer to get a cheaper game like STTNG, WH20, GnR, and some dough, almost anything really. live in ct but am adventurous when it comes to driving. also have a RFM. just wondering if anyone is interested in a non collectors Voltaire or RFM. i'm not into paying lots for minty collectors machines, just love great playing machines but i have to enjoy playing it and CV just didn't fit the bill...

#2 12 years ago

Why are you not enjoying it? Curious as I am in the process of being offered one but something is holding me back. Hear it has a great light show, 8 multi-balls, ringmaster, good wizard mode etc......so why gameplay only ok?

#3 12 years ago

I liked my CV very much. I would not mind having one again someday. I think it fun and crazy.
    The ringmaster did get a little old having to hit him all the time. But, Still a great game.

#4 12 years ago

maybe its because there's no "modes" but the gameplay isn't bad, maybe its just the theme and art style that is turning me away from it so much. there's definitely a lot to do regardless of "modes" maybe i like being told what to shoot for as i enjoy my LOTR and RFM more so than CV. not sure the reason but it doesn't do it for me. hopefully i can find a STTNG close by to trade for, or any trade offers for that matter.

#5 12 years ago

I am not a big fan of CV either. It has plenty to shoot for and is a nice looking machine but I don't like the theme. I gotta like the theme or I never warm up to a machine. To someone who likes that theme...it's a great machine. Like all pinball....it's personal. I'm sure you will have no trouble getting rid of it.

#7 12 years ago

hopefully you're right wesperron, it seems as though many "collectors" favor CV and many aren't cool with any kind of play field damage. its quite minor but then again i'm not trying to get top dollar either! i put up an ad with pictures on pinside any other good outlets for a trade, other than mr pinball (i'm putting an ad in now...)

#8 12 years ago

I love my CV .. but then like most of my machines I never paid that much for it. I wait for the bargains like the NGG I just got for $50. My bud with the truck said it does fire up and the display is good ... so just in that I got my moneys worth. He's got his choice of the other arcade machines for his trouble and transport. The NGG is mine and he gets his choice of all of the arcades we got today.

#9 12 years ago

here are some current prices CV has sold for....check it out.

http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/Cirqus-Voltaire/prices

#10 12 years ago

NGG for $50!!! I wish I could find deals like that. I don't even like that machine but I would still buy it for 50.

#11 12 years ago

thanks for the link wes, it eased my fear a little. 4000 is the lower side of the spectrum and i think that is a fair trade value for what i've got. yeah, wish i got my voltaire for that, i'd have not an iota of worry about losing $. I always prefer trades anyway though. its more fun to try out a new machine, that was really my attitude towards CV when i traded my FG for it though. its worth trying out just due to rank etc. but i've found that its not my cup of tea. ugh 50 bucks! can't even believe that!

11 months later
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #13 11 years ago

I've never been a big fan of CV either. If I had to pick a "most overrated" pin, I think CV would be it (along with TOTAN). Nevertheless, if you got it in a trade for Family Guy, you definitely came out on top in that deal. You've got a game that tons of people love, so you'll have no trouble getting a sweet game in return for it in a trade scenario.

*edit* just realized this was an old thread that was bumped.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from jespo_19:

i recently got a Cirqus Voltaire and am really displeased with it. the theme is a little on the wacky side, the gameplay is just ok, and i know its a top 15 but i just can't get into it. it's far from a collector's machine but i'm already looking to trade or sell it. i would prefer to get a cheaper game like STTNG, WH20, GnR, and some dough, almost anything really. live in ct but am adventurous when it comes to driving. also have a RFM. just wondering if anyone is interested in a non collectors Voltaire or RFM. i'm not into paying lots for minty collectors machines, just love great playing machines but i have to enjoy playing it and CV just didn't fit the bill...

Does your RFM have nucore?

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrVoltaire:

How much for you attack? ... Thanks!

You realize this thread is nearly a year old, right?

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

MrVoltaire said:How much for you attack? ... Thanks!
    You realize this thread is nearly a year old, right?

Didn't notice.. Thanks NEVERMIND..

#17 11 years ago

hehe i love that about forums! Back from the dead threads. lol

#18 11 years ago

blast from the past, no more voltaire for me, moved on to (better) other games...

#19 11 years ago

Had I been the op of this thread I would have been thru about 18 games since then.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Had I been the OP of this thread, I would have been thru about 18 games since then ...

Didn't you go through about that many just in the last month?

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

coasterguy said:

Had I been the OP of this thread, I would have been thru about 18 games since then ...
    Didn't you go through about that many just in the last month?

Exactly my thoughts. Haha, joking aside I can see how if your limited on space and have the money to do it, that trading all the time with all the recent great games poppin up can be tempting. If it wasn't such a pain moving them in & out of the basement I'd probably have gone thru more than I have.

#22 11 years ago

wonder if my wife would let me trade STTNG for CV? lol...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trading-already?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.