(Topic ID: 242514)

Trades you made years ago (would you make the trade again today?)

By terrapinmark

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by underlord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2019-05-08-18-23-23 (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

Thinking about some of the trades I have made over the years. Most were fair and even trades back in the day. Most would still be fair today. The exception may be the Fast Draw EM I traded for a Stern Big Game I made over 12 years ago. I traded a nice condition Gottlieb Fast Draw for a nice condition Big Game. In todays market I would have probably had to trade the Fast Draw AND at least a few hundred bucks for a Big Game. The classic Sterns have really garnered more money over the last few years. Any trades (one way or the other ) stick out for you guys/gals?

#2 4 years ago

I wish i hadn't traded my ecto cooler for a crystal pepsi

#3 4 years ago

I’ve only traded a game once..straight up for another; an abra ca dabra for a jacks open. Both were in pretty good shape, but found the JO a lil quicker and more of a challenge. Later sold it, and used the $ for a North star..would I do it again? Absolutely..meeting new people in this hobby, and making good/fair transactions is all part of it..playing new/different games and finding out what you like won’t get old..

#4 4 years ago

I traded a Houdini for MMR. I would do that again in a heartbeat but I don't know that I would find a taker.

I traded tz for Shadow and Popeye. I regret that trade. TZ shot up and both of those turds continue to stink imo

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I wish i hadn't traded my ecto cooler for a crystal pepsi

I swear to god I did this same thing as a kid! I really miss ecto coolers

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I swear to god I did this same thing as a kid! I really miss ecto coolers

They did make another short run of them not very long ago.
    I have an ecto cooler refrigerator magnet for the memories

Screenshot_2019-05-08-18-23-23 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-05-08-18-23-23 (resized).png
    #7 4 years ago

I traded my pimped out Stern POTC for a then new title, perhaps you’ve heard of it, a TFLE. Granted I liked the TFLE, but I missed my POTC.

1 month later
    #8 4 years ago

Most of all I miss my D&D pin. Bill Davis cc’d pf, nos parts. Game played better than new.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trades-you-made-years-ago-would-you-make-the-trade-again-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.