Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Huskerfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

What do you guys think would be a fair $$$ difference if I were to trade a HUO RBION thats in perfect condition for a HUO AC/DC pro in the same condition?

AC/DC has a few mods, LED's, Pinball Pro Speakers, Bell Mod.
Ripleys has LED Buttons, Red DMD guard, cliffy's.

AD/DC also has invisiglass...but I may let him keep that and save $300

Not sure I want to make the trade love RBION

#2 10 years ago

Base HUO ACDC Pro = around $3800 or so
^^ With listed mods, I'd say around $4K

Perfect HUO RBION = around $3400 or so
^^ With listed mods, maybe $3500

So really, it's a few hundred bucks or a wash. If you really want to do the trade, I say go for it and maybe throw in a FF package and topper.

Both great games, good luck!!

#3 10 years ago

Thats about where I put it...interested if anyone else has a thought

#4 10 years ago

I'd say RBION is about $3k and AC/DC close to $4k.....you're looking at about $1k difference in the 2 machines.

#5 10 years ago

huo rbion in perfect shape, closer to 4k. Saw one last fall go for 4k same day listed on Mr pinball.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

huo rbion in perfect shape, closer to 4k. Saw one last fall go for 4k same day listed on Mr pinball.

Not in Florida....maybe California.

#7 10 years ago

$3800 for AC/DC Pro, $3300 for RBION-- So I see it more as about a $500 difference.

#8 10 years ago

I wouldn't sell the RBION for less than $3500. This one is a out as nice as you will find and trust me I am very very picky . Thanks

#9 10 years ago

I would say a grand. I've noticed acdc under 4k but they have been routed; with mods I would put the Acdc just north of 4k and a rbion should be 3k max. jmo

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What do you guys think would be a fair $$$ difference if I were to trade a HUO RBION thats in perfect condition for a HUO AC/DC pro in the same condition?
AC/DC has a few mods, LED's, Pinball Pro Speakers, Bell Mod.
Ripleys has LED Buttons, Red DMD guard, cliffy's.
AD/DC also has invisiglass...but I may let him keep that and save $300
Not sure I want to make the trade love RBION

I wouldn't trade my rbion straight up for an AC/DC pro and mine is not as nice. Rbion is a better game then an AC/DC pro.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I wouldn't trade my rbion straight up for an AC/DC pro and mine is not as nice. Rbion is a better game then an AC/DC pro.

No, it's not

And regardless of personal preference, there is about a $500 difference in value of the pins as described.

#12 10 years ago

what about an rbion for lotr non le? How much extra is an lotr

#13 10 years ago

Ed Bundy listed a Pro ACDC with a few goodies for $3800 me thinks

#14 10 years ago

assuming the LOTR is nice I would place it's value at $4400-5000! that means (IMO) up to $2000 cash trades hands. rbion is worth less than acdc regardless of what an rbion owners think.

#15 10 years ago

RBION went through some swings recently. About 6-8 months ago 2-3 HUO machines were snapped up at 4k. Now you see them at $3500 (nice HUO machine..low plays)

I think $4-500 to the ACDC is about right...

#16 10 years ago

Boston pinball has the 2012 price for rbion at just north of $2700. for perspective LOTR 2012 price average is almost $4400. assuming LOTR is now selling for $5000 (a 10% premium for 2013) that puts the average rbion price south of $3000. I would like to think my wolverine is worth $6500 but it isn't. will someone pay $3500-4000 for a mint rbion? maybe. that one buyer doesn't dictate that rbion is selling for a 30-50% premium over 2012.

#17 10 years ago

Seems like a lot less RBION's out there than LOTR's I sold mine for $3800 late last year. It was routed but working great. I think about 4K for a routed LOTR 5k or more for HUO. I do think a low play HUO RBION is worth $3500 its not easy to find a good game like this in immaculate condition. If someone offered me 4k I would be tempted to let it go on sheer value, I only have so much room and funds so everything has a price...if I even decided to sell would take no less that $3500 but not ready to sell it right now.

Probably wont trade for the pro, would love to get back into a premium used to have one. Maybe a combo deal with my HUO RFM

#18 10 years ago

trades rarely work (from my experience) because it always seems hard to agree on values. I can say this. I wouldn't sell my routed acdc for less than $4000. once I had cash in hand I wouldn't pay more than $3000 for a rbion. I had a similar offer to yours; my tron for a rbion plus $300. my counter offer was $1500. I sold tron for $4400. if the other gentleman's math was correct then he should have been able to sell his rbion for $4100. needless to say my tron is gone and I believe he still owns his rbion.

one final word... if you think your rbion will he $3500 then I would recommend you sell it then pick up an acdc. it seems to me there are more acdc's available compared to rbion. I hope you make a deal!
Ed

#19 10 years ago

Yea trades are tough, made a few always a struggle. One worked out fairly other one not so much. I try and be fair in all my dealings.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ed Bundy listed a Pro ACDC with a few goodies for $3800 me thinks

LOL, It's Eric not Ed.. I think you were thinking of the TV show actor.

But yes I sold mine to a pinsider for 3,800. Had LEDs, Bell mod, and was HUO Mint. I think RBION is a 3,000 - 3,300 pin.

#21 10 years ago

Eric. was that $3800 a friend price, a move it quick price or a this is what I think it's worth price? I'll be selling my acdc to clear a space for a Star Trek LE before October.

#22 10 years ago

It was a don't want to haul it to Allentown price. It's probably worth a couple hundred more.

#23 10 years ago

Right back to the $500ish mark.

Sounds about right

Quoted from eabundy:

But yes I sold mine to a pinsider for 3,800. Had LEDs, Bell mod, and was HUO Mint. I think RBION is a 3,000 - 3,300 pin.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Bud Bundy lol

Sorry man

1 week later
#25 10 years ago

Edwinpblue,
Is your acdc pro available for sale now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-value-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.