• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesXVJMS0RO.jpg
imagesSPI51XXW.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Might be looking to trade an incredibly nice TSPP with around 200 plays for a nice non LE LOTR. Would that be a good and possible trade?

#2 10 years ago

I wouldn't take a LOTR if someone gave it to me. I've walked away from it in the middle of a game out of sheer boredom.

#3 10 years ago

If conditions are similar, LOTR tends to run a little higher in price.

#4 10 years ago

I think you should keep both, then add ACDC & FGY

Wait, that's my lineup & wish list

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I wouldn't take a LOTR if someone gave it to me. I've walked away from it in the middle of a game out of sheer boredom.

I really enjoy LOTR! I never get bored of playing it when I can find one on location.

#6 10 years ago

all day, every day, and twice on sunday.

-Wes

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindog:

If conditions are similar, LOTR tends to run a little higher in price.

I wouldn't mind a LOTR with a little flipper button wear. As long as everything works and the cab has no major damage and playfield is great I'd be happy.

Quoted from PW79:

I think you should keep both, then add ACDC & FGY
Wait, that's my lineup & wish list

Haha! I wish I could but I can only afford 1 pin at a time =(

#8 10 years ago

I would make that trade in a second without blinking an eye! LOTR is very fun game! As much as I love the Simpsons, I have turned down several potential trades with TSPP. Just couldn't get into the game even though I tried on numerous occasions. Both, however, get good ratings from folks....just depends on what you like.

#9 10 years ago

Hurry up and make that trade before the LOTR owner changes his mind. TSPP is good. LOTR is best Stern ever.

#10 10 years ago

You will miss tspp.

#11 10 years ago

I would in a heartbeat. Never cared for The Simpsons and LOTR is awesome.

#12 10 years ago

Hell yah, do that trade

#13 10 years ago

I would consider LOTR more fast and furious and definitely comes with a bit higher price tag. They're both really good games. Just depends on the style of play you prefer. TSPP for me a is a littler slower and kind of stop and go where LOTR is kind of fast & furious but equally as deep. (Well almost equally, TSPP is crazy deep in the ruleset department)

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

You will miss tspp.

I got both.. side by side.... The LOTR beats up my TSPP all the time. The tspp come whining to me that the lotr is being mean to it.

#15 10 years ago

I own both and much prefer LOTR. In equal condition, LOTR is worth slightly more. (I think 20% is a reasonable number to use)

#16 10 years ago

Both very solid titles. Peas and Carrots.

#17 10 years ago

I would make that trade in a heart beat! The LE version of LOTR is worth A LOT more than TSPP up here.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I would make that trade in a heart beat! The LE version of LOTR is worth A LOT more than TSPP up here.

F'n Canadian

He said non LE

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I got both.. side by side

Me too. Perfect pair.

#20 10 years ago

LOTR by a million miles.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

F'n Canadian
He said non LE

oops missed the non
That would be a pretty fair trade then. And because of my slip up here is some bacon to drool over

imagesSPI51XXW.jpgimagesSPI51XXW.jpg

imagesXVJMS0RO.jpgimagesXVJMS0RO.jpg

#22 10 years ago

Get LOTR and buy another TSPP.

#24 10 years ago

Good trade, both are great.

#25 10 years ago

Hey,

I have them side by side. They both fill the same roll in a collection, the deep, long game. I'd say stick with whichever one your prefer. From a solely financial viewpoint, LotR tends to command more money in the same condition.

Luke

#26 10 years ago

I have both side by side as well, LOTR LE though, loaded with all the missing stuff++.

LOTR sells for more, so given that, and that TSPP's can be found more easier than LOTR's, you might want to consider the trade, and in the future get the TSPP back. I would probably give the nod to LOTR over TSPP, but TSPP is right behind it. Hard to say, a good day on TSPP, and I'd likely claim the opposite

I am amazed TSPP is falling in the rankings, and has not shot up in value as LOTR has, as TSPP is such an amazing machine. It's a true advanced players dream machine, but so to is LOTR. I've often said TSPP is the chess version of pinball where most other machines are the checkers.

#27 10 years ago

I had both TSPP and LOTR side by side for a while. LOTR got all the plays - TSPP ended up moving out, and I will never get rid of LOTR.

#28 10 years ago

Funny, they are side by side in my line-up too. LOTR is steadily growing on me, but I still like the gameplay of TSPP more. LOTR has an epic theme that was nicely captured by Stern, though.

Also, LOTR also sounds awesome with a subwoofer, while TSPP isn't really enhanced by a sub.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I am amazed TSPP is falling in the rankings, and has not shot up in value as LOTR has, as TSPP is such an amazing machine. It's a true advanced players dream machine, but so to is LOTR. I've often said TSPP is the chess version of pinball where most other machines are the checkers.

I am also surprised it isn't in the Top 10. Of all the machines I've played now it's in my top 3 and the others I feel that I would get tired of more quickly. I've only had a few games on a LOTR though so can't really speak to it but like the theme. Would be more than happy to have one here alongside the TSPP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 45.00
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 7.50
$ 18.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-tspp-for-a-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.