• Latest reply 5 years ago by Dee-Bow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should I do?”

• Your TNA and about $2500 should get you a Beatles Gold. Do it! 16 votes
    14%
  • Put down the crack pipe and just play your TNA. I thought you didn't like old rock band pinball machines. 51 votes
    43%
  • You should do Primus. About the same $2500 extra should get it done. 7 votes
    6%
  • Reverse mortgage, keep TNA and get Supreme, Primus, and a Beatles Diamond edition. 22 votes
    19%
  • Do you like dimples? 7 votes
    6%
  • What happened? 15 votes
    13%

(118 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Fast Times.gif
2ox5ya (resized).jpg
57C87EAE-0EB2-48F6-8C05-621BC3D0AA04 (resized).jpeg
81JOeyfaaWL._SY445_ (resized).jpg

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I have to admit I've been loving pinball's recent return to simplified layouts with super fast non stop game play. And TNA has been no slouch in that department. Terrific game.

However, it is always tempting to get something new and in my current budget, it would be hard to keep it and also buy another NIB game. After my feeble attempt to acquire a Supreme, and those still commanding $40k plus, I see the Beatles as an opportunity to get something within my price range.

I have also considered Primus, and although I love the music, the layout reminds me a bit too much of WNBJM and that is so 2015.

#2 5 years ago

It's a shame, Beatles would have gone so well next to that BM66 ...

#3 5 years ago

Really it's aboot rotation and can you move it out a little later and keep well value. If you can then I say get the new blood in. But damn $2500 is steeeep

You can turn the volume down and I'd really like to see how it plays compared to classic Sterns

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can turn the volume down and I'd really like to see how it plays compared to classic Sterns

I played a Beatles the other day and put the high score on it. Actually the music was a lot less annoying than some of the other rock themed games I have sampled over the last couple years. It was also very fast and I was able to make the loop shot over and over.

The only thing I'd change is it would get a two inch flipper for the upper left one. And of course, charge less for the thing.

#5 5 years ago

There isn’t a poll question for a cash sale.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

There isn’t a poll question for a cash sale.

Basically it means trade or sell and add cash. It's still trading one for another.

#7 5 years ago

Not worth it. Keep tna. imho.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Not worth it. Keep tna. imho.

Funny, as many had said TNA was not worth it. Compared to what else was out there at the time, I thought it was well worth it and still do.

So have we now taken that up another notch?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Actually the music was a lot less annoying than some of the other rock themed games I have sampled over the last couple years.

That isn't saying much.

#10 5 years ago

I predict boredom shortly afterwards if you sell or trade TNA for Beatles.

#11 5 years ago

As long as the guy with "The Beatles" is willing to add cash for the sure to rise in value TNA , I'd say go for it!

#12 5 years ago

get spiderman home and see if you can download the supreme code to it, brick it, and then still be better off cause you have a TNA and not a beatles

#13 5 years ago

Don’t do it Spicoli.
Wait for the second re-skin Seawitch 2: Into the Maelstrom aka Seawitch’s Revenge.

Beatles sucks!
(Or was I supposed to say that about Primus? )

#14 5 years ago

Beatles is a 50 year old geriatric theme right? Why bother?

#15 5 years ago

I like the playfield on The Beatles a lot more than TNA, but I don't really know about The Beatles software since I haven't gotten to play one yet. So at that rate I might as well just get a Seawitch.

#16 5 years ago

I’ve always maintained tna had a place in a collection. Now Beatles...just don’t interest me. That’s me. Nothin against them, I was perplexed by sterns decision to basically do a rehash rather than a new design so that is affecting my opinion. I didn’t get Batman 66 either. I guess I’m too young to get either. This is just my opinion, and I’m only an expert on one thing, my opinion

What about oktobermonkeygrabassfest?

#17 5 years ago

I like both a lot. I think The Beatles is the better game but $2500 is a lot of coin and TNA is a better build quality.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Beatles is a 50 year old geriatric theme right? Why bother?

Not many other choices when it comes to new games lately?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I like both a lot. I think The Beatles is the better game but $2500 is a lot of coin and TNA is a better build quality.

I will seriously disagree with TNA being a better build quality. All of my Spooky games have had far more issues than my Stern games, and TNA is no exception.

#20 5 years ago

Well, my TNA playfield is still smooth as a baby's bottom, but when I sold my BM66, it's playfield looked like the surface of the moon. The buyer didn't seem to care though and it went on location and did pretty good coin drop.

I had no real problems with either game though. TNA's cabinet sure seems to be built like a tank.

Hey, I just buy them to play them and hope that doesn't get old before looking at them does.

#21 5 years ago

OD, just get a Mafia and be done with it

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I will seriously disagree with TNA being a better build quality. All of my Spooky games have had far more issues than my Stern games, and TNA is no exception.

Wasn't referring to any issues. Just as far as playfield quality and cabinet quality.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Wasn't referring to any issues. Just as far as playfield quality and cabinet quality.

Agree to disagree I guess, but I don't plan on buying any more Spooky games after getting every major release of theirs up to this point. Stern is cheaper (of course The Beatles is an exception here hence why I didn't buy it) and my Stern games don't go out of service constantly like my Spooky games do.

#24 5 years ago

I say go for it. I think Beatles will hold its value for the most part. I'm starting to look at the simpler games myself.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Well if we are going to comment on PF quality JJP is severely lacking on POTC.

Let’s see, Dimples, No Cliffys(lots of people with scoop and hole wear) after 1.5 months.

Let’s be honest when we criticize, no fan club bs.

I’m happy with my POtC but let’s be real.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, my TNA playfield is still smooth as a baby's bottom, but when I sold my BM66, it's playfield looked like the surface of the moon. The buyer didn't seem to care though and it went on location and did pretty good coin drop.
I had no real problems with either game though. TNA's cabinet sure seems to be built like a tank.
Hey, I just buy them to play them and hope that doesn't get old before looking at them does.

You already know the answer Odiner. Beatles or TNA? Put the crack pipe down because nobody cares about a few F ing dimples!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Agree to disagree I guess, but I don't plan on buying any more Spooky games after getting every major release of theirs up to this point. Stern is cheaper (of course The Beatles is an exception here hence why I didn't buy it) and my Stern games don't go out of service constantly like my Spooky games do.

I'm not sure how we are disagreeing. You are talking about design and qc issues. I'm talking about the actual quality of the game components.

Quoted from Psw757:

Well if we are going to comment on PF quality JJP is severely lacking on POTC.
Let’s see, Dimples, No Cliffys(lots of people with scoop and hole wear) after 1.5 months.
Let’s be honest when we criticize, no fan club bs.
I’m happy with my POtC but let’s be real.

? I thought we were comparing tna to The Beatles. Sorry your potc has had some issues.

#28 5 years ago

O-din cash out and grab a Beatles while you can

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm not sure how we are disagreeing. You are talking about design and qc issues. I'm talking about the actual quality of the game components.

Personally I would also call the parts that allow the game to function game components, but maybe that's just me.

#30 5 years ago

is beatles really rock? i would say more like pop. anyway i do prefer beatles more than tna.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

O-din cash out and grab a Beatles while you can

I got real excited when I saw you unboxing that Supreme today. Got another one of those?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

? I thought we were comparing tna to The Beatles. Sorry your potc has had some issues.

I’ve been lucky with only minor stuff but some of the other guys not so much.

I think the quality on this Beatles machine so far is superb but maybe that because Kapow has more of a handle on The QC.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I got real excited when I saw you unboxing that Supreme today. Got another one of those?

Treat yourself to a Christmas gift. You added a ramp to your TNA, I think that says it all. Can always resell Beatles.

#34 5 years ago

I always do treat myself to an X-Mas gift. Whether it is a power steering pump that the car needs, or some new underwear, or even one year I bought a Tamiya Super Blackfoot. But I never really go overboard for the holidays.

Quoted from WolfManCat:

Can always resell Beatles.

The question is to who though?

I'm not sure how long this Beatle mania will last with most of their original fans that are still alive just happy to find their dentures in the morning.

#35 5 years ago

Does your TNA still have a ramp in it?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Does your TNA still have a ramp in it?

No. I found it slowed gameplay like most ramps tend to do and I like my games fast!

My reflexes are still sharp as a hunting knife.

#37 5 years ago

I think o-din makes the best threads on Pinside.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The question is to who though?
I'm not sure how long this Beatle mania will last with most of their original fans that are still alive just happy to find their dentures in the morning.

Just gotta have faith. Go the distance. If you buy it they will come. Ease his pain.

81JOeyfaaWL._SY445_ (resized).jpg81JOeyfaaWL._SY445_ (resized).jpg
#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think o-din makes the best threads on Pinside.

Thanks! A lot of thought goes into each and every one.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! A lot of thought goes into each and every one.

There is no doubt about it o-din. Lots and lots of thought, and only you can think this stiff up lol.

#41 5 years ago

Just feel lucky I don't start them at 3:00 AM anymore when inspiration really strikes.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just feel lucky I don't start them at 3:00 AM anymore when inspiration really strikes.

That's the best time. 3am after about 10-12 beers. Thats when you're at your best!

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Beatles sucks!
(Or was I supposed to say that about Primus?

I have come to the conclusion that a Primus pin wth a Beatles layout would really suck. So I am keeping TNA for now.

#44 5 years ago

I’ve played both and Beatles is just simply a much better shooting game then tna and it has a ton of more stuff to do in it then tna.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My reflexes are still sharp as a hunting knife.

57C87EAE-0EB2-48F6-8C05-621BC3D0AA04 (resized).jpeg57C87EAE-0EB2-48F6-8C05-621BC3D0AA04 (resized).jpeg
#46 5 years ago

If you like new basic designs just buy a Thunderbirds people are practically giving them away.

#47 5 years ago

TNA has a kickass light show, awesome music and sounds but kinda a clunky layout-still fun

Beatles has a good known layout, great music, etc. but I feel it is a $4000 game and is overpriced. The market may determine pricing on these and I do not see them flying off the shelves. May settle closer to $5500 down the road?

I would rather have something like a nice Embryon and a Paragon for the same amount of monies.

It does sound like you have had your time with TNA and are ready to move on and find something new. May I suggest diving back into the moderns and trying a JJP POTC, Dialed In, Monster Bash, Star Wars Premium, or Munsters(right up your alley)

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would rather have something like a nice Embryon and a Paragon for the same amount of monies.

Or perhaps even my Barb Wire back.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

May I suggest diving back into the moderns and trying a JJP POTC, Dialed In, Monster Bash, Star Wars Premium, or Munsters(right up your alley)

No you may not, and no they are not. But thanks anyway.

Like the dude on the Carls Jr ad says-

2ox5ya (resized).jpg2ox5ya (resized).jpg
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Or perhaps even my Barb Wire back.

Pam is staying put
I have the O-Din lineup going on -BW, Gladiators, and DH all in a row(just got rid of Skateball)
Now I just need one more to make it official and that is Earthshaker(you ready to send that my way?) Then I can be as cool as Spicoli.

Dude you have not even scratched the surface-been there done that? Wait a bit-you will want a Munsters(trust me). May need some help from Nimble to get you back into fast moderns that kick you in the nuts and take no prisoners.

Maybe an IMDN premium has your name on it?

Fast Times.gifFast Times.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-tna-plus-cash-for-beatles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.