Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinlawyer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have a tron pro and somebody is wanting to trade me a really nice Champion Pub and a really nice SWE1 for it.

The Tron pro has the Orange armor from Pinball Life, Pinbits Orange , blue and yellow plastic kit and coollite ramps lights on it and LEDS through out .

I really like the tron but owned a CP in the past and also liked it. Plus getting a 2 for 1 would give me an extra game with the SWE1.

I just wanted to get some thoughts and see if I should do it or not.

#2 6 years ago

I think in the long run Tron is the game to hold on to. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

#3 6 years ago

Dollar wise I think you are probably coming out ahead a few hundred ahead, I just sold my Tron and I probably would have done that trade.

#4 6 years ago

IMO swe1 isn't worth 700 bucks

#5 6 years ago

I would do that trade, you said the condition on CP and SWE1 is very good? Value wise I think you would be ahead and if you ever want a Tron again it shouldn't be hard finding one.

#6 6 years ago

I would absolutely take that trade. The other games are worth more, and I honestly find Tron Pro too boring and straightforward compared to the other two. Champion Pub is one of the more interesting pins out there, and unless you have a RFM, I feel like Episode 1 adds a cool twist to any collection. Just going on gameplay, I'd take SWE1 over Tron Pro

**As a frame of reference, I've played Tron Pro several times, have played Episode 1 to death (my buddy has one he got new), and haven't played Champion Pub in years.

#7 6 years ago

I was thinking the way they are producing Tron it shouldn't be to hard to fine one down the road and you dont see to many nice CP come up for sale.

#8 6 years ago

Only you know the answer for this question. We have no clue what you paid for the tron, or if you like it or not. Have you played SWE1 or Champion Pub?

Chris

#9 6 years ago

SWE1 is Garbo! Don't trade a great game for a terrible one and the other.

#10 6 years ago

Go for it....you need to enjoy playing your pins and not think about the money down the road.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Dollar wise I think you are probably coming out ahead a few hundred ahead, I just sold my Tron and I probably would have done that trade.

Dollar wise, you are probably a little better off, but I wouldn't want either of those games. They both get old *very* quickly.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from my5es:

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

And a hand in the bush is worth two on the bird.

#13 6 years ago

Do it!!!

#14 6 years ago

No way, both of those games get old fast.

#15 6 years ago

CP in excellent (short of CQ) is going to fetch $3,700-$4,000 all day long. SWEp1 in average shape is going to fetch $2-2,500 without much effort. Do the math. You're selling your Tron for $6200. NIB is what, $4700 delivered these days? Armor another $450? That's $5150 so far. LEDs, other mods? Add those in. Sounds like you'd be ahead a few hundred. Is it worth the labor and effort and novelty of having two games to play, work on and pimp out instead of one? IMO, yes. CPs are harder and harder to come by. If my programmer gets off of his ass and does what he says he's going to do, CP will become deeper with the aid of P-ROC pretty soon. I'll believe that when I see it, but I've got mine all pretty & pimped and waiting, and my P-ROC board is waiting for the next kit to be finished (BoP, CP, NGG or DM, in which case I'll need to buy & pimp a DM).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside