Trade thoughts.. TFTC --> CP

By pinball_customs

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I've recently been offered a trade deal.. my TFTC + cash for a friend's Champ Pub. Both machines are in equal shape.. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

I've always been intrigued by Champ Pub, but the TFTC theme is great as I was a huge fan of the show back in the day. Value wise, I come out a winner as the cash amount is fairly low and the Champ Pub owner is aware of this..

Your thoughts, Pinside?

#2 12 years ago

champion pub sucks but you'll get better trade offers on that machine if you get it.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Champion Pub sucks but you'll get better trade offers on that machine if you get it.

Agreed.

#4 12 years ago

CP is fun pin to have when the friends are around and I imagine would be the most played when they came over. But when I had it to myself it probably wouldn't get played too much due to it getting a little repetitive. If it was a pretty small amount of cash I would probably do it to play when the fellas are over since it seems to be a favorite of many of em. Also CP will probably be a bit easier to move if you wanted to due to its popularity.

#5 12 years ago

If the amount of money is less than $500 then do it! BTW, what's up with everyone trying to get rid of TFTC when I am trying to dump mine?

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

what's up with everyone trying to get rid of TFTC when I am trying to dump mine?

To be honest, I've only had the TFTC for a couple of weeks.. it's one of the reasons I'm hesitant, it's a really fun pin.

That said, I realized the other day that 3 of the 4 pins in my basement are Borg pins.. and that's just wrong.

#7 12 years ago

CP is pretty shallow but its fun for a short time. Don't get it if you expect it to be a keeper.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

davewth said:

Champion Pub sucks but you'll get better trade offers on that machine if you get it.

Agreed.

+1

Champion pub is worth far more but TFTC is the better game in my opinion....that's life

#9 12 years ago

I don't put CP in the "sucks" category myself. Far from it. Not all that deep, but good fun all around. Much better game than TFTC imo. And I think TFTC might be the best Data East put out.

#10 12 years ago

CP does not suck, it is just not a players pin for many reasons mentioned many times before. TFTC is a fun deep players pin. I have owned both. If it were me for gameplay alone, I would take the TFTC.

#11 12 years ago

CP has really cool toys but not a lot of substance. It is great in a large collection since as it plays very differently and is a nice break. In a small collection it gets old. I sold mine after a week.

Value wise TFTC is in the 1800 range if in nice shape give or take.

I sold my CP at 3k cash and trade. It was nice, freshly shopped with a full tear down. they tend to run in the 2500-3200 range anymore.

Would I do it? Not unless you plan on selling tftc anyways. CP is easy enough to trade/sell. Not many have played it extensively and end up buying it out of curiosity. The rarity and theme appeal to a lot of folks. I will say it is a damn fine looking machine if nothing else.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Much better game than TFTC imo.

+1 CP isn't deep, but it's still better IMO

#13 12 years ago

I own a TFTC, and honestly believe it to be a top 20, if not a top 10 pin. It gets no love because of the DE brand. CP is fun for the first 5 mins. Gets old really fast. TFTC keeps me coming back for more. Money wise, CP is worth more, TFTC is a better players pin.

#14 12 years ago

I'd do it...

#15 12 years ago

It's a coin toss for me. Really like them both. If forced I'd probably go with Creech. That crazy ass music gets stuck in my head for days after playing it.

#16 12 years ago

I traded my TFTC away about 5 years ago to a friend and he traded it to another friend. I traded him and got my game back but this time it is never leaving.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I own a TFTC, and honestly believe it to be a top 20, if not a top 10 pin.

That's what I'm talking about! Did I mention my TFTC is for sale?

#18 12 years ago

I also love TFTC, and think Champion Pub kinda sucks. Although CP is worth alot more...

I'd find a different game to trade for personally...

#19 12 years ago

If TFTC was made by W/B it would be a $2500+ game

Quoted from ThePostmaster:

It gets no love because of the DE brand.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

Bigbill55 said:It gets no love because of the DE brand.

Sadly, this is true..

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Pin_Crazed said:

Bigbill55 said:It gets no love because of the DE brand.

Sadly, this is true..

Not if you're trying to buy one

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Not if you're trying to buy one

Haha.. touché

#23 12 years ago

I'd keep the TFTC unless you just don't like it, or you plan to sell the CP and are only thinking of the money. CP is certainly worth more, but TFTC is a way better game.

#24 12 years ago

Do the trade and then trade the CP for a better title. You can always get another TFTC. When i had my CP for sale/trade, somebody asked me to trade for a TZ not knowing the CP was a project. I suspect that guy was trolling me but who knows?

#25 12 years ago

I have both and like to play TFTC but everybody else in the house likes CP. I have a lot of new people play. I always get comments about how the artwork is wierd on TFTC. Some kids seem to be afraid of TFTC. I should mention that I have a large colection so CP will stay because I want it to.

As for the price, CP is worth $1,000 more mininum in any location. you get get TFTC for $1500 all day. Good luck finding a $2500 CP.

#26 12 years ago

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

For the record, I have 4 pins in my collection so it's fairly small.. not sure how CP would do. I do like the "quick fix" games though -- games that last a few minutes at a time and not 45 mins or so. Heh

Those who know me know that NO pin lasts in my collection.. I've got the ADD

#27 12 years ago

I assume you've made up your mind, but as a former owner of CP, it isn't that bad. It has alot of fun modes and is nice for a lighthearted game or two. Kids love it and my wife is also kinda mad that it's gone. Mine didn't play well, either (blown out inserts) so don't factor my opinion too heavily! I also don't know what other pins you own, so i'm in the dark there.

Long story short? I say "do it"!

#28 12 years ago

mind's not made up yet to be honest..

I've got Iron Man, Jurassic Park, TFTC and F-14 in my lineup.

#29 12 years ago

pinball_customs,

You should enter your location in your profile. Since pin prices can vary greatly based on where you live, it will help others to accurately give advice in a thread like this. Also, you should take the time to list your collection. It's one of the best features Pinside has to offer.

#31 12 years ago

If you let us know what kinda shape the machines are in and how much $$ is involved, some of us could give you an expert opinion on this.

#33 12 years ago

Thanks! Just added a collection history as well.. which is a little frightening to look at.

It would appear my hobby is MOVING pinball machines.

@davewth: Actually it's not so much the value of the trade I'm worried about, I know I'd be getting the better deal that way with Champ Pub. They're both in average condition, typical dings on the cab, etc. TFTC has the topper.

I'm more concerned with the staying power of Champ Pub. I haven't played it in a couple of years and I'd consider myself a much better player now than I was then.

I'm going to try it out soon and get a feel for the game again before I make any decisions. Just looking for the opinions of my peers

Quoted from gweempose:

pinball_customs said:Done
Thanks! Nice collection.

#34 12 years ago

I would love a tales from the crypt....sadly none around Iowa for right price

#36 12 years ago

Just to let y'all know, I passed. I'm going to do a straight trade for his JM instead (in a few months).

Thanks for the input all!!

#37 12 years ago

Woop! Turns out I'm buying the Champ Pub outright.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Stratford, CT
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Carrollton, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
$ 18.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-thoughts-tftc-cp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.