(Topic ID: 266264)

Trade or trade with option to buy concept?

By Yelobird

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Odd thought not a solicitation. As if everyone hasn’t noticed these games are not getting cheaper and for many of us space is becoming rare. Curious if on a Local level anyone ever considered a temporary trade or trade with option to buy concept? Meaning, you may have some great games but in time they become a bit old but not necessarily something you want to get rid of. So you trade with local collectors for say 3-6 months any titles value doesn’t really apply for this. IF at the end of the trade you Both love the trade you come up with an agreed on difference or simply return the games back. Yes I realize there is some trust involved and it may only apply to a known group of collectors that will treat your game as you would but it does seem like a decent regional way to try new titles and minimize the growing cost of this hobby. Just a curiosity....

#2 4 years ago

Interesting idea. I do believe several people do trade games on this website. I discussed something similar with another local insider and he brought up a concern, what if one of the traded games had a significant problem or got damaged in some manner. That could cause some problems. As a result we elected not to move forward.

#3 4 years ago

I've done and do that often. I would say that 6 months is a LONG time though. After a couple of weeks I can determine if it's a keeper for me or not

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I've done and do that often. I would say that 6 months is a LONG time though. After a couple of weeks I can determine if it's a keeper for me or not

Agreed. Time frame is just a thought but the primary function is to mix up the collection, learn new titles, meet some local collectors, and Minimize the continuous and Costly exercise of loosing money on games just to try them lol. We would all love to own them ALL but space and Money will always be the blocker. Would be fun to Fully experience games without the high probability of a bad decision or based on assumed reviews. The longer time frame is solely due to the pain of trading. These aren’t baseball cards!

#5 4 years ago

I’ve done this multiple times with close friends. It’s a great way to mix up your lineup without having to get more games or get rid of any.

It’s been at a minimum 6 months for each one I’ve done.

I have friends that use pincinnati as their swapping point so those trades would be for a year.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-or-trade-with-option-to-buy-concept and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.