3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by transprtr4u
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Keep debating swapping out my STTNG for another Stern. Going to pick up a LOTR this weekend though and not a fan of having 3 different platforms where I cannot swap boards.

Only thing holding me back is that it is a really nice example and would a pain to replace. For background game has a very nice cabinet, little wrinkling around the legs but covered by pincab protectors. Playfield is great with very little ghosting. Ramps are mint. Has cliffy protectors, cannon lasers, prototype cannons, blue acrylic borg windows, spot target decals, backboard decal, Enterprise Model, upgraded warbird model, and a blue xpin led dmd.

On the other hand keep looking at Met Pro, TSPP, BBH, SM (after the ve comes out), FGY, RBION, etc and debating.

STTNG is fast and brutal. Love the flow especially on a widebody. Just keep leaning towards games with deeper rulesets.

#2 3 years ago

STTNG isn't exactly a hard title to find. They made a ton of them and despite it's awesomeness it's easy to find nice examples at 3400-4000. It wouldn't be hard to replace.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

STTNG isn't exactly a hard title to find. They made a ton of them and despite it's awesomeness it's easy to find nice examples at 3400-4000. It wouldn't be hard to replace.

In these parts 3900 gets you one with cracked ramps, cabinet head has scratches, and pf wear. My old one went to a friend. Wasn't perfect, could have used new head decals, but a nice example and it went for 4200 when he later sold it.

#4 3 years ago

Nothing other than Met Pro sounds even remotely enticing when one considers you'd be giving up STTNG. Even Met Pro's a stretch given the condition of your STTNG.

Best of luck with (what shouldn't be) a tough decision!

#5 3 years ago

Sttng is great and I let mine go because its not really guest friendly but I do miss it, kinda never gets old. I think Levi is close with his assessment on value but maybe a couple of hundred low although you could find an unshopped one for $3400 around ny nj area.

#6 3 years ago

I wouldn't do it, but STTNG is one of my all time favorite games and a consistent go to for me. If you're not to attached to it, then what the heck, let it go and get something new.

#7 3 years ago

All up to you. Do you still enjoy playing STTNG? If you rarely play it move it along for something fresh. If it's a true classic to you (as mine is to me) hang on to it. There's no right or wrong answer here.

#8 3 years ago

I think the days of finding a decent STTNG for under $4k are getting few and far between. Heck, many of the ads I'm seeing lately are over $5k. I've been debating the same thing as dung. I've had mine for almost 9 years. I've always loved it, but it's finally getting old to me and honestly I prefer the newer Stern stuff. Tough call...I know I'd miss mine, but I do not have the finances or space to keep them all. If it was still a $2k game, I'd probably hold on to it. I still enjoy it more than that. But at $4k+, there are a lot of machines I'd rather have at this point. The way I look at it is if I can replace it with something that will excite me more and I will play more often, it probably makes the most sense to let it go.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice examples go for much more then that. $4000-$5000. A lot can factor into a STTNG's condition, ramp condition, subway condition, playfield condition, canons firing correctly, etc. There's so much stuff on the game! lol

#10 3 years ago

I have seen many nice examples listed lately in mi and Il in the low 4K range and don't appear to be selling. Just my recent observation as that's one title that has been on my radar for awhile.

#11 3 years ago

Very few games are better than STTNG. The custom speech in that game is awesome. I would not trade it for any of the games you listed.

#12 3 years ago

I traded mine for a HUO Ripley's and am very happy with the deal. I was also happy to have STTNG while I did.

#13 3 years ago

I would never get rid of my STTNG for another game, not that LOTR isn't a great game but its no STTNG.

#14 3 years ago

Surprised by the responses. Not so much the people who are focusing on the value. Sorry guys, but I was told Pinball Magic was a 3200 dollar game, sold it for 3850. Told Black Rose was an 1800 dollar game, several times over, sold for 2400. Both had a buyer lined up within 24 hours. Told Diner was an 1800 dollar game, sold for 2050 and it was not that nice. Bit used to being told how cheap games go for until you try to buy one. The LOTR thread is saying routed are 4500. Could not touch one near that. The other locals around me who have also been looking cannot find it either. I am not concerned about selling it as far as the money goes. More concerned about replacing it with a machine in similar condition if I miss it.

The monologue aside, I do appreciate the feedback from those who say keep STTNG. Good points all around and something to mull over. Really expected there to be more Stern lovers, but alas they have fallen silent.

#15 3 years ago

will never part with my STNG , never boring to play !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 209.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Forever
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside