New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 110239)

Trade Opinions?? Whirlwind for Swords of Fury

By EEE

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jmountjoy111
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Trade Opinions?? Whirlwind for Swords of Fury”

• Keep WW 20 votes
    80%
  • Trade for SoF 5 votes
    20%

(25 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 5 years ago

I am seeking advice and opinions on the equality of a straight trade for similar condition machines. If there is some amount of cash difference too, I would like to hear those opinions.

Both work 100%, and have minor blemishes on the cabinets. The playfields are worn similarly and perhaps the SoF has a bit more in the left kickback area, ball lock area and upper playfield.

The ramp on SoF has slight damage, while the WW has cliffys on the chipped left ramp and cellar holes.

caveat - The owner of SoF says that it is only available as a trade.

#2 5 years ago

I have owned both. Dollar value might be close but WW is so much more fun in the long run.

#3 5 years ago

My opinion is you would be absolutely insane to make this trade.

Swords of fury...um....yeah it's ok I guess.

Whirlwind is probably the best System 11 game.

Dollars and cents wise I'd say there's a $300-$500 difference in value here.

#4 5 years ago

Even Lionman wouldn't recommend that trade.

#5 5 years ago

Keep whirlwind. Swords of fury is fun but not for long enough. I set sof on very hard and could roll it easy. I still own whirlwind and won't ever trade or sell it.

#6 5 years ago

SOF is fun with a nice layout, but you can always find one (and I've yet to see a nice SOF so there's opportunities to buy em cheap). It's getting tougher to find deals (or routed) whirlwinds. If you find later you want another, you'll be hard pressed to find one at the price you're happy with.

#7 5 years ago

Really? Do you have more than one whirlwind?

#8 5 years ago

Tough call, but if you've had enough of WW, then I think it's very fair.

#9 5 years ago

Swords of Fury isn't easy to find, especially in decent condition. Sure it's easy to roll over (being the last 7-digit game made by Williams) but it's the kind of game that has a cult following. Many of them have a cracked right ramp; I keep hoping someone will remake the ramps for it eventually. Productionwise, there were ~2700 Swords of Furys made compared to ~7300 for Whirlwind, so I'm guessing you'd probably be able to find another Whirlwind sooner than you would a Swords.

Admittedly I'm biased, Swords was the first pin I bought back in 1997 and I intend to never let it go unless somehow I found one in better condition.

#10 5 years ago

The only thing I would trade my whirlwind for is a better looking whirlwind.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis , MO
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
New Hartford, CT
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside