Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by NJGecko
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Interested in your opinion...would you trade either a NIB Hulk or extremely nice SS for an Ironman? Ironman is great and apparently very challenging to find NIB or HUO. Would trading Hulk or SS (or selling either) to fund an Ironman make sense? Thanks, gentlemen.

#2 11 years ago

Trade SS all day long for Iron Man. Keep you Hulk NIB for trade bait or your own personal enjoyment later. There are way more SS's out there than NIB Hulk's at the moment and they are cheaper to acquire.

Good luck with IM; that game is a blast and one of Borg's best.

#4 11 years ago

Great, sage advice! Thanks, guys-

#5 11 years ago

You need to get some cash in that trade with that IM. As far as gameplay, I would trade a hulk to get IM. I just played mine 5 min ago and its still just as exciting to play as it was 15 months ago when I picked it up

#6 11 years ago

One more question (as my topic is just theoretical at this point) related to the topic...as this is easier said than done....would collectors trade an Ironman for a SS?

#7 11 years ago

Thanks, Max. I appreciate the advice.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from tpellowe:

One more question (as my topic is just theoretical at this point) related to the topic...as this is easier said than done....would collectors trade an Ironman for a SS?

Unless you SS was restored by a named guy like HEP or Keller I think you would need to send some cash with SS to get the Iron Man in the current market. A HUO IM with reasonable mods will sell for over $5,500 right now. SS on condition can be pretty under valued (I'm not going to opine on the exact value of SS because it vacillates so much based on condition, but rarely will you see one reach $5,500)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 11 years ago

If you have had your fill of SS, trading it for an IM should have been done yesterday

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If you have had your fill of SS, trading it for an IM should have been done yesterday

Center, I honestly do not know what that means.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from tpellowe:

Probably that about a year ago IM was a 4k machine and would have been a straight up trade; times have changed and its demand has shot up dramatically and you don't see them come up on the market that often. GAP has one right now that he has really blinged out; looks awesome.

There is another one for sale that I played at the TPF that the owner blinged out and nick named a "Stark Industries Edition"; the game played like a dream . . . I don't remember what he was asking for it but had to be over 6k. Beautiful machine.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from tpellowe:

I would guess that he means that IM has gone up in price quite a bit in the last year.

It is a shame that IM got bad mouthed early on, because if it had sold well there would be many more in existence for us pinheads to enjoy.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If you have played the crap out of your SS and you are a bit bored with it, IM is super fun, trade immediately, even if you dont like IM, you will have a few dudes filling up your pm box with hope of getting first crack at it!

#14 11 years ago

Got it! Thanks, guys- Not surprised it's gone up in demand so much. Such an awesome game.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would guess that he means that IM has gone up in price quite a bit in the last year.
It is a shame that IM got bad mouthed early on, because if it had sold well there would be many more in existence for us pinheads to enjoy.

Bingo!!! It is travesty of pinball justice that only 1,100 of this machine exist. Such a great game that is in too few collections.

I'm mad at myself I didn't buy that NIB one that came up for sale here on pinside last September for $5,500 . . . I was out of town and my wife called me to tell me one was for sale . . . I didn't think that would literally be the last chance of finding one NIB at a reasonable price. There are still a couple out there; Joystix in Houston wants 8k for theirs; crazy price (but understandable given the rarity and demand).

#16 11 years ago

Personally, I think that it would be easier to sell a SS and buy an IM then it would be to trade. They are SO different as games, I would be surprised if someone that has been holding onto an IM would have interest in a SS, and vice versa.

Deals on IMs come up. I know someone that got one within the last month for less than $4200. It wasn't all blinged out, but it was a great looking original.

#17 11 years ago

Give me both and I will give you my IM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 38.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-opinions-ss-hulk-for-im and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.