Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Kneissl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“WPC or Sys 11”

• WPC 9 votes
      41%
    • Sys 11 11 votes
      50%
    • goonies! 2 votes
      9%

(22 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Been thinking about how much I like sys 11 pins lately. I've got FT and shadow, but was thinking maybe i'd rather have 3 or 4 sys 11 machines instead... so many great tables, SOF, F14, Radical, Mousin' Around, Banzai Run..
    whats the crowd think? FT and Shadow are rock solid tables...

#2 10 years ago

Hmm I would say trade FT but that machine does not command a ton of cash. If you could get two system 11 for FT I say go for it.

#3 10 years ago

I think variety is the spice of life so I'd be in favor of having a mixture of games. Depending on which sys-11 game you're going after, say Banzai Run, you may have a hard time finding one, even if you traded both FT and Shadow for it.

There are some pretty good sys-11 tables and if you like them then you should go ahead and see if you can find someone who wants to trade with you or sell your games outright and buy what you'd like.

Dave

#4 10 years ago

Only played it once. Pretty cool. But May cost a pretty penny.

#5 10 years ago

Banzai is great fun, but totally not worth what I saw the last one go for.

#6 10 years ago

Eh... you've got 3 System 11 games and one System 9 game. I say keep the WPCs! If you were to sell the two of those and get four System 11 games, you'd be practically all System 11s. While they tend to be sweet, do you want your collection to be that monochromatic?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Eh... you've got 3 System 11 games and one System 9 game. I say keep the WPCs! If you were to sell the two of those and get four System 11 games, you'd be practically all System 11s. While they tend to be sweet, do you want your collection to be that monochromatic?

I have all Gottlieb SYS80-80B's, and i dont feel that way at all..

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I have all Gottlieb SYS80-80B's, and i dont feel that way at all..

I would actually comment that System 80 and 80B allows for a more diverse collection than System 11s.

With those Gottliebs, you get some early System 80 stuff that feels like System 1 (which in turn feels like it could practically be EM.) and you get some semi-modern masterpieces like TX Sector, and games that almost feel like early DMDs. Hell, some of those games feel more evolved than some Gottlieb DMDs.

Because of the change over to Premier ownership, it's almost like you've got two different companies that you're considering one.

#9 10 years ago

I should be bringing home a whirlwind this weekend.. (no wpc's sacrificed) is tx sector really that great?

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

I would actually comment that System 80 and 80B allows for a more diverse collection than System 11s.
    With those Gottliebs, you get some early System 80 stuff that feels like System 1 (which in turn feels like it could practically be EM.) and you get some semi-modern masterpieces like TX Sector, and games that almost feel like early DMDs. Hell, some of those games feel more evolved than some Gottlieb DMDs.
    Because of the change over to Premier ownership, it's almost like you've got two different companies that you're considering one.

Yeah, i see that..there is a big spread there in design features from title to title..and sys to sys...

But still i have alot of both systems, and i never feel like i am lacking.. but i like what i like too, so his mileage may vary

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

I should be bringing home a Whirlwind this weekend.. (no wpc's sacrificed) is tx sector really that great?

YES !

#12 10 years ago

what other sys80 gems are there? i always thought big house looked sweet.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

what other sys80 gems are there? i always thought Big House looked sweet.

IT IS !

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

I should be bringing home a Whirlwind this weekend.. (no wpc's sacrificed) is tx sector really that great?

Favorite game in my collection currently! That should say something!

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

what other sys80 gems are there? i always thought Big House looked sweet.

Look at my collection....

There is not 1 there that sucks... are they deep like LOTR's ? nope but they are fun as hell....

some say they suck cause they piss all over Gottlieb games, and never really spent any time on a real nice shopped dialed in one..

Hence they suck !

They play crappy ones at shows, and get a bad taste in their mouths..

I gotta tell ya, if that was the case i never woulda ever bought a pin, there are rarely and good playing games at shows

#16 10 years ago

Banzai Run is worth more than the shadow. Worth almost twice as much as FT. Super fun game that I would love to own someday.

#17 10 years ago

I've been exploring the world of sys11 lately and have to say that I am having a blast with these pins.

Currently I have High Speed, Grand Lizard and Banzai Run. Not regretting any of them. Simpler rules than most WPC with goals that are attainable, pretty good storyline/themes and the gameplay and music is excellent on most of them.

Swords of fury is next on my list.

#18 10 years ago

anyone out there with a radical care to comment on the game's last-ability?

#19 10 years ago

System 11's on the whole are very reliable machines... Just one GI plug that gets hot.

#20 10 years ago

If you're into Sys 11 games I'd hang onto Fishtales. The gameplay/rule-set is very system 11 like in that it's all about multi-ball and jackpots. Probably why I like it so much!

#21 10 years ago

I love system 11's! Lots of great classic titles. I recently sold a DM and kept my Pinbot, very happy with my decision.

#22 10 years ago

I was offered a fully working FT for my SOF... Thought about it for 30 seconds but then I remembered that I really don't like FT.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

If you're into Sys 11 games I'd hang onto Fishtales. The gameplay/rule-set is very system 11 like in that it's all about multi-ball and jackpots. Probably why I like it so much!

A few early DMD are like this. T2 is another example. It could easily have been a sys 11.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kneissl:

anyone out there with a radical care to comment on the game's liability?

I love Radical personally. I think its super fun, lots of ramps, LOVE the theme. I would say the biggest downfall in my eyes is that the jackpot award changes randomly, wish that it was a set number every time.

#25 10 years ago

#26 10 years ago

went the opposite direction. Sold off FT and Shadow and ordered up Star Trek Pro. NIB baby!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-off-wpc-for-sys-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.