(Topic ID: 96242)

trade my data east WWF for a data east hook?

By ad356

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jnewton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

so i have someone willing to make a trade. my data east WWF for a data east hook. i dont know a whole lot about hook, what is the general opinion on this game? the hook has a new play-field

#2 9 years ago

Hook isn't too good - five features, an average multiball, and unbalanced scores from the Windcoaster left ramp. I suggest you either keep Royal Rumble, or trade it towards something else for about the same price.

#3 9 years ago

I want a royal rumble. What do they go for?

#4 9 years ago

Ah... No. RR is way better than hook.

As for WWF price. Everyone says 1500 but good luck finding a good one for 1500. I'd say its a solid 1800-1900 plus game in good shape.

#5 9 years ago

Wwfrr way better game. 2k to $2500 game all day long now.

#6 9 years ago

My GF was actually annoyed I sold Hook (she just likes to hit the ball). Like most have said, its an OK game for your first game. If one was presented to me for the right price, I may get one again just to make her happy.

Never played WWF so I cannot comment.

#7 9 years ago

Perhaps WWF is worth more than 2K. It's possible. It's a fun, well built game.

#8 9 years ago

Hook is a one shot wonder. I thought it was a brutal game myself. WWFRR is world's better to me. A very under rated and under appreciated game. Although hearing the Macho Man say...Ohhh Yeahhhh, yeah yeahhhhh 10 times after every ball drain gets annoying after a while. Kind of like dannunz.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

2k to $2500 game all day long now

This is not right. They are not 2000-2500 all day long.

Are you getting cash + Hook for your WWF or are you talking straight up trade?

I got tired of hook very quickly and I am a big fan of simple rules.

#10 9 years ago

i would be getting hook + several hundred cash. WWF has been a thorn in the side and i have been trying to get rid of it. it had a failed MPU that cost me $300 to replace and now the DMD has failed. i paid $1600 for it already spent $300 on an MPU board bringing me up to $1900. i dont really care to keep this game permanently so i don't want to be upside down on its value. add another roughly $200 for a DMD that brings the total invested to $2100. if someone came and offered me a space shuttle, black hole, or pinbot it would be gone already. i am less upset when i spend money on a classic williams, they are games i am unlikely to sell.

Quoted from Pinfidel:

Ohhh Yeahhhh, yeah yeahhhhh 10 times after every ball drain gets annoying after a while

i couldnt agree with that statement any more. hearing that annoys me, i just drained a ball. highly irritating

#11 9 years ago

if i fix WWF i will be at $2100 total which includes purchase of the game for $1,600 and the repairs. i dont want to be upside down in value too much. if it was my firepower, bride of pinbot, or high speed i really wouldnt care if i was upside down... of course i dont really plan on selling those anytime soon

#12 9 years ago

your going to have a hard time moving a WWF for $1600. But you are in NY so who knows. Around here, even minty ones usually don't get anywhere around that. Seems to fall in the baywatch pit. Where you can't give the things away regardless of condition.

but Hook is worth even less. Last one I had was minty and put on ebay, sold for $740. Fully working, fully shopped, nice cabinet and playfield. Was a couple of years ago, but still. Nobody seems to want the game. I'd stay with WWF, unless your really sick of it and put a lot of time in on hook.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

This is not right. They are not 2000-2500 all day long.
Are you getting cash + Hook for your WWF or are you talking straight up trade?
I got tired of hook very quickly and I am a big fan of simple rules.

OK maybe not $2500 but 2 sold at Allentown this year for low 2...s

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

OK maybe not $2500 but 2 sold at Allentown this year for low 2...s

Doubt they had 2 uniformed buyers. they might have had a 2k price on them, but that doesn't mean that's what they sold for. 84% of the time at shows, the games are sold for much less than stated on the FS sign. Especially on load out day, when nobody wants to take the shit back home.

#15 9 years ago

I'm biased since I own WWF and I've only played Hook on location but I would never make that trade unless you are convinced that you really want Hook.

#16 9 years ago

Then it sounds like a good idea to trade it. Hook looks great with LEDs in it and the artwork is great (no Robin Williams is a huge plus). It does have some fun shots but the rules are not very balanced. My wife really liked it as it is very easy to start multiball. Make just the flippers are strong as the Windcoaster ramp needs to some power to make.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

your going to have a hard time moving a WWF for $1600. But you are in NY so who knows. Around here, even minty ones usually don't get anywhere around that. Seems to fall in the Baywatch pit. Where you can't give the things away regardless of condition.
but Hook is worth even less. Last one I had was minty and put on ebay, sold for $740. Fully working, fully shopped, nice cabinet and playfield. Was a couple of years ago, but still. Nobody seems to want the game. I'd stay with WWF, unless your really sick of it and put a lot of time in on hook.

I'd disagree with this. I know of 3 in the Maryland-PA area that sold in the $1800-$2K range during the last 6 months. I think that range is probably pretty spot on.

#18 9 years ago

i have a friend that i deal with pinball stuff with. he has a brand new never used DMD display he is going to sell me for $120. its going to get fixed tomorrow. i hope this is the last of the repairs, this thing has been a royal rumble pain in the neck.

#19 9 years ago

It's no fun when you have a machine hit the crapper...can really be a total turn off to a title

#20 9 years ago

a machine that hit the crapper multiple times. i have 4 other games and have HAD no board or display failures in any of them. sure i have replaced other things.... new backglass for high-speed BUT that wasnt a failure i just made the game look better. i bought LED's, a rubber ring kit, a flipper rebuild kit, and an upper play-field ramp for jokerz but then again those weren't failures. so far i have only bought remote mount battery holders for bride of pinbot and firepower..... this just prevents expensive failures like WWF experienced. what really pisses me off is that WWF had battery acid leaking in its past, someone repaired the board but it failed again. they had cleaned it up well enough that to the untrained eye (me, it was only my second machine, im getting wiser now) nothing had ever happened. i had no idea there was something wrong until it failed less then a month later. i was easily fooled. in fact i assumed that there wasnt anything wrong with the game as it played well at the time of purchase. i bet the acid was never fully removed and it festered after a few more weeks.

#21 9 years ago

now i have it in my head that williams machines are made far better and that all data east are lemons.... i know that's not true but that's what i end up thinking after a series of failures. my two favorite games in my collection are firepower and high-speed. you couldnt pry those away from me, lol

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from ad356:

my two favorite games in my collection are firepower and high-speed. you couldnt pry those away from me, lol

Never a reason to get rid of HS; all time classic.

#23 9 years ago

I have passed on more than one WWFRR in ohio around 1500 because i am waiting on a better deal...

I really do want one though =D, im patient.

#24 9 years ago

Bunch of haters. Hook is a great game. I'd take it over RR any day.

#25 9 years ago

i want more classics.... i like the newer stuff because it keeps pinball alive, but i wouldnt own one. i dont consider WWF to be a timeless classic. its an OK game but it doesnt really fit in with the rest of my williams. i want a pinbot, space shuttle, f14 tomcat, black hole, i could think of more. these games i just mentioned are great, classic fun

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from ad356:

now i have it in my head that williams machines are made far better and that all data east are lemons.... i know that's not true but that's what i end up thinking after a series of failures. my two favorite games in my collection are firepower and high-speed. you couldnt pry those away from me, lol

LOL... just wait until you own a Williams lemon. It's equally frustrating.

#27 9 years ago

Hook is so clunky and bad.......

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from ad356:

i want more classics.... i like the newer stuff because it keeps pinball alive, but i wouldnt own one. i dont consider WWF to be a timeless classic. its an OK game but it doesnt really fit in with the rest of my williams. i want a pinbot, Space Shuttle, f14 tomcat, black hole, i could think of more. these games i just mentioned are great, classic fun

I can see this. I traded my WWF Royal Rumble for a Doctor Who. While I miss it, it still doesn't compare to DW. Good Luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-my-data-east-wwf-for-a-data-east-hook and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.