(Topic ID: 131547)

Trade my Addams Family for Metallica Pro??

By pindude80

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150626_1839271.jpg
IMG_20150626_1839101.jpg
IMG_20150626_1838561.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hello, I have been going back and forth in my mind if I would want to trade my TAF for a Metallica Pro. For about the past two months I have been wanting a Metallica Pro very badly. I have a TAF that I like pretty well, but don't play anymore. I played the living heck out of it for the first few months I had it and I probably only turn it on about 6x a year now.

I haven't priced a TAF in a while so I'm not even sure how fair of a trade it would be for either party. My TAF is pretty nice for a non-HUO game. I would call it a nice previously routed game. The main things about it are no magnet burn, no planking and the mansion is pretty nice, but it does have a few small black lines around the "windows" that is missing. Also the cabinet is pretty decent with only a little white showing through on the decals around the flipper buttons.

If I had my way I would keep the TAF and just buy a MET, but I don't have the funds to do that now and probably won't for about three months and don't know if I can hold out that long without getting a Metallica

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

I would think mine is pretty comparable in shape to this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21513

I don't have new plastics or ramps though, but mine are pretty decent.

#3 8 years ago

Go for the Metallica - if you're only turning on TAF 6x a year you're obviously not that into it anymore. You can always pick one up again if you miss it...

#4 8 years ago

First off, did someone offer you a trade? Otherwise this is an academic discussion at best.
If you can find someone who will trade their MET PRO for your unrestored TAF, then go for it.
But, i think the chances are slim; unless TRADE + $$$. Maybe if it was fully restored, then it would be close.

MET PRO is about what new $8500 (Used slightly less, maybe $7500-8K)? TAF fully restored somewhere around $6500-8000.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

MET PRO is about what new $8500 (Used slightly less, maybe $7500-8K)? TAF fully restored somewhere around $6500-8000.

MET Pro is still being made and is 4600-4800 depending on your dist..

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

MET Pro is still being made and is 4600-4800 depending on your dist..

Yes, this is the correct price. The $7500+ is probably what the premiums bring; don't know because I haven't priced them.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Johnc1983:

Go for the Metallica - if you're only turning on TAF 6x a year you're obviously not that into it anymore. You can always pick one up again if you miss it...

Kind of my thoughts also, especially on getting another one. The only reason I'm reluctant to let it go is because TAF is the first game that I played as a kid and what got me back into pinball, I would like to keep it in my collection, but then again I've turned into more of a pinball hobbyist than a Addams Family pinball hobbyist if that makes any sense.

And I'm not sure what mine is worth.

#8 8 years ago

I had both and TAF didn't last five months. It just became a chore to play. I've had MET pro a year and a half and I like it as much or more than ever. MET>TAF final answer.

#9 8 years ago

Ops... Sorry, I was thinking Prem. My mistake. That's what i get for drinking in the morning. My appologies.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

First off, did someone offer you a trade? Otherwise this is an academic discussion at best.
If you can find someone who will trade their MET PRO for your unrestored TAF, then go for it.
But, i think the chances are slim; unless TRADE + $$$. Maybe if it was fully restored, then it would be close.

Brian, I will sell you my Metallica for 8k with free shipping!!

#11 8 years ago

I see TZ is also on your wish list. I think TAF is a great game, but TZ is better in every way. I would trade your TAF for a TZ then buy a MET pro in three months when you can afford it.

I got a NIB Met pro last week. Would definitely put it in Stern's best 5 games they've ever put out. Phenomenal.

#12 8 years ago

I think it wld be a even trade if u can find someone to do it . Or just sell Addams and then buy a met may be your best bet

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Kind of my thoughts also, especially on getting another one. The only reason I'm reluctant to let it go is because TAF is the first game that I played as a kid and what got me back into pinball, I would like to keep it in my collection, but then again I've turned into more of a pinball hobbyist than a Addams Family pinball hobbyist if that makes any sense.
And I'm not sure what mine is worth.

You are not selling the memories of TAF, keep those, you are selling a game that reminds you of another game you played growing up. You did not play this particular TAF growing up. Right?

I would sell the TAF and buy a NIB MET and get it delivered. The chances of you finding a local trade will be difficult, the MET owner will value his HUo MET Pro with 800 plays at $4400 and owner will want to add a lot on for mods, so sell TAF and get a NIB delivered for $4700 new before it is gone. If you miss TAF then get one again down the road.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I see TZ is also on your wish list. I think TAF is a great game, but TZ is better in every way. I would trade your TAF for a TZ then buy a MET pro in three months when you can afford it.
I got a NIB Met pro last week. Would definitely put it in Stern's best 5 games they've ever put out. Phenomenal.

I've always thought about that trade also, but I think I would have to put quite a bit of money down to grab a TZ unless someone were looking to trade for a TAF plus I'm pheening for a Metallica!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think it wld be a even trade if u can find someone to do it . Or just sell Addams and then buy a met may be your best bet

I'm thinking it would be close to an even trade also maybe a little money for MET if it was modded and mods that I like.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Brian, I will sell you my Metallica for 8k with free shipping!!

What a deal! Ok, I'm a bloody idiot... I was looking at the Premiums and LE's; and just didnt snap. Sorry...

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You are not selling the memories of TAF, keep those, you are selling a game that reminds you of another game you played growing up. You did not play this particular TAF growing up. Right?

This is true and no, it's not the exact one I played when I was younger.

Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would sell the TAF and buy a NIB MET and get it delivered. The chances of you finding a local trade will be difficult, the MET owner will value his HUo MET Pro with 800 plays at $4400 and owner will want to add a lot on for mods, so sell TAF and get a NIB delivered for $4700 new before it is gone. If you miss TAF then get one again down the road.

I have one or two local that might be interested in a trading, but I'm not 100% on those yet. If I can't do a trade I may just keep TAF for now and save up and buy the MET in a few months, if I can hold off that long, when I have the money saved up. I think Stern will be running MET Pro through the end of the year, but as is a lot with Stern the info hasn't been released when they will stop making it and the end of the year is just speculation.

#18 8 years ago

I guess my next question is if I do decide to outright sell my TAF to fund the MET what is a decent un-restored TAF like mine worth? I know it may be hard to say a price without pictures, but I don't have access to any pics right now.

#19 8 years ago

Need pics of Addams but most sell for 4500-5k

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Need pics of Addams but most sell for 4500-5k

That's what I was thinking, in pretty much the same shape as the link I posted of the other one I found for sale.

#21 8 years ago

We were talking value of my game and some people said they needed to see pics, so I snapped a few off when I got home from work. What do you guys think she's worth?

IMG_20150626_1838561.jpgIMG_20150626_1838561.jpg

IMG_20150626_1839101.jpgIMG_20150626_1839101.jpg

IMG_20150626_1839271.jpgIMG_20150626_1839271.jpg

#22 8 years ago

If you don't play it might as well get something you will play. Memories are great but no reason to be stuck in the past. TAF should be easy to sell and easy to buy again if you ever want it back. I don't pricing that well but seems like it would be even trade territory at least.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If you don't play it might as well get something you will play. Memories are great but no reason to be stuck in the past. TAF should be easy to sell and easy to buy again if you ever want it back. I don't pricing that well but seems like it would be even trade territory at least.

Yeah I always think would like having it in my collection and fun to play it every now and again, but I don't have enough money to play that game, literally!

I'm thinking even trade give or take a little also, but haven't really watched the market on this title.

#24 8 years ago

Interesting topic because I have been contemplating getting rid of the met pro for a Taf. I have wanted to get one since getting into collecting machines a couple years ago. If anybody is thinking about getting a met and dropping a TAF in colorado let me know.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

Interesting topic because I have been contemplating getting rid of the met pro for a Taf. I have wanted to get one since getting into collecting machines a couple years ago. If anybody is thinking about getting a met and dropping a TAF in colorado let me know.

Both super fun games in my opinion. I had a lot of fun with my TAF. Too bad we aren't closer or it sounds like it would be a done deal!

#26 8 years ago

Your TAF looks mighty fine, it should sell easy around 5000. I sold mine fast last year (about a week on craigslist) at 4700 that was near as nice as yours to fund a SM and couldn't be happier.
I just all ways got frustrated and angry playing TAF and it had to go.
MET is great, but I do agree with Taygeta on the TZ on your wishlist as it's my all time favorite.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Your TAF looks mighty fine, it should sell easy around 5000. I sold mine fast last year (about a week on craigslist) at 4700 that was near as nice as yours to fund a SM and couldn't be happier.
I just all ways got frustrated and angry playing TAF and it had to go.
MET is great, but I do agree with Taygeta on the TZ on your wishlist as it's my all time favorite.

Thanks, I think it is a pretty nice TAF example for a non-restored game. That's good to hear on the sale of yours at a week or under.

I never really got frustrated with TAF other than knowing the game inside out like the back of my hand. I do REALLY like TZ and would be interested in it or a GNR, but I have MET on the brain for now, not saying I wouldn't take either of the previously mentioned.

#30 8 years ago

Seems to be a fair amount of interest/PMs since I posted pics, might have to make an official FS/trade thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-my-addams-family-for-metallica-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.