Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Who would do this? Say a WD prem for a Met prem for 6 months? Is there anyone that does this kind of thing already?

#2 8 years ago

Yes. People temp trade. I have one guy's TZ and another guy's CP right now.

#3 8 years ago

I've even been asked if I would "store" games for people when they ran out of room.

#4 8 years ago

I have done trades with several people. Great way to try a different game and to keep your own games from getting stale. When you get them back some months down the road, it is a lot if fun to get back up to speed playing them.

#5 8 years ago

A pinsider and I did this not long ago, for about 3 months. It's fun to play a different game for an extended amount of time especially if it's a machine you might not consider buying. The only downside was several hours of moving machines around and the possibly that something or someone will get injured in the process, but I guess that goes without saying.

#6 8 years ago

What happens if somebody F's your machine up...you get it back with scratches it didn't have, etc.? I'd be pissed.

#7 8 years ago

Well, I would only do this with a select few people I trusted. Also, I wouldn't do it with my CQ LTBR but I would have no issues with another title in less than perfect shape.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

What happens if somebody F's your machine up...you get it back with scratches it didn't have, etc.? I'd be pissed.

You should only trade with someone you know, don't trade a trophy game, and expect a little bit of risk because your game is probably going to get played more than you currently play it.

#9 8 years ago

Well, that's the problem, then. I don't have any machines I would consider a player. I took a lot of pride making all of them look as brand new as possible. Even ball trails make me nuts.

#10 8 years ago

Sure do. Its great, you get new games while not risking ones you still like

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

ball trails make me nuts.

There's a joke in there somewhere!

#12 8 years ago

Make sure it is with a good friend. Put restrictions such as not bringing your game to show or something if that sort of thing bothers you.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

such as not bringing your game to show

I would assume (or hope, at least) that would be a given lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-for-a-period-of-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.