Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by StevenP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

First off, let me give you a little background. I only have room for two pinball machines.
Currently I have a TAF and JD. I have been thinking about trading in my JD plus a few
dollars (ok more than a few) for a MM.

The question is would you do it?

As a bonus question: I was wondering if anyone regretted buying a MM?

Thanks for your help and advice.

#2 11 years ago

Depends on how much $$$ is... but I'd say do it!

#3 11 years ago

JD isn't even in the same class as MM in terms of value. I love JD and would prefer it to MM because I can play MM in just about any pinball arcade i walk into. (Seriously, all but one i have visited have it). NOBODY has judge dredd. I have only played it once at a convention.

MM is fantastic. It's just so widely available in so many formats, both digitally and physically, that I would hold off and keep the unique JD.

In FACT... I would be more inclined to trade TAF + cash for MM. But that's just me.

#4 11 years ago

Dude, for the amount more money you would need, just keep the JD and get MM. It's only going to help you with about a thousand dollars. Then 9 more? nine thousand and ten thousand isn't much difference.

#5 11 years ago

Someone who has a MM would most likely not be interested in trading for a JD. So most likely you will need to sell the JD, add a lot more cash, and then buy a MM.

If I were in your situation where you have room for only 2 games, I would definitely get rid of JD, and replace it with another A List title. I really like MM, so I would say do it if you have the money.

#6 11 years ago

Finding someone with a MM willing to make that trade will be the challenge. I won't say it would be impossible, especially since I did that same thing, just with a CV instead of a MM. Anything is possible. My problem was I missed JD so much I had to buy a different one, but it's much easier (and cheaper obviously) to buy another JD than it is to get a MM (or the CV in my case). So if it helps you get a grail pin, go for it.

Both great games. I personally prefer Dredd (yea...I said that), but if the trade opportunity is there, do it and replace JD later if needed.

#7 11 years ago

I agree with others. Sell the JD and then go after a MM but you will need a good size bank roll!

#8 11 years ago

MM has skyrocketed in price.

#9 11 years ago

When i saw this thread, I assumed you were looking for a mm owner who is also a chump. For that reason alone, i would not contact you if i saw your ad.

The only single pin plus cash offer i would entertain for my mm would be Monster Bash. I don't want to own any of the other $5K plus A listers.

#10 11 years ago

I definitely don't see a trade like this happening unless the seller really dislikes MM.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The only single pin plus cash offer i would entertain for my mm would be Monster Bash.

It's more fun to own both at the same time.

#12 11 years ago

For sure, I traded my lotr and cash for my mm and have zero regrets.

#13 11 years ago

sold two pins and stretched to buy MM on its way up. (not top but high dollar)
ZERO REGRETS

If anyone will do that trade jump on it.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

...It's only going to help you with about a thousand dollars. Then 9 more? nine thousand and ten thousand isn't much difference.

With AFM reaching the $10k mark, the days of $10k MM are over. They are going towards $15k now

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

They are going towards $15k now

I wouldn't even sell mine for $15k....well maybe who knows if the cash was in front of my face?? Mine is a top to bottom restore though and is a beauty. I will say $10k AFM's are usually very very nice machines or restoration. Good players machines are still out there for $5000k and up just harder and harder to find. Good player MM I would say $7-8k from what I have seen but again good luck finding one!

All that said, gl in your search for your MM.

#16 11 years ago

You might have an easier time trading the TAF + $

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I agree with others. Sell the JD and then go after a MM but you will need a good size bank roll!

^^^^^this^^^^^

#18 11 years ago

JD is the better game. You could have 5-6 of them for the cost of a MM, and MM will get very repetitive in a two machine collection. MUCH more to do in JD.

#19 11 years ago

Thanks for the great advice. I appreciate everyone's opinion and perspecitive.

#20 11 years ago

I don't realistically see anyone trading a MM down to a JD + cash unless you basically gave them the JD which is a bad idea. Just sell it out right and purchase MM outright if you really want one.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from gdeleon:

Someone who has a MM would most likely not be interested in trading for a JD. So most likely you will need to sell the JD, add a lot more cash, and then buy a MM.

I agree completely. I figure if anyone has MM at home... they probably already have JD if they ever wanted one.

#22 11 years ago

Yep, sell want ever you're willing to part with and just buy a MM outright. The beauty of buying a MM,is the fact that you can (at least in this market) get your money right back out of it. It is a no risk purchase if it turns out that it's not a keeper. I know, because I went down this exact same road a year and a half ago.

#23 11 years ago

It's still a risk if the market changes . And it probably will. Cabbage Patch Kids, Beanie Babies, stocks in the 2000's, pinball machines....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-for-a-jd-for-a-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.