Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Yesterday, I had a guy offer me his cherry 1997 BMW E36 M3 two door 6-speed manual for all of my pins. Guy didn't even send me pics of the car I requested, and I denied his offer proudly. Anyone had some crazy trade offers for your pins??

#2 10 years ago

Guessing it looked like this maybe?

#3 10 years ago

I will trade you my 1990 Cutlass Ciera with 190,000 miles on it for all of your pins. It's a real piece of junk body wise, but man is she a runner. Bet you could get another 190,000 out of it.
    Better let me know quickly though. Some guy already wants to trade me his CCC and his BBB.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I will trade you my 1990 Cutlass Ciera with 190,000 miles on it for all of your pins. It's a real piece of junk body wise, but man is she a runner. Bet you could get another 190,000 out of it.Better let me know quickly though. Some guy already wants to trade me his CCC and his BBB.

Not happening

#5 10 years ago

Damn! Denied again! I wouldn't trade either. You have VERY fun games!

#6 10 years ago

Let's see... I get offers of aquariums, trampolines, music gear, and dirt bikes a lot. (So much so, that I used to put a line in my Craigslist ads informing the reader to not bother with trying to trade those specific items with me.)

#7 10 years ago

someone offer me their BBH + cash for my TDK

#8 10 years ago

One guy on our local auction site kept offering a rolex "worth twice as much as your pin" to a lot of sellers for a while and at the same time another tire kicker kept asking everyone for a shipping quote. Got to a stage where a few people listed their pins and added not interested in any rolex's and a shipping companies number, then a few copycat joke offers were being made, donky kong game n watch was one I remember, would have jumped on that one myself.

#9 10 years ago

I was recently offered a quad for one of my pins. Tempted, but denied!

#10 10 years ago

Compromise and give him half of one pin.

#11 10 years ago

I remember a couple years ago someone was offered a bunch of weed for their Dr. Dude out in California.

#12 10 years ago

I was offered a choice between a tractor or a snowmobile for one of my pins.. seeing how I live in a condo and have no use for either I respectfully declined.

#13 10 years ago

I placed a CL ad for a JD I was selling earlier this year. First day, someone offered me his comics collection straight up for the machine. Second day, I got an offer from someone who wanted to trade me their drum set - still don't get why someone would just assume that I played the drums. Later that week, another person offered a lawnmower and a cappuccino machine plus cash. I was thinking about removing the add but a day later it sold.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I was recently offered a quad for one of my pins. Tempted, but denied!

I did this about 8 months ago with a Space Jam....Traded for a quad for my kid. Had about $700 in the game, got a $1500 quad. I could have sold game and bought a quad but it worked out for both of us.

#15 10 years ago

Had someone offer me a motorcycle for my TZ recently.

#16 10 years ago

I am sure that BMW in that video has s blown airbag.... Look close at the steering wheel. I wouldn't traded that wreck for an old bingo machine...

#17 10 years ago

kwiki, you don't drive, do you? That would have been a strange trade indeed.

#18 10 years ago

I think that car is probably only worth about 9k. Your collection is worth about 13.

#19 10 years ago

Back when I was selling my Roadshow I was offered two sleeves of tattoos and any body piercings i wanted...

#20 10 years ago

The problem with a trading a car for a pin is that most modern cars are easy to get and can be found simply by using craigslist, ebay autotrader etc.

Pins on the other hand take quite a bit of effort to find what you want and acquire at a fair price.

A rare car for a pin/pins? I can see it, but a 97 m3 is not rare, nor is it really that great.

#21 10 years ago

I traded a car ('78 280z) for my players quality IJ on Craigslist. Put in my car ad that I wanted cash or a IJ.. And oddly I got a bite on the IJ before cash. Worked out well for me, got the impression the other guy may not of really known what he was getting into (that old = hobby).. Imagine he sold it shortly after

#22 10 years ago

Depending on the miles it's about a 6k car, so I don't know why he wasn't more aggressive, would've been a steal for him.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

kwiki, you don't drive, do you? That would have been a strange trade indeed.

No I don't due to my autism.

#24 10 years ago

Some guy just called me yesterday asking if I wanted to trade my Tron and AC/DC for a whirlpool hot tub. Couldn't get off the phone fast enough.

1 month later
    #25 10 years ago

Had another crazy trade offer.....

Guy offered me about 20 different Simpsons episode scripts for TSPP.

Denied the offer with ease.

#26 10 years ago

I will gladly trade you a cheeseburger today for your Shadow tomorrow.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I will gladly trade you a cheeseburger today for your Shadow tomorrow.

If I had a Hardbody, I would accept that trade.

#28 10 years ago

I've received 20 emails offering me vacation rentals for games over the years.

#29 10 years ago

Someone offered to trade me a sixties mustang for my transformers yesterday. Not only did I think it was a scam I am not huge mustang guy. Got a chuckle out of it.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Someone offered to trade me a sixties mustang for my transformers yesterday. Not only did I think it was a scam I am not huge mustang guy. Got a chuckle out of it.

Probably going to sell TF to fund the new Stern Mustang.

#31 10 years ago

I've never got any wild trade offers, but I'm always amazed when people come over or hear how many I have they ask "which ones are for sale", as if there must be some I would sell. It's like a shocker every time for each of them when the answer is none.

#32 10 years ago

A guy had offered me his mail order bride for two machines.

He didn't think she was picking up the language as quickly as she should and her parents wouldn't take her back.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Was she attractive?

#34 10 years ago

I once got a offer to trade a game for a car that did look like a hot dog... (He did call and suggested this trade!)
    He did also offer a tintin red spaceship to have in the garden... (huge!)

Well he was a artist.

And no i didnt do the trade !

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

He didn't think she was picking up the language as quickly as she should and her parents wouldn't take her back.

Get the f out?! How is that even possible, would you have to instantly marry her?

God I feel bad for girls in these countries.... reduced to the value of two pins...

#36 10 years ago

Some jackass came into my shop one time and offered a bunch of autographed sports memorabilia for games. As I kept turning him down, his story got more and more involved (I live next to this guy, I watch this guy's kid). After turning him down like 5 times, he said something to the effect of "ok, last chance," to which I said "ok bye!"

-Mike

#37 10 years ago

I was offered a broken ATV or 80's truck for my waterworld....

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

same guy that now has his mustang on our local CL for trade for an AC/DC?

#39 10 years ago

Also had a mattress offered.....

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Also had a mattress offered.....

Was it HUO? Any mods?

#41 10 years ago

For some reason everyone on CL likes to try to trade guns for my pinballs.

No thanks dude, I don't want your murder weapon.

#42 10 years ago

Some jackass came into my shop one time and offered a bunch of autographed sports memorabilia for games. As I kept turning him down, his story got more and more involved (I live next to this guy, I watch this guy's kid). After turning him down like 5 times, he said something to the effect of "ok, last chance," to which I said "ok bye!"
    -Mike

I did trade a bunch of sports memorabilia for a minty No Fear. We were both very happy with the trade.

#43 10 years ago

That damned red paperclip stunt is responsible for all of this, mark my words!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_red_paperclip

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Was she attractive?

Not too shabby.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

Get the f out?! How is that even possible, would you have to instantly marry her?
    God I feel bad for girls in these countries.... reduced to the value of two pins...

Hey, wait a minute. One machine was a perfect 2007 SM tastefully modded with SR side rails. That is nothing to sneeze at.

There are some women that I would not accept for free unless two A titles were included with them.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveO:

I did trade a bunch of sports memorabilia for a minty No Fear. We were both very happy with the trade.

I wouldn't have been totally against it, but this guy smelled of cheesy leather backed books and rich mahogany the whole way. I didn't want to do any kind of business with him.

#46 10 years ago

I wouldn't have been totally against it, but this guy smelled of cheesy leather backed books and rich mahogany the whole way. I didn't want to do any kind of business with him.

No interest in his first edition Balzac?

#47 10 years ago

Always put "Interesting trades considered" in your ads.

#48 10 years ago

Some trade offers from CL on my JP a year back. Copied and pasted directly from the emails.

1. open to any gutiar trades?
    2. Hi, I would love to tattoo you for it my name is (Censored) and I own (Censored) TATTOO STUDIO ---PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING SOON LOOKING AT OTHER ALSO!
    3. I have some WWII items I am looking to sell or willing to trade I have four WWII japanese katanas, a japanese silk prayer flag and a couple of WWII military Waltham watches. Please let me know if you are interested.
    4. I am a dentist and was wanting to know if you would be willing to trade for dental services.

Number 4 is my favorite. Not making fun of these people, simply interesting offers.

#49 10 years ago

fattrain, you are in the wrong part of the country. Guns can be a great trade. Here in rural PA guns are like cash. Also many people are trying to trade old family guns they have had forever (or inherited so it cost them nothing and has little value to them). Some are worth far more than the pinball game I am trying to sell/trade.

After you burn out on moving pins it is a treat be able to just move a gun.

Also most guns have a very established value and grading system. If you are at all familiar with them you can figure out what the market value is very accurately. Far less debatable compared to a pin.

Don't be dumb about the trade, go through a gun dealer and pay to have the transfer done. You don't want a stolen gun.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

willing to trade for dental services.

Thats ridiculous! lol

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-denied and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.