2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

So I have pinball capital in a Theatre of Magic, but I think we are ready to trade for a modern generation machine. The boss (wife) has blessed this transaction under the condition of not a single extra dollar spent, so it must be an even Steven trade. My boys and I are looking at Iron Maiden Pro and Avengers IQ Pro. What else do we need to look at in this price range ($6-6.5k)? Will I regret trading away this DMD classic?

#2 2 years ago

I sold mine a while ago and while I sometimes miss it and all its incredibly unique elements (and the fact that it’s a gorgeous looking game), I started getting bored with its simple modes and sold mine to fund a more modern game.
    No regrets.

#3 2 years ago

Since you don’t already have a modern Stern, either of the two you suggested are great choices if they are themes you like. Pins are hard to come but these days, so maybe look for both and jump on the first one that becomes available.

#4 2 years ago

You could sell the ToM and purchase either Pro for cheaper than the price of ToM which is silly but true.

#5 2 years ago

I sold my beautiful TOM last year and used the money to buy a Stern JP premium for $200 less than I sold the TOM for. Nice examples of these older pins are getting harder to find so their value is really climbing. Never regretted it cause the new JP is a great pin.

#6 2 years ago

I own both Iron Maiden and Avengers IQ pros…they are both pinball masterpieces in my opinion. No matter which one you get you will not look back. Both have deep excellent software and original playfield layouts.
    The Iron Maiden will be easy to pick up for your kids rules wise, but very hard to finish. The Avengers comic book theme will probably appeal to them more, but the software is quite complicated at first approach, with moving gems around, as well as defending them. I had a near perfect game to finish the 5 Wizard modes.
    You can’t go wrong with a Keith Elwin pin, best player and amazing designer.
    Great luck with your search!

#7 2 years ago

ToM is love, ToM is life. Never sell it!
    Mine is bolted to the floor.

#8 2 years ago

No you will not regret it, your boys will thank you. Iron Maiden Pro and Avengers IQ Pro are the better players.

#9 2 years ago

Final verdict is that it stays. It was a grail-ish acquisition that I will never get again in its current condition. Also, the wife says I need to be more social and just go out to the arcade if I want to play the new games. She's right

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from dq13:

Final verdict is that it stays. It was a grail-ish acquisition that I will never get again in its current condition. Also, the wife says I need to be more social and just go out to the arcade if I want to play the new games. She's right

We have a very nice one too, wifes favorite game, only one we've owned twice and that she's ever bought herself. It'll be one of the last ones to go when we finally downsize.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-away-theatre-of-magic-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.