64%
  • It depends 11 votes
    12%

(95 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PF-to-Plastics-Nude-Compare2 (resized).jpg
38kdp3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 4 years ago

owned both....remakes are my preference....I'll take new with AFMRLE with the large color display, and awesome interactive topper all day long. Just a more enjoyable experience for most who have played my games. That being said there is and always will be a pinball "purists" market who will always prefer original so nice examples of these games will always hold pretty good value. Anyone who tells you an original shoots better than the remake is full of it....

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I must be full of it.
I do think the original ( a nice original of course ) , just plays better.
Same with MMR.
Played 5 different MMR and a nice original just felt better.
But, hey, we all like different things!

Most games play different, but to say one plays better than the other is a stretch....I had a restored MM and MMRLE sitting next to each other for a year and they both felt a little different, but played exactly the same...for me I choose new versus old...it was that simple....

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Go remake, and you might get one with that super duper new clearcote most manufacturers are now using.

to my knowledge there haven't been any remake play field issues....I think your thinking of JJP and Stern

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Don't make me dig, but yeah man. Chipping and peeling.
Not to mention those playfields that you could barely read the ink and their solution was to send out a cheap plastic diffuser. lol And the ones that got tomahawked by the slingshots because they were installed wrong so they sent out the wrong plunger to compensate for that. Several of those customers were super happy too.

this was not a common occurrence as u would like to lead others to believe....its pinball if u look hard enough you'll find something thats not perfect.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not trying to lead anybody to believe anything that I didn't see pictures of or read posted here. I never said it was common or not, just that it happened, and it wasn't in each case an isolated incident.
If it wasn't a common issue and only happened to a few then why did CGC basically tell those people to pound sand? On what they advertised as being a collectable item for home use. Especially after how long those with deposits down waited patiently to get them.

No idea....never heard of the issue....all 3 of my LE's have played flawlessly.....the only play field issue i heard about on AFM was some were claiming the colors were off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-afm-original-for-remake?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.