• Rocky & bullwinkle 18 votes
    43%

(42 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

228994c868731087cfe3dc1df8fd0120123d109f.jpg
20210221_152605 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Looking for advice for the better pin that sits beside a demolition man.

I currently have a clean, fast and low play R&B, but been offered a nascar even for it.

I dont mind the theme as i am a car nut. The multiball music is fine to terrible, but i read the smaller pf area is noticible and wonder how it will suit up beside a widebody.

Im also partial to Nascars appeal if i want to trade it out later...

I am looking for a game with depth and read nascar has that and most importantly, many pinsiders say its a fun game getting past the theme.

I like r&b and its in rrally nice shape, but i mainly play it like a sys11 and hit ramp to ramp, get multiball and just go for jackpota.

Dmd animations on r&b are a lot nicer than nascsr.
I like the novelty of ghe animated bg in r&b, but mainly as a testament to pinballs past.

Both gamea are priced really similar in pinside.

#2 3 years ago

Dump the demo man!

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Dump the demo man!

For the right trade or cash offer, i would.

Its hovering around a $6k-$6500 in the toronto market...

#4 3 years ago

In my opinion NASCAR/Gran Prix is one of the most underrated pins out there, I wish I still had mine, it’s a heap of fun an great for players of all skill levels to have a good time, it’s easy to understand for beginners to get into modes an multiballs and challenging for more advanced players to get to the wizard modes. There’s a lot going for it. Very good game.

#5 3 years ago

You seem to be over-thinking it. You've been on pinside for 3 years, you know pinball. You've probably watched videos and such and studied up on this on your own. If you're asking random strangers what they think, you're going to get a mixed bag of replies that really won't help you.

Is it local? Can you drive over and play it first and then decide? Can you search for a different Stern Nascar that's local that you can play instead? I would do that if I were you. If you have fun, do the deal. If not, pass and look for something else.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You seem to be over-thinking it. You've been on pinside for 3 years, you know pinball. You've probably watched videos and such and studied up on this on your own. If you're asking random strangers what they think, you're going to get a mixed bag of replies that really won't help you.
Is it local? Can you drive over and play it first and then decide? Can you search for a different Stern Nascar that's local that you can play instead? I would do that if I were you. If you have fun, do the deal. If not, pass and look for something else.

Pinball is supposed to be fun, but lately ive been keen to the resale, desirability, etc etc basically after 3 yrs in the hobby of slowly moving from sys11 to dmd era games I've been staging my acquisition decisions on keeping future options open.

Overthinking it? Story of my life... lol

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

For the right trade or cash offer, i would.

If I decide to sell my collection is it recommended that i rent a big box truck drive to Canada and sell em outta the back of the truck. Because at those prices I'm willing.

Surprisingly I love the nascar I picked up. Enough so that I bought a color dmd. Never owned a RnB but I'd like to one day.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

If I decide to sell my collection is it recommended that i rent a big box truck drive to Canada and sell em outta the back of the truck. Because at those prices I'm willing.
Surprisingly I love the nascar I picked up. Enough so that I bought a color dmd. Never owned a RnB but I'd like to one day.

You wont even need to, most of the seasoned collectors/profiteers will ambush you with emails, phonecalls and offers of shipping games via day and ross - got pics, its good enough.

Entry point for a dmd game up here is $4500. And thats for a LW3.

The snaking up here to get to a game at a lowish price, is like a dragnet of guys waiting in vans ready and willing.

#9 3 years ago

I’ve played a lot of both. Both fun games but NASCAR is difficult to maintain, especially the car in the center that you keep bashing.

#10 3 years ago

I prefer Nascar

#11 3 years ago

NASCAR is much better game both layout and rules wise IMO. I am not a racing fan and I really enjoyed mine when I had it. 11 modes, a few different multiballs, two wizard modes and the garage adds a bash toy and scoop into the playfield. I really do miss mine, I think its a super underrated game. I'd do that trade in a second.

#12 3 years ago

I agree. Nascar is one of the few games I wish I had back. One of the best shooting games I’ve played. And really fun rules.

Unfortunately it’s got a theme that most people can’t get into.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I agree. Nascar is one of the few games I wish I had back. One of the best shooting games I’ve played. And really fun rules.
Unfortunately it’s got a theme that most people can’t get into.

NASCAR is a perfect example of the "millions of people like it, it's a perfect pinball theme!" theory we see over and over again in the "Why doesn't Lady Gaga or Rhianna have a pinball machine?!" threads.

Just because a lot of people like or are aware of something doesn't mean it's gonna be a profitable pinball theme. NASCAR is fucking huge as a sport and has a gigantic fanbase, and the game sold ass.

Which is exactly what would happen with a Justin Beiber game.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NASCAR is a perfect example of the "millions of people like it, it's a perfect pinball theme!" theory we see over and over again in the "Why doesn't Lady Gaga or Rhianna have a pinball machine?!" threads. .
Which is exactly what would happen with a Justin Beiber game.

Well..

We did get led zeppelin..... was anyone really asking for it?

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Well..
We did get led zeppelin..... was anyone really asking for it?

I’d assume zep is selling well like all other rock themes. Doesn’t really matter if anybody is asking for it.
Nobody ever asked for an Elvis game and that one sold great!

#16 3 years ago

Keep the R&B. You can always find a NASCAR if you really want one and for a reasonable price. While I enjoyed playing the game, NASCAR didn't earn well and needed much more maintenance than the average pin. Car is a PITA to keep at 100% and at least one of those switches for the car was/is NLA.

#17 3 years ago

1 vote for nascar not a very good picture of mine but it cleaned up well car was replaced and garage tweaked so bumper cap behind it isn't clipped like the way it comes from stern garage also tweaked so ball doesn't go sdtm when it shoots it out
I like r+b but probably more so from me watching the cartoon b4 school back when I was a kid

20210221_152605 (resized).jpg20210221_152605 (resized).jpg
#18 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Good lord, sell it ASAP!

Nascar for me...but I'd be hard pressed to find a DMD DE I'd pick over a DMD Stern

4 weeks later
#19 3 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

1 vote for nascar not a very good picture of mine but it cleaned up well car was replaced and garage tweaked so bumper cap behind it isn't clipped like the way it comes from stern garage also tweaked so ball doesn't go sdtm when it shoots it out
I like r+b but probably more so from me watching the cartoon b4 school back when I was a kid
[quoted image]

Went with nascar and made a custom bg for it. Came out nice.

Can u show better pics of the car mod you did? Mine has that clipped blue pop ca.

Garage is 100% and it looks like whomever was routing it, kept up woth all the service bulletins and coverted it over to Leds inc the bg bulb.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Looking for advice for the better pin that sits beside a demolition man.
I currently have a clean, fast and low play R&B, but been offered a nascar even for it.
I dont mind the theme as i am a car nut. The multiball music is fine to terrible, but i read the smaller pf area is noticible and wonder how it will suit up beside a widebody.
Im also partial to Nascars appeal if i want to trade it out later...
I am looking for a game with depth and read nascar has that and most importantly, many pinsiders say its a fun game getting past the theme.
I like r&b and its in rrally nice shape, but i mainly play it like a sys11 and hit ramp to ramp, get multiball and just go for jackpota.
Dmd animations on r&b are a lot nicer than nascsr.
I like the novelty of ghe animated bg in r&b, but mainly as a testament to pinballs past.
Both gamea are priced really similar in pinside.

Not another car analogy.kidding of course

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Can u show better pics of the car mod you did? Mine has that clipped blue pop

Go to post #1003 in the nascar/grand prix owner and fan club thread and crlush explains the mod some what for more info or pictures PM him and he should help you out he did the mod on mine

228994c868731087cfe3dc1df8fd0120123d109f.jpg228994c868731087cfe3dc1df8fd0120123d109f.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,900 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-advice-rocky-bullwinkle-for-nascar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.