Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
Trololo.jpg
image_2.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I have already agreed to the trade and it will be happening on Sunday, but I wanted to get feedback on whether it was a good trade or not. I am trading my freshly cleaned and LED'ed Family Guy for an Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure that plays very nicely with no cabinet fade but a credit dot error pertaining to the mini playfield. It only has GI LEDs and no insert LEDs. My Family Guy had a problem with the Death droptarget so it wasn't 100%, so I feel an Indy that isn't 100% either seemed fair.

What do you think? Does it seem like a fair trade to you?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

I think you are coming out ahead on the deal. I would do that trade.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Agreed. IJ is a much better game in my opinion.

#4 8 years ago

IJ is easily a much more desirable title.

#5 8 years ago

You're certainly coming out ahead. Just by numbers Indiana Jones is a more valuable game, and many would argue that it's also a better game.

#6 8 years ago

FG is a far superior game! Back out!!!

#7 8 years ago

I'd be weary of that trade. Who in there right mind would trade an Indy for a FG? Make sure they dont try and bate and switch you the stern variety.

#8 8 years ago

I have to agree with Greg here.
FGY is much more fun and current IMHO.The callouts are hysterical! The art package is excellent. The whole package is just spot on.
One of Sterns Best if you ask me.

#9 8 years ago

I own a FG and would not trade it for a IJ, but from my experience with IJ, you are going to have way more issues with it technically in the future. Of all the machines I have seen in personal collections, IJ has got to be the one that was always "turned off" when you visit because this was broke or that wasn't working. If you like tinkering and fixing, then IJ is the machine for you. Besides when you get tired of FG, just install the Shrek rom for a few weeks.

Bublehead

#10 8 years ago

IJ is a much a more fun/desirable game IMO

Make the trade before the other guy changes his mind.

#11 8 years ago

I've owned both. IJ is much better. Fg is awesome for a month or two but gets old and repetitive.
IJ is a classic. If it doesn't have it already, find and install the mode hole mod.

#12 8 years ago

Why do both games have errors? Fix them!!!

#13 8 years ago

But you have a cartoon collection and trading will put you behind!!

#14 8 years ago

IJ is worth more and that's all the matters, you got the better end of the deal.

#15 8 years ago

FG is just meh. IJ is the greatest pin ever built - great callouts, fun video modes, and the flawless integration of a theme. That and it's a truly iconic film franchise while Family Guy is one of the worst shows on television. Mindless dreck! Make the trade - you won't regret it.

#16 8 years ago

IJ credit dot on POA: it could be as simple as nobody has hit one of the switches in a long time as it is pain to dial in.. But it can be as bad as the gear box ceased up which is impossible to find (but, a rare problem).

Either way IJ

#17 8 years ago

I prefer FGY for playing, but IJ is worth more.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

FG is a far superior game! Back out!!!

Damn! My one chance to thumbs-down Rarehero, and I can't!

He's high. You win by a wide margin. Don't look back.

#19 8 years ago

Totally agree Boob. I own both and enjoy both but IJ is a much better machine. Family Guy is fun but limited.

#20 8 years ago

Take IJ as fast as you can crack the whip. Also, place an order for a Pinsound card and you'll never think of that mediocre Stern title again.

#21 8 years ago

Yeah, this one's a no brainer.
Family guy is fun, but Indy Jones1 is fun, deep, highly sought after, and has a ton of shots.
Making this even more ultra-rare - almost everyone here seems to agree too.

Trade with confidence-

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Damn! My one chance to thumbs-down Rarehero, and I can't!
He's high. You win by a wide margin. Don't look back.

Bwahaha!!! Seriously though IJ is highly overrated. I think I got rid of mine after having it for a month. It was Just full of too much nitpicky design weirdness. The drop targets fling the ball over the flippers. The scoop bounces out constantly. Somehow the flippers were strong enough that the ramp shots would jump off the ramp, yet making a successful loop for modes that required loops was nearly impossible. The slow dribble out of the left from the bumpers gets old quick. Soooo many modes the game gets repetitive. Too many video modes. For IJ theme die-hards, otherwise not a great game.

FGY on the other hand is one of Lawlor's best - tight design, great build, great mini-pf toy, nuanced and deep Keith Johnson rules. Much better game and stays far more interesting and challenging over long term ownership.

#23 8 years ago

I think they're both excellent games, and to me seems like a very even trade. And this is coming from a B/W fan.

#24 8 years ago

Yea that trade was a no brainer that ij is worth much more and a much better pin imo

#25 8 years ago

You "already agreed to the trade". Word is word.

I hope you are not considering backing out of the deal.

Of course you do have that right if you have not seen the IJ yet and it turns out to be a piece of crap (not what he represented).

FWIW I have both pins and play FGY more than IJ. I wouldn't trade FGY unless I was tired of it.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

that's what I think as well.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For IJ theme die-hards, otherwise not a great game.
FGY on the other hand is one of Lawlor's best - tight design, great build, great mini-pf toy, nuanced and deep Keith Johnson rules. Much better game and stays far more interesting and challenging over long term ownership.

For Family Guy theme die-hards, otherwise not a great game.

#28 8 years ago

"You throw me the FG... I throw you the whip, er... IJ."

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

For Family Guy theme die-hards, otherwise not a great game.

I explained all the nitpicky things about IJ that made me get rid of it. FG is Lawlor/Johnson kicking ass at design and rules and Stern at their best in build quality. It's highly reviewed by casual and competitive players alike. What makes it "not a great game" in your eyes?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I explained all the nitpicky things about IJ that made me get rid of it. FG is Lawlor/Johnson kicking ass at design and rules and Stern at their best in build quality. It's highly reviewed by casual and competitive players alike. What makes it "not a great game" in your eyes?

I just wanted to see you twitch because you couldn't thumbs-down me, either.

I think you're just partial because you're a huge FG fan (see avatar). So of course you're going to love that game.

Personally, I think Shrek is WAY better. Better build, better design, more green.

Better illustrations, too. That Family Guy stuff is bush league.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just wanted to see you twitch because you couldn't thumbs-down me, either.
I think you're just partial because you're a huge FG fan (see Avatar). So of course you're going to love that game.
Personally, I think Shrek is WAY better. Better build, better design, more green.
Better illustrations, too. That Family Guy stuff is bush league.

OK, so you're just pushing buttons instead of having an honest conversation. Yeah, I can't thumbs down. Robin, bring it back! Cuz now I have to respond.

Trololo.jpgTrololo.jpg

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bwahaha!!! Seriously though IJ is highly overrated. I think I got rid of mine after having it for a month. It was Just full of too much nitpicky design weirdness. The drop targets fling the ball over the flippers. The scoop bounces out constantly. Somehow the flippers were strong enough that the ramp shots would jump off the ramp, yet making a successful loop for modes that required loops was nearly impossible. The slow dribble out of the left from the bumpers gets old quick. Soooo many modes the game gets repetitive. Too many video modes. For IJ theme die-hards, otherwise not a great game.

I agree with almost everything you said. I never had loop making issues, ball flying over flipper issues (went to left outline frequently but the software compensated and gave your ball back if that happened), or balls flying off ramps. Everything else you said was dead on.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, so you're just pushing buttons instead of having an honest conversation. Yeah, I can't thumbs down. Robin, bring it back! Cuz now I have to respond.

Trololo.jpg

Because you don't push buttons? I like you, buddy...even if you don't like me and live to give me thumbs-down. I actually think what you do for a living is the absolute shit, I'm totally jealous of it, and I love everything you guys do over there. In a perfect world, you'd think the same of me, and I'd hop a plane out to LA, meet you, and take a tour where you work and see what you do every day. That would probably make me have a mangasm all over the floor. Really!

But it ain't a perfect world, and you're not a big fan of most (if not all) of my opinions. And that's okay.

So here's my real opinion: I played the FG machine for the first time last summer. Thought it was a blast. Loved the callouts, the fart animations, the Stewie pinball...all of it. When I played a Shrek and realized it was the exact same machine, it just wasn't as fun...even though it was the same machine. So it was the artwork, the animations, the callouts...everything that YOU are a part of out there in La-La Land that makes FG such a great machine. And the gameplay, of course.

I will tell you this about IJ: I think you had it set up wrong. My IJ did everything you listed when I first got it. I sent it out to HEP and when it came back, the ball doesn't fly off the ramps anymore and I don't really have (many) mode hole kickout problems (although I still think the entire scoop needs to be removed). I do get the airballs off the targets. That would be a problem if they didn't realize it at the Williams factory and add code that gave you your ball back. So I don't care about that...in fact, it's kinda cool

But put the Pinsound card in with the reorchestrations, and I don't think there's a machine out there that touches it IMHO. When the airplane's machine guns make my floor shake and the pop bumper punches are felt in your gut, it's an incomparable experience.

So, in conclusion: Family Guy is a great machine. IJ is legendary. You're awesome, and I want you to sign my pre-production drawing of Stewie reading The Da Vinci Code that I have in my library.

Now can we be friends?

#34 8 years ago

I'm an IJ fan way more than FG; be happy to make that trade

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I like you, buddy...even if you don't like me

I don't?

Quoted from beelzeboob:

live to give me thumbs-down

I do?

I honestly don't recall disliking you or what I thumbs downed you about. Clearly I did something on a post that resonated with you - I don't even remember what it is. PM me if you wanna talk about it.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

In a perfect world, you'd think the same of me, and I'd hop a plane out to LA, meet you, and take a tour where you work and see what you do every day. That would probably make me have a mangasm all over the floor. Really!

Anyone visiting LA is more than welcome to visit! Borygard & Marcos have been here...Trent came to visit...prob a few others I can't remember.

#36 8 years ago

Hey Drewster, from what I have seen a no fade Indiana Jones usually sells for more than Family Guy if in similar condition so I think you made a good trade. Nice TSPP by the way

#37 8 years ago

Both are good pins......one is an absolute classic though and near the top of every pinball machine rating system for a reason....IJ!

It's also worth more and easier to move along if you choose to do so.......get if fixed first though.

#38 8 years ago

And here I thought Boob had been joking about all these blowjobs

#39 8 years ago

Two of my favorite games.

I think FGY is one of the best Stern games ever made. IJ is beautiful and just as much fun in my lowly opinion.

In a perfect world, I would own both.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

No shit, Rarehero is now looking forward to the visit. Boob you got a little something on the side of your face. There its gone now.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Boob you got a little something on the side of your face.

He might even get a thumbs up.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey......that's not your thumb!

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

I'd be weary of that trade. Who in there right mind would trade an Indy for a FG? Make sure they dont try and bate and switch you the stern variety.

I took those pics of the IJ myself and luckily it is as good as it looks. I traded my HUO BDK for a routed but working AFM earlier this year so I know he is good for it. Although I will be breaking up the cartoon trifecta, I can't wait to get it!

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Quoted from Skypilot:

No shit, Rarehero is now looking forward to the visit. Boob you got a little something on the side of your face. There its gone now.

Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from yzfguy:

Hey......that's not your thumb!

Jeez...a guy goes to work and comes back to find his friends (?) have all turned on him.

That's it, guys. No more blow jobs for you.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Jeez...a guy goes to work and comes back to find his friends (?) have all turned on him.

Turned on him...or turned him on?

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thats what I love about Boob, He actually thinks he has friends.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Thats what I love about Boob, He actually thinks he has friends.

No. My wife reminds me every day what a fat, friendless loser I am. She's even looking forward to meeting somebody new at TPF.

#48 8 years ago

Trade complete! No regrets.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

Trade complete! No regrets.

image.jpeg

You kept SP over FG!??!

Oh well, moving on....too much orange in that pic! ColorDMD that lineup!!!!!

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You kept SP over FG!??!
Oh well, moving on....too much orange in that pic! ColorDMD that lineup!!!!!

Or Elvis??? Now I'm sort of getting the trade...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-advice-family-guy-for-wms-indiana-jones and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.