20200830_185730 (resized).jpg
Vette (resized).jpg
IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
car (resized).jpg
CAM01748 (resized).jpg
CAM01753 (resized).jpg
CAM01744 (resized).jpg
CAM01745 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Trade 86 Corvette for Stern Pro

Added: 2020-08-22 00:10:37 UTC • Ended: December 23rd, 2021

Price

Wanted

Title says it all. In perfect condition, this car is worth 10k +. It is not. Has spent 95% of its life in a garage though. Doesn't need much to make it minty. 56k original miles. Need the garage space.
Looking for a recent Stern pro.
Thanks for looking.

Item photos

CAM01753 (resized).jpg
CAM01748 (resized).jpg
CAM01745 (resized).jpg
CAM01744 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Gryszzz's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Gryszzz's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Indianapolis, IN, US

#2 3 years ago

Got an ok gottlieb aquarius id trade for it!

#3 3 years ago

Jajaja

#4 3 years ago

The L98 makes a ton of torque. Typically these things have some gear ratio like 2.59. You can swap in a set of 3.73s and it really wakes the car up.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

The L98 makes a ton of torque. Typically these things have some gear ratio like 2.59. You can swap in a set of 3.73s and it really wakes the car up.

Trade me a pin for it and you can send me pics.
Lived in Raleigh for 4 years. Love that town.

#6 3 years ago

PICK UP ALL THE GILFS YOUR HEART DESIRES.

#7 3 years ago

Doesn't have to absolutely be a Stern Pro.
SM, TOM, WD?, CP, etc. Anything in "that range". I need the garage space back BAD.

#8 3 years ago

I am now in the 4-4.5k range.
One of you dicks needs to drop off your SM and peel the fuck on outta here in this.

#9 3 years ago

Free bump for you.

Need garage space? Get a bendpak you cheap bastard I've had my 85 for 22 years now and racked up 170K miles on it. Ran into space issues and got the lift. Bonus is it makes working on all our cars 10X's easier. I've been considering the opposite and selling a game or two to fund a C4 ZR1. Been itching for one of them for decades and they are now extremely affordable for what they are. Best of luck with your trade. While at it, you may trying posting your car for sale on the corvette forum.

car (resized).jpgcar (resized).jpg
#10 3 years ago

Chad Keller is that you?
Those are so bad ass, nice! But I just but a gigantic home gym and need the vertical space too. I've never been a fan of the way Vettes ride. Sits too low for me. I've just kept it cause it was my Dad's baby. Been in the family since the early 90's.
Trade ya for that Viper though lol. Freakin GORGEOUS!

#11 3 years ago

I have an '89 coupe. C4 Corvettes are beautiful and incredible value sports cars when you consider you can have one for the same price as a pro. The prices on these cars really blow my mind. Hope you find a nice trade, seems very fair considering the mileage!

IMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpgIMG_20200607_184103 (resized).jpg
#12 3 years ago

Automatic or stick?

#13 3 years ago

Automatic, sorry.
Funny cause Dad taught me how to drive a stick and and I disagreed with him over this for years. Why ever have an automatic Corvette?
He liked "to relax" ha.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Automatic, sorry.
Funny cause Dad taught me how to drive a stick and and I disagreed with him over this for years. Why ever have an automatic Corvette?
He liked "to relax" ha.

Ladies can’t lay over a stick...

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Automatic, sorry.
He liked "to relax" ha.

And AT was way more reliable than that 4+3 MT that was offered at that time.

#16 3 years ago

Cloth interior

#17 3 years ago

Wait you can get an 80s vette in nice shape for the cost of a stern pro?

Maybe I should buy one and drive it around until it falls apart or gets towed

#18 3 years ago

Wish I had a Stern pro to trade...but I don't.

Don't care much for Stern games these days.

And I'm here in Indy too....darn.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Wish I had a Stern pro to trade...but I don't.
Don't care much for Stern games these days.
And I'm here in Indy too....darn.

Totally picking up on your sarcasm buddy lol.
And if I'm wrong, you get first dibs and the best price/trade.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Cloth interior

Leather seats and center console. Cassette player too. I'll even throw in a copy of Aerosmith's Get Your Wings on tape.
Cruisin down the road in this bad boy, with that tape playin...GUARANTEED to have the Spanx melting off.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Leather seats and center console. Cassette player too. I'll even throw in a copy of Aerosmith's Get Your Wings on tape.
Crying down the road in this bad boy with that tape playin...GUARANTEED to have the Spanx melting off.

Man...why are you not closer

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Man...why are you not closer

Throw it on a car hauler and ship it on down dad.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Throw it on a car hauler and ship it on down dad.

If you drive it down here, I've got a gorgeous HUO The Shadow with LOTS of extras for you.

#24 3 years ago

I dig the two-tone (though prefer the original '86 fender louvers). I used to have a '95 I painted two-tone (currently have a '14).

Good luck with the trade. C4s are awesome cars, and certainly one of the best values out there IMO.

EDIT: License plate got me a lot of weird looks back in the day, but it was referencing the Dio-era Black Sabbath album.

Vette (resized).jpgVette (resized).jpg

#25 3 years ago

I'm actually gettin more interest than I expected. Mostly tire kickers that want a million pics. Right now it's buried under to-be-donated clothes. I'll get pics when I can.
It has not ran in 7 years. It was running like a beast before I parked it in garage. The batt died, and It hasn't moved since.
The pass side window would not go up when it ran.
My brother had temporary custody of it for awhile and his crack whore cunt girlfriend keyed the back of it and the hood slightly. It could use a paint job and a guy that knows Chevys.
IF it were running, even with the scratches, if put it up for $7,500. At this point the smartest thing for me to do would be to get it running and sell it myself.
That's why I priced it so low. For a QUICK SALE. Not a million fuckin pics, or 30 emails. You bring me a pro and haul it off.
Clean title in hand.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Cruisin down the road in this bad boy, with that tape playin...GUARANTEED to have the Spanx melting off.

If it included a Obituary shirt and Demiricous tape you might be able to close a deal. And can you upload a ton of pictures, not worried about the shooter lane, but maybe close-ups of seat belt buckles and stereo knobs.

#27 3 years ago

LOL. Miss hangin out with ya B-Rad.
Honestly I've just been lazy about this car. It just needs a new batt put in (which is kind of a bitch) and the oil changed before started up. Hopefully will run then. But after 7 years of sitting, will need new tires too.
Now that I've opened this can o worms I will try to get some pics up of scratches.
This is a busy week for me but I'll get it running soon, and then it's gonna be a Stern Premium lol

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

LOL. Miss hangin out with ya B-Rad.
Honestly I've just been lazy about this car. It just needs a new batt put in (which is kind of a bitch) and the oil changed before started up. Hopefully will run then. But after 7 years of sitting, will need new tires too.
Now that I've opened this can o worms I will try to get some pics up of scratches.
This is a busy week for me but I'll get it running soon, and then it's gonna be a Stern Premium lol

Sorry we didn't log more time at Expo especially now realizing we don't know when we will be seeing a show again. I am thinking TPF and imagine you'll be there to enjoy the festivities. Good luck with the Corvette, C4's are a favorite of mine. Do you consider a WWE a recent Pro? I don't have one, asking for a friend.

#29 3 years ago

Forgot to mention main reason I haven't messed with it. With the low tires from sitting, I have to go buy an air compressor to first air up the tires (they're not even halfway deflated) then get a buddy to help me push it back, (it's a HEAVY MF). THEN change the oil, then put battery in.
Lotta steps.
I'll hopefully get it running this week.

#30 3 years ago

Some potato cam pics in bad lighting. Majority of scratches here.

20200830_185730 (resized).jpg20200830_185730 (resized).jpg20200830_185812_HDR (resized).jpg20200830_185812_HDR (resized).jpg
#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Forgot to mention main reason I haven't messed with it. With the low tires from sitting, I have to go buy an air compressor to first air up the tires (they're not even halfway deflated) then get a buddy to help me push it back, (it's a HEAVY MF). THEN change the oil, then put battery in.
Lotta steps.
I'll hopefully get it running this week.

Sounds like your lazy and lost interest with it like I did with my 86 mustang GT . It's been sitting for 10 years.

#32 3 years ago

Look here, if I say I'm lazy, that's one thing. You don't get to fuckin say that though. Thanks.

#33 3 years ago

That Aerosmith tape actually hurts the value of this vehicle, take it out if you can.

#34 3 years ago

But yeah, I've been pretty lazy with this car lol. Unlike a Mustang GT, which I love driving, I never enjoyed the ride of this car. Sits way too low. *Almost* too much torque (as if that were an actual thing lol). The rear end on this is a beast.
I've only held on to it all these years cause it was Dad's baby.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

That Aerosmith tape actually hurts the value of this vehicle, take it out if you can.

LOL. Can't listen to em anymore, but that was their finest hour. Lord of the Thighs and Seasons of Wither still jam.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

But yeah, I've been pretty lazy with this car lol. Unlike a Mustang GT, which I love driving, I never enjoyed the ride of this car. Sits way too low. *Almost* too much torque (as if that were an actual thing lol). The rear end on this is a beast.
Ice only held on to it all these years cause it was Dad's baby.

Told ya ! Lol. All kidding aside...good luck with the sale/trade.

#37 3 years ago

SM was a 4k game for awhile here. Now it's climbed back up to 5k.
SM would be my top pick right now.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Free bump for you.
Need garage space? Get a bendpak you cheap bastard I've had my 85 for 22 years now and racked up 170K miles on it. Ran into space issues and got the lift. Bonus is it makes working on all our cars 10X's easier. I've been considering the opposite and selling a game or two to fund a C4 ZR1. Been itching for one of them for decades and they are now extremely affordable for what they are. Best of luck with your trade. While at it, you may trying posting your car for sale on the corvette forum.
[quoted image]

I’ll give you a stern pro for the viper.

#39 3 years ago

Might put my Star trek Pro HUO up for trade if my wife is interested (and you as well).

#40 3 years ago

You lost me at "if the wife is interested"
Almost SM; yeah I've always wanted a ST too.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Might put my Star trek Pro HUO up for trade if my wife is interested (and you as well).

Take her for a drive in the corvette, and she will say yes.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Take her for a drive in the corvette, and she will say yes.

In this case she'll need to wait until there is air in the tires and a new battery.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wait you can get an 80s vette in nice shape for the cost of a stern pro?
Maybe I should buy one and drive it around until it falls apart or gets towed

I had a ‘94 that cost less than a Stern Pro. Sold it after losing interest in it too.

#45 3 years ago

How bout 2 sterns for 1
Sharkeys shootout and nascar
Get rid of the Aerosmith
And add a cassette of black sabbath paranoid

4 weeks later
#47 3 years ago

Car sold traded or running yet

#48 3 years ago

Corvette beer BUMP!

944ceb39f85f53825b8f136ea860e35e (resized).jpg944ceb39f85f53825b8f136ea860e35e (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-86-corvette-for-stern-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.