(Topic ID: 90374)

Trade 24 Pinball Machines for Diesel Motorhome!

By pinbum

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Gerry
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0ace590fd68596e51ea40e9aee9956d9.jpg
colorful_motorhome.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Looking to trade my collection for an RV. Have owned most pins for many years. All the machines are in very nice shape, some are low play HUO Pins. List of machines: Cirqus Voltaire, Lord of the Rings (2006] Whitewater ,Addams Family, Pinball Magic ,Twilight Zone, Revenge from Mars, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Fish Tales, Road Show, Class of 1812, Congo, Dale Jr, No Fear, Mousin Around, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Gilligans Island, Bad Cats, World Cup Soccer, Transporter, Cyclone, Comet, Flintstones, Night Moves cocktail. Also a lot of extra parts & silkscreened cabinet decals. If you have a motorhome and this interests you PM me, may add more $$$ for right RV. Thanks to everyone Larry....

#2 9 years ago

Quick, let me go steal a motor home. Diesel you say?

#3 9 years ago

Yes ,Sealclubber diesel only, you have to steal the title also. Then were good to go!

#4 9 years ago

seems like you could sell just a few pins and buy a very nice used diesel motorhome for around 20k?

Also, just come up with a package price number for all the pins and then at least I know what kind of diesel motorhome to go steal

#5 9 years ago

What year, model ?

#6 9 years ago

For a nice used RV it seems to be in the $60,000 range. I have a gas motor home but want to travel up to the mountains of TNN, NC and i think it would be hard on trans & brakes.

#7 9 years ago

Hopefully 2003 are newer but some older models would be fine. As for model class C or A with at least one slider if possible.

#8 9 years ago

What a cool trade. Too bad I don't have one. I tried trading my Jag XFR last year for pins but no takers. GLWT.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems like you could sell just a few pins and buy a very nice used diesel motorhome for around 20k?
Also, just come up with a package price number for all the pins and then at least I know what kind of diesel motorhome to go steal

Nice.

Yah, that's what I call "getting out of the hobby!"

#10 9 years ago

Larry,

I have a 2001 Renegade motorhome I would consider trading for machines if you are looking for a great no frills motorhome. Take a minute and pull up Kibbi Renegade to see what they are all about. Best motorhome ever built as far as I am concerned. Mine is built on a Freightliner FL-70 chassis with a Cat 300 and Allison 6 speed automatic trans & air brakes. (32' overall with no slides - I hate slides - just places for a coach to leak!)

We took it on a 13,000 mile trip to the west coast & back to PA two years ago and it averaged 9+ MPG. The only money I spent on the coach other than fuel was an oil change. Ready to go anywhere you want to go without any major issues. I would jump in and take another 10,000 trip tomorrow just changing wiper blades & oil before I hit the road.

Nice thing is anyone will work on these because they are a regular truck. No need to go to a RV repair shop to get mechanic repairs. No CDL needed here in PA but I don't know about Florida.

Without walking out to look I think it has about 65,000 miles on it (I know under 70,000) so it is basically just getting broken in. Like any real truck it is good for at least 600,000 miles without needing any major work. Overall it looks great - no pets - no hard use - just overkill for me & my wife to travel over the past 10 or 11 years. We have been in 46 states and are now ready to hang close to home for a few years.

PM me if you think you might be interested in something like this and we can talk a little! Even if you are not interested in mine take a serious look at a Renegade before buying a normal coach - they are extremely heavy duty and well built. Not as fancy as some other coaches but I wouldn't buy anything but another Renegade if I was going to buy a coach again!

#11 9 years ago

I do know a little about Renegades, a few people i know have them for pulling race trailers.I would like to know a little more about it. My main concern would be about being driven in the winter on salted roads. But sounds interesting, down here you also do not have to have a CDL it is considered an RV which is great. Do not know if all states are the same.I will look into Kibbi Renegade and PM you if its something like i am thinking. Thank You

#12 9 years ago

Visualizing this transaction blows my mind.

#13 9 years ago

We have a 2006 Ford Crew Diesel. 4x 55k miles.

2007 Ragen Toyhauler... 25k miles. 24 length plus 5 so 29 ' ish.

Good luck finding something that fits your needs.

NT

#14 9 years ago

My first th

Quoted from dudah:Visualizing this transaction blows my mind.

My first thought was "if someone has a motor home, what are the odds they have room for 24 pins?"

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

My first thought was "if someone has a motor home, what are the odds they have room for 24 pins?"

My first thought was how to fit 24 pins in a motorhome and then get the heck out of Dodge.

#16 9 years ago

2010 Solera mercedes diesel motorhome 28000 miles diesel generator new tires

#17 9 years ago

My dad has a Bounder(not sure if diesel tho). Hmm, wonder if I can twist his arm.....

#18 9 years ago

Had some nice trade offers, but would still like to see if anybody else has an RV that is not being used. The Renegade is quite nice , a serious workhorse / Motorhome. Let me know if you have something. Thanks Larry

#19 9 years ago

Larry & I came close to making a deal but we were just a little to far apart on value of my RV to make it work. I figured I would reply here to bump Larry's post back to the top just in case anyone else has an RV and wants to try to make a deal with him.

Honestly I don't know if I am quite ready to let my Renegade go and I think Larry feels the same way about his pins but we tried.

Best of luck to you Larry!

PS - this wouldn't have been the craziest trade I ever made. 30 years ago I traded a decked out F-250 4x4 that was less than 2 years old for a Lionel train collection. That still would have been the craziest deal I had ever made!

#20 9 years ago

Hey Skip, it was very nice talking to you about pins, and everything else. Thanks for the bump! And Skip gets the good guy alert for today....Thanks Larry

#21 9 years ago

Look at my avatar,, and give me a shout....

315 727 365 one

TTYL Gerry

#22 9 years ago

Another bump for Larry and tossing this out there for anyone elso that might be as crazy as Larry & I are and read this post in the future. I have the 2001 Renegade talked about above in well above average condition I would consider trading for some pins plus or minus cash. I am looking to get $65,000 out of the Renegade (bottom line maybe a little less depending on the deal) which is about 10 to 15% below retail value on it based on my research. (Most similar rigs are bringing over $72,000 and I have seen them with asking prices as high as $85,000 with more miles than mine has).

I would want a deal in the east since I am located in PA but I would be willing to travel up to about 2000 miles for the right deal. I have no interest in selling the RV for cash since I really don't want or need to sell it so unless someone has something interesting to trade it isn't going anywhere. But if you are interested in owning one of the best & most heavy duty RV's ever built have at least $30,000 worth of machines you are no longer using (junk machines and parts also OK as long as I can get everything into a 26' rental truck). I am in the mood to make a deal on this RV for pins or parts. But I need close to $65,000 out of it with at least half being pins & the difference in cash.

I didn't want to start another post and I figured anyone with an interest in an RV would likely view this post anyway just to see how Larry made out so I figured I would give Larry a bump and also put this out there. Larry's collection sounds great but with travel cost we were just a few thousand apart from being able to make a deal work. So anyone else with an RV from talking with Larry he sounds like a great guy - see if you can make a deal with him and if you are crazy in the other direction and what an RV and have pins give me a try.

3 months later
#23 9 years ago

Any luck? I would take about 6 of them

#24 9 years ago

I just want to say that I love this thread! This is SO cool. You guys are all nuts... And I love it. Huge trades like this are really interesting. Good luck to you all!

#25 9 years ago

Not sure I'm ready to part with this beauty, but perhaps I could be persuaded...

colorful_motorhome.jpgcolorful_motorhome.jpg
#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Not sure I'm ready to part with this beauty, but perhaps I could be persuaded...

colorful_motorhome.jpg 88 KB

Is this cousin Eddie?

#27 9 years ago

0ace590fd68596e51ea40e9aee9956d9.jpg0ace590fd68596e51ea40e9aee9956d9.jpg

This is cousin Eddie. He keeps it under a roof to protect its beauty !

#28 9 years ago

Still willing to trade off all pin's for Motorhome ,or classic muscle car, or nice cabin criuser boat. Only thing is the line up has changed a bit. Creature is gone, as is Addams, and Revenge from mars. Replaced with HUO mint Sopranos, and a blinged out brass Totan. Pm me if you have something we can trade. Thanks Larry

9 months later
#29 8 years ago

I sold my avatar...

you missed out on the best motorcoach made

GM 4104 !

but it went to a great home...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 39.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 25.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-24-pinball-machines-for-diesel-motorhome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.