(Topic ID: 177019)

Tracking scores with Pindigo

By crosbyjack

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you use Pindigo to track personal high scores or to compare your scores with others?”

• Personal high score 13 votes
      87%
    • Comparative scores 2 votes
      13%

(15 votes)

#1 7 years ago

I friggin' love the score tracking app Pindigo, especially in its newer version, but I just felt compelled to throw this out there.

The ultimate purpose: to track ones high scores. Perfect, great, awesome!!

Other than that there really isn't a way to standardize scores between players on particular tables at different locations because of the custom gameplay and score settings the owner sets for each table. Even if you know what your settings are for bonus multipliers, extra ball threshold and max spinner scores ECT, someone playing the same table in a public space can't tell what settings they have as easily, so how can we compare these scores?

Not being negative at all, I track all of my personal high scores through Pindigo, and encourage my friends to do so as well. I just wanted to encourage players not to feel underskilled when their hard fought high scores is still several billion under someone else's!

#2 7 years ago

I love the Pindigo app. Very well made and simple to use.

I actually use it for both personal and comparative score tracking, but that option wasn't listed, so I didn't formally vote in the poll.

The most important feature for me is personal score tracking. Nevertheless, I also compare my scores to other users, simply for comparative feedback. I realize that the settings on individual machines differ, so I don't put too much credence in absolute numbers or relative rankings. Nevertheless, one of the members of my league (Yancy) typically has higher scores on Pindigo than mine, and Yancy is a REALLY good player, so the relative rankings of our individual scores seem reasonable.

#3 7 years ago

High scores make sense only relative to a single specific machine. Pinball machines differ ENORMOUSLY from each other, its completely nonsense to compare scores. Check this list:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elements-to-consider-when-setting-up-a-machine

#4 7 years ago

I also love Pindigo. I try and play as many different tables as possible and use Pindigo to help with that.

#5 7 years ago

We appreciate the praise! Sorry for the slowdown on updates; I've been rewriting and reorganizing the app to make it run better and to make it easier to add new features in the future. The holiday season has made it hard to find the time, but I'll return to my normal development schedule next weekend!

#6 7 years ago

Pindigo is the absolute shit!

Sincerely,
    Two-Time Featured Pindigo Player Cornelius

7 years later
    #7 10 days ago

Is there talks of a PC version as well?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tracking-scores-with-pindigo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.