(Topic ID: 255161)

Tracking games on location

By C_Presley

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c_presley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a few different locations that I hobby operate to but I’ve been having an annoying issue. Out of my four locations three of the owners are very thorough about letting me know the state of a game and if there’s any issues which I obviously appreciate. The other location of course my highest earner, could pull the plug the day after a service and will absolutely not notify me. That being said I find myself wanting to drive out there every week to make sure everything’s fine due to being burned on the game being down on several various weekends. Is there anything people do to monitor games on location? My fish tank sends me a text letting me know if the powers out, is there an option to plug into the service outlet that doesn’t require a fish tank computer? Wireless cameras in the cabinets? What do you do?

#6 4 years ago

I’m currently going every two weeks, and also have a contact card in the apron. I just put a new game out with a DBA so I’m not expecting any issues with coin intake. The issues I’ve encountered are a stuck ball, nut that came off and a jammed coin mech. None of which required the game to be turned off and all on the old game. It just seems like this should be an easily solved issue. Why make a weekly round we don’t have to?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from arolden:

Scorbit looks like it is a promising solution for this kind of problem. Check it out here: https://scorbit.io/scorbitron

That does sound promising but seems like way more than most would need. I know there’s the old operating ways of things but something like this seems like basic technology could rule this out. Maybe I’ll get in touch with some electrical engineering people I know to see what they come up with. Pretty sure a WiFi enabled camera in the cabinet would suffice but I’m gonna look into some more solid options.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrianBannon:

Unless you cover the coin slots, you can get coin jams on any game whether or not it has a DBA installed. I have fixed plenty of coin jams in a pin with a DBA on it. People use whatever they have in their pocket. As far as your maintenance schedule, going more often will catch gameplay issues that some customers won't notice or even think to call about. It helps keep your games clean, too.

Absolutely agree, although since switching to imonex mechs I haven’t had a single jam. Plus with the DBA coin count is way down to be expected. The good thing is my games are all at fairly high end bars so kids jamming junk into the mechs doesn’t happen.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Sorry, you really can't expect anyone else to do your job for you. If you want it done right you have to do it yourself. Go in every week.

Or you know, come up with a technological way to tell me a game has been turned off?
    Even if I go in every Monday, who’s to say it doesn’t get shut off Tuesday? Maybe I’m the only one here that sees this as an issue I guess?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c_presley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tracking-games-on-location?tu=c_presley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.