(Topic ID: 153726)

Tracking down a closed 100 pt switch - please check my assumptions!

By alb0711

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by alb0711
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alb0711.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I've got a closed 100 point switch somewhere on my Captain Fantastic. I'm working through the issue with the schematics and my trusty ohm meter.

Assumption 1 - When I ohm out any of my playfield 100 point switches they all read as closed. I'm assuming this is normal because one of the switches is closed and they are connected in parallel.

After going through every playfield switch and the 9 point switch on each of the 10 point score reels, I still haven't found the issue.

Assumption 2 - When I disconnect the playfield from the head, My switches still all ohm out as being closed. I'm assuming this means the closed switch is not in the back box.

Assumption 3 - When I disconnect the playfield from the cabinet, they switches are now all reading as open. I'm assuming this means the closed switch is somewhere in the cabinet relays or score motor.

Good assumptions or..... am missing something?

TIA!
Allen

#3 8 years ago

Sorry the head plugs into the bottom mech board - I first disconnected the head from the mech board and still had closed 100 pt switches on playfield I then disconnected playfield from mech board and no longer had closed 100 pt switches. I "think" this points to an issue on the mech board with a relay or score motor switch stack.

Issue is a stuck 100 pt relay causing stuck 100 pt chime solenoid and then advancing through all 5 balls and creating end of game.

Thx!

#7 8 years ago

I followed Rolf's "watch the relays" advice and noticed that the bonus advance relay was pulling at startup. I traced this down to a stuck rollover switch. Once I adjusted the switch game started working normally. Thanks all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alb0711.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tracking-down-a-closed-100-pt-switch-please-check-my-assumptions?tu=alb0711 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.