• Latest reply 5 years ago by Phat_Jay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_2263 (resized).JPG
20130629_204936 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I bought an original Konami Track and Field arcade machine. The cabinet is pretty rough but all of the parts are complete and the game plays. What is the current value for this title? Would it be worth restoring? Are the parts worth more than the whole? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I know a lot about pinball machines but very little about arcade games. TIA!

#2 5 years ago

Depends if you like that one. I personally love track and field. So simple, but I play it so much

#3 5 years ago

Another fan of track and field but sorry can’t help you on it’s value.

#4 5 years ago

Track and field and hypersports are my jam....

#5 5 years ago

Was one of my favorite games as a kid, I have seen them priced higher than a ms pacman but I doubt you will be able to retire with the money if you sell it.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Was one of my favorite games as a kid, I have seen them priced higher than a ms pacman but I doubt you will be able to retire with the money if you sell it.

Not looking to "Retire" by selling it, but just wanted to know an approximate value so that I can decide wether or not to spend the time and money to restore it or just try to sell the parts and recoup the money that I have in it? I got it pretty cheap so I should be able to at least break even or make a buck or two. I'm certainly not going to hit a home run.

#7 5 years ago

Is it the version with the buttons or the trackball? I think most collectors prefer the buttons.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is it the version with the buttons or the trackball? I think most collectors prefer the buttons.

Sadly, it's the trackball version.

#9 5 years ago

I'd check KLOV listings to see what the market is demanding. For max value I'd look at TNT Amusements, which has one that they're selling for $2,699 but that's for a well restored machine that's been somewhat bulletproofed.

#10 5 years ago

Never saw one with a trackball before, i like the tabletop versions.

#11 5 years ago

Maybe $600-$800 totally restored with a non swollen cab and good monitor with no burn in.

Trackball version $300+
Otherwise just play it.

There was a working button version one listed for sale around me a couple months ago. Needed new decals and marquee. $300 CDN.

#12 5 years ago

The problem with T&F which I absolutely love, is that it's easily replicated on a MAME and with better buttons.

#13 5 years ago

If I were selling I'd probably ask $750 to $1,000 for a decent copy. It's a great game for a barcade. I'd like to find a cheap one someday.

#14 5 years ago

i have been looking for a local one for a few years - i figured it was going to cost me anywhere from 400 - 700. i want the original with the buttons as that is the fun of it. thanks ed

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i have been looking for a local one for a few years - i figured it was going to cost me anywhere from 400 - 700. i want the original with the buttons as that is the fun of it. thanks ed

That's where I'd want to be a a buyer too, but I think that would be a pretty good deal on a decent cabinet. If I had one I would ask more.

#16 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think that I'll change the track balls back to buttons and repair the cabinet. Should look great when I'm finished.

#17 5 years ago

Great game. I always do lousy at the hammer throw and high jump, darnit. Also have the Hyper Sports '84 boardset.

... and my red buttons have anti-cheat guards. Can't use pencils or whatever!

100_2263 (resized).JPG100_2263 (resized).JPG20130629_204936 (resized).jpg20130629_204936 (resized).jpg
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think that I'll change the track balls back to buttons and repair the cabinet. Should look great when I'm finished.

I have a nicely restored Track and Field with a switcher (so I can play Hypersports too). I absolutely love playing this game. You are making the right call to keep it.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I have a nicely restored Track and Field with a switcher (so I can play Hypersports too).

However this is done OP, do it
Hypersports is the better game (by a lot for me) but they are both Classics.
And yes a track ball is a disgrace.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

... and my red buttons have anti-cheat guards. Can't use pencils or whatever!

I hate the the button guards, they make it so you can only use one finger than having my hand flat. When I was a kid i used a comb to cheat.

#22 5 years ago

Uff guards are even worse than a trackball!

#23 5 years ago

4-600 ave condition 750-900 nice. 1500 imamaculate.....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/track-amp-field?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.