Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 8 years ago

Wife and I bought tickets for TPF. We are excited to finally check this one out and hope TX welcomes a few WI folks .

We are not sure on if we are flying or driving at this point (flights for some reason are super expensive that week... maybe spring break?). If anyone wants to pre-arrange pintransport from Madison-Dallas with any stop enroute then please hit me up soon. It would surely sway us to drive if we had a game that needed to be brought in or back.

If directly on route with easy pickup then a flat $200 seems like a good price?

Along this thought... Is there anyway to find out what is for sale at TX in advance? If I am driving down then I might as well bring something back

I could fit 3 pins total for transporting if needed (would have to take minivan instead of jeep but that is doable.)

#70 8 years ago

Well... My wishlist is up to date if anyone is looking to sell anything and wants to reach out to me directly. Hint Hint...

Mainly looking for oddball stuff and Bally/Williams B/C listers that are complete partwise but a fair price due to needing some love (I care about playfields but not much about cabs).

Best thing I guess would be if anyone wants to arrange me bringing you a pin now. That means I will have the car and ability to shop and bring something back.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Could you bring me a working Mystery Castle
    Thanks Santa

sure thing! I actually do know of one locally you could probably get but I am assuming the guy will want a hefty price...

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Haven't scared me off yet

I will inquire. Pm me your thoughts on range so i can let him know.

2 months later
    #114 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Exhibitors have more fun, extra hours and are totally appreciated.

what are the perks for bringing a game? Buddy of mine is driving and has offered to transport a game down/back for me. Contemplating it.

smokers are jokers, but what is the big smoke? Please dont tell me Texas allows smoking inside the venue???

#117 8 years ago

great game bringer incentives!

#140 8 years ago
    Quoted from rccola777:

TPF @ the end of March, getting married the beginning of April. Not sure which one I'm more excited about.

TPF will be a bunch of sweaty overweight pinball dudes that like to drink and get handsy.

Hope your future wife is at least a few notches over that offering...

1 month later
    #242 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Lazy Pinsider Alert: Has it been confirmed about Ghost Busters being at the show? Theres nothing on the website.
    If so, I'm calling an audible at the line for a last second decision and I'll be there. OMAHA!!

confirmed via John T on a podcast the other day.

#245 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Only one? I thought it was mentioned that they were picking up 2.

I think that was Marcos with 2?

does that mean 3 in total?

#287 8 years ago

I'll be in Dallas on Thursday. Anything worth doing?

#296 8 years ago

never met her. Will the wife dig her?

#774 8 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There are a LOT of games non-operational. Looks like TPF crowds are really hard on games.
    The Safecracker has a long line every time I walk by. Has anyone seen a Magic token won?

There were unfortunately alot of non operational games on friday at 5pm. My take away of the games at tpf is 50% are fantastic, play great, and working flawlessly. The other 50% have enough issues that they are not playable, turned off, and most likely brought to try and sell as is or even left on credit play as a few retailers seemed to have done.
    By sat i also noticed a few of the super nice games had been sold and i presume the new owners had left them on the floor but turned them off?

The games that played great were amazing and made the show worth it! I would reccommend the trip to experience at least once. Highlights of the show are all the news games and the great venue. Plenty of space so even when packed you could find a spot to hang. Of course the great people are what really make the show and there are a bunch of cool tx pinheads i met plus all the great people that travel in from all over!

#852 8 years ago

Thanks to whomever brought the andromeda, amazing fathom, great fire, see through em, upside down em, frontier, and a few others i am forgetting. Super fun games and really cool to play some of these decks.

I had a lot of fun playing RZ, fullt, gb, and p3. Would have liked to play lebowski but waited in line three times and each time there was and issue with the game which took it down for a bit. New code looks to be cool but heavy focus on bowling? What did others think that got to play it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-texas-pin-fest-2016?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.