4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 891 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

A large number of exhibitors load in their games on Thursday. Showing up on Thursday to help people load is a great way to get to know other pinball collectors as well as get an opportunity to play some games in a calmer environment.
    And the tournaments typically open earlier on Friday than the normal show.
    Lots of perks for showing up on Thursday.
    Marcus

Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

The advantage to showing up Thursday for Exhibitors and Vendors is getting your games and booth set up early and having a evening to relax and hang with friends before the show opens on Friday. If you are just buying a weekend pass, there is really no benefit to showing up Thursday unless you are one of the few volunteers needed for Thursday set-up. We really need to try to restrict the set up area to exhibitors, vendors, and volunteers. Of course if you do show up Thursday and are staying in the hotel, you can still take advantage of the free happy hour and visit with friends

So if you put these two posts together, you can see the best way to attend TPF is to bring games and show up on Thursday! That's what I did and it was great. Friday was really relaxing and I was able to visit wth other exhibitors and offer a hand to people that needed it. Win-win.

4 months later
    #60 4 years ago

I miss a lot of pinball activities in Shreveport LA, but I'm 3 hours from the TP f'ing F!!!!!!

I can't wait for 2016. My 5th year brining games.

4 months later
    #113 3 years ago
    Quoted from BullnoL:

This is going to be my first pin fest. For fun, give me a list of the top 5 things I need to bring and then the top 5 things I need to know/do, a la Art Mann Presents.

Top 5 things to bring

1. A pinball machine
    2. A pinball machine, seriously. Exhibitors have more fun, extra hours and are totally appreciated.
    3. Some beer from your local area to share. (Not that I would support bringing beer in from the outside).
    4. Cash - lots of good games for sale and trade.
    5. Comfortable shoes. It's a lot of standing.

Top 5 things to do

1. Tournament. It's a great way to meet people.
    2. Big smoke. I don't smoke. I hate smoke. It's a nice chance to meet folks.
    3. Meet the designers, guests. It's always fun to chat with them.
    4. Go out with a group and try some local food. Lots of good eats in DFW.
    5. Play the great selection of games. It is a pinball show!

#115 3 years ago

I'll let someone more official repeat the exact details. For me it's the early access and setup time. I get to meet and greet with the other exhibitors before it's so busy that you can't hear yourself talk. There is an after hours time for exhibitors only as well. Free admission is nice, but I would gladly pay the fee for a weekend like this anyway.

Big smoke is a cigar smoke out by the pool or some similar area with Ed and the cigar peeps.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Priced fairly? It is a sellers market. There are way more bad deals than good deals. You have to negotiate if you want a decent price because everyone has a guppy price on their pin.

I agree a little more with Jared on this one. Many people may add some negotiating room, but not all. If someone takes the time to bring a game to the show for sale, they would indeed like to sell it. Make an offer. Better yet, take a minute to talk to them and learn a little about the game.

Some people have games they don't want to sell, but keep getting hounded. I know of a few folks that purposely put a "go away" price on a game instead of "not for sale". They figure if anyone wants it so bad they will pay that price, they can have it.

I'm hoping to trade a game this year for the first time. I'm looking forward to it.

1 month later
    #297 3 years ago

Frisco to DFW isn't bad. I've made that trip picking up friends and family when attending.

I know at least one room freed up Tuesday. Hotel called me and said I had two rooms reserved. Not sure how that happened, but I didn't need two so one came open.

#472 3 years ago

Great first day! Bring games to TPF and come early. If you like to meet and greet, there is lots of fun to have before the pinball begins. Great time last night with the Pinside crew and the Louisiana delegation at Wild Pitch.

Highlights so far for me.

2 Ghostbusters
    2 Big Lebowski
    2 Full Throttle plus 7 more in a box for sale on site!
    At least one Hobbit. Hopefully more to show up today.
    Tons of great people here to hang out with.

#672 3 years ago

Labnip (left) with his new topper.

image_(resized).jpeg

#853 3 years ago

Special thanks to all the TPF organizers including those who run the swap meet, and tournament. The guys and gals working everything from front desk to loading bay. This was an extremely smooth show.

Organizers, vendors and designers were all extremely accessible and candid with their thoughts on the pinball hobby and industry.

I enjoyed meeting Robin and Martijn and the many Pinsiders from around the world. Thanks JJ for the meet and greet.

My son and I breaking down games before heading back to Louisiana.

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    £ 58.00
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 289.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 17.00
    $ 22.00
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside