Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 8 years ago

This just in:

I may be crapping on Texas in March. Waiting to hear from some people to see if they're going. It'd be great to punk Jared again and meet Labnip, as well as my other Texan brethren and the people I missed by skipping Expo.

This announcement should free up some hotel rooms.

1 week later
    #83 8 years ago

99% sure I'll be at Texas next year. Flying in late Thursday afternoon, flying out Sunday morning. Anything ever going on there on Thursday night? I considered coming back Saturday because most shows are a clusterf**k on the weekends, and lots of machines are already gone/sold.

My wife said, "Is there anything for us to see while we're there?"

"Yeah," I told her. "Armadillos."

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

If she is anything like my wife, she will think she is in heaven with the huge shopping mall across the street.

She'll think she's in heaven with the huge shopping mall and MY credit card. She'll call that her "fee" for accompanying me.

DISCLAIMER: If Joe from PinballStar goes, she'll probably want to hang out with him. She likes him much better than me.

1 week later
    #90 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

TPF doesn't suffer from that issue. The show will be hitting on all cilinders still on Saturday. Stay till Sunday for sure.

I am. Getting in late Thursday afternoon, leaving Sunday morning. Now if the G-D airfares would come back down again...I waited too long and got screwed. The second they drop below $400, I'm booking.

#92 8 years ago

No convenient place to fly out of on Spirit. My friend is a pilot for them, and even I won't fly that airline. My life is too valuable.

1 week later
    #94 8 years ago

I'm Beelzebooked:

Flight....check.
    Hotel...check.
    Car...check.

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

1 month later
    #103 8 years ago

SO excited for this show, and all the people I'm going to meet. This one's all about the people...I don't even care about the machines. How f**ked up is that???

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Should be amusing to see who the Debbie-Downer drips are that will find the whole event to be noisy and annoying.

#139 8 years ago
    Quoted from rccola777:

TPF @ the end of March, getting married the beginning of April. Not sure which one I'm more excited about.

TPF lasts 3 days, and with that attitude, so will your marriage.

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

You just described Beelzeboob to a tee!

Heeeeey! I'm not sweaty...and I'm barely a dude.

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pablomck:

There is a NCAA girls big 12 gymnastics competition in Frisco the same weekend just next door

Well, that just decreased the attendance at TPF by quite a bit. Now we know where all the lonely horny old pinball guys will be hanging out.

1 month later
    #217 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

0 days during weekend
    +
    2 business days
    ------------------------------
    Start TPF
    Update:
    I've had to push off 2 new work meeting requests already for thur & fri

I've got a cigar queued up for Friday night that's so fat, smoking it is gonna remind me of my old prison days.

#220 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Don't drop your lighter

You do that in the clink, and it results in a solid round of ass spelunking.

#222 8 years ago

Gotta be a lot of ex-cons at TPF. I plan to drop a lot of shit on purpose throughout the coming weekend.

#236 8 years ago

Here's a question: If you're not in the tournament, do the doors REALLY open at 5 on Friday? There's nothing to do before then? Because, if that's the case, my wife and I might jump in that lake nearby. Or I may indeed just spank the monkey.

#240 8 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

There is nothing "official" to do before 5 pm and you cannot access the machines in the main hall.
    But there is plenty of socializing that can take place prior to 5pm.
    And if you have a few hours to spare, there is a location within 15-20 minutes drive that has 10-11 Stern Pros on route that cost 4 nickels per game to play. It costs $3 to enter, but the Pinball machines rarely have a line.
    http://www.nickelrama.com
    Marcus

My wife is gonna kill me...

#249 8 years ago

That's true. I guess I could stay in and watch cartoons.

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You could always volunteer prior to 5pm. I'm sure we could find something for you to do.

I just might do that, because hey!...free t-shirt!

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

ATTN: Austin folk- I-35 from Temple through the E/W split was a parking lot. Some was due to construction, some from accidents. Plan accordingly.

Quoted from Snailman:

Hopefully not as bad as last year when an overpass collapsed on I-35 on the transit day to TPF, completely shutting off I-35 in both directions.

Wow. Dallas sounds like a great place to visit. Can't wait to land tomorrow so I can sit in a car for hours.

#292 8 years ago

Well, then...off to bed. 6:30 AM flight tomorrow and gotta get up at 4. See you all at the show!

#399 8 years ago

Just got a preview of the show thanks to Labnip, and met Robin, Martijn, and some moderators who were trying to shut me down.

All wonderful guys, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with them more in the coming days.

On a sad note, I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw Kaneda actually put an ad for his podcast in the welcome packet.

#405 8 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

image_(resized).jpeg

How do I find you tomorrow? Will you be the one with the outrageous Aussie accent?

#416 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

One for the road
    20160317_202825_(resized).jpg

You're flying Spirit? Nice knowin' ya.

#494 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I do wish I was there so I could spoon Labnip to sleep

I took care of it for you. And I wish you were here too...you can spoon me anytime, big boy.

#495 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Speaking of people with better halves
    Beez & his should stay at the main hotel next year

Thanks for mentioning it. I booked early enough to do that, but I'm really a quiet guy and can only take crowds and noise for so long. One of my biggest pet peeves is people stumbling loudly down a hotel hallway in the middle of the night waking me up. I'm grumpy enough without the added sleep deprivation. I'm at the Homewood Suites a half-mile walk away...but we'll stay at the show tonight as late as us old folk can take it.

Thanks again for your Texas hospitality last night!

#498 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Boob you sure your at the right show?

index_(resized).jpeg

Yep. That's the one I'm at.

#555 8 years ago

Lapnip, can you please post the picture of me with Gomez and Trudeau? I'm hoping Flank will see how attractive I am, and maybe he'll spoon me next year, too!

#560 8 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

GB is really sweet, amazing sound and presentation.
    Even with red Dots! It's like saying a movie sucks because it's B&W or had subtitles.

It ain't no RZ...

Can't believe how much fun that machine is!

#625 8 years ago

I finally found Jared! And Dannunz!

20160319_000317_(resized).jpg20160319_000317_(resized).jpg

#702 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Chix really dig the GOTLE.
    If you had one, chix would dig you

I do. It ain't working.

#795 8 years ago

Sitting on the plane at DFW. I'll go into more detail later, but want to thank everybody...all of my pinside brethren, but especially labnip...for the warm welcome. See you next year!

#833 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I would like to thank Ed for suck a awesome show!

So you thought it was awesome, or it sucked?

#862 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Epic. A couple ambassadors of pinside. What a party.

image_(resized).jpeg

I just PM'ed Tim Mezel an hour ago and told him to keep that picture under wraps.

Crap.

#877 8 years ago

This just in: Because of this thread, Apple and Samsung have announced that photo storage in future phones will be available in the following options:

16 GB
    32 GB
    64 GB
    128 GB
    Labnip GB

(Don't know how this dude doesn't run out of space...)

#890 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Just got it back in casa. Going to check the credits. Code update seems to have solved it. No one complained after that.
    But I've only played like twice. Will really put it to the test and get er dialed in this week
    Now I must de-cootie every sqr inch first

Let me know how your left orbit and diverter are. Did anybody mention if they were having problems with the left orbit shot?

#892 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I recall a few people saying the vuk is struggling. Takes 2-4 tries.
    Haven't seen it myself yet.

Right. That, too. I've got the full panoply of crap happening on my machine. But that's because God hates me.

#895 8 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Hey Labnip - Southwest has nonstop flights from Austin to Baltimore that would be perfect for the Allentown show for $177 each way... Bit of a drive from BWI (2.5 hours) but you could pull it off!

And I could host him for once...I owe the guy.

#952 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Did anyone ever see Kaneda at TPF?

Nope. Never saw him.

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpgc6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-texas-pin-fest-2016?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.