Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.
    #251 8 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

http://freeplayrichardson.com/ has beer and mostly arcade games. A few pins too... not sure of condition.

I'm sure of condition....generally crap. They look nice...but they play like crap.

Their Revenge from Mars has flippers set that look like \ / at rest, and there's POWERBALLS or GLOBALLS in it... so it plays all wrong.

*Edit* I'm not trying to bag on Free Play....the place is *awesome*, has a big selection of beer, and most of the arcade games look AND play great!

#254 8 years ago

So, started packing today. FLying on thursdau and approx 24 hours after I leave my house I expect to enter the hotel.

Do I wanna come or not, hell yeah

#255 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think that was Marcos with 2?
    does that mean 3 in total?

Marcos is bringing 2 Ghostbuster LE's

#256 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here's a question: If you're not in the tournament, do the doors REALLY open at 5 on Friday? There's nothing to do before then? Because, if that's the case, my wife and I might jump in that lake nearby. Or I may indeed just spank the monkey.

You could always volunteer prior to 5pm. I'm sure we could find something for you to do.

#257 8 years ago

I'm packing tomorrow and I don't fly until Friday morning... Should be there by 2:00 pm. I really can't wait to get there - the break from the "real job" is always appreciated, but for this? Just WOW!

DC is closing the subway system all day tomorrow ... Hopefully they get it back online as expected after just one day. National airport with no trains running will be a nightmare.

-Rob
    -visit me at TPF! Or at www.kahr.us to get my Daughterboard that helps fic WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

It's been confirmed, Game Exchange will have one at their booth live streaming all weekend. It's available for attendees to play.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-live-stream-of-ghostbusters

Stern has not given us any confirmation that GB will be at the show. Game Exchange does not have a booth at TPF. Jack Danger of Dead Flip is the only approved Live Streamer at TPF.

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Jack Danger of Dead Flip is the only approved Live Streamer at TPF.

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!!!

#260 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Stern has not given us any confirmation that GB will be at the show. Game Exchange does not have a booth at TPF. Jack Danger of Dead Flip is the only approved Live Streamer at TPF.

Fuck it. - Ed, you guys put on such a great show I may be coming anyway. **Everybody please note he could of let these rumor slide and not commented. Instead, he stepped up and set the record straight**

I appreciate your candor, Ed. Please kindly follow up in this thread when/if you get confirmation.

See you guys there.

Kim

#261 8 years ago

JJ posted in another thread that he will have a pro and be streaming people playing it at TPF. cant remember which booth it was going to be set up in. ill find the thread and link it in.

here is the thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-live-stream-of-ghostbusters

#262 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think that was Marcos with 2?
    does that mean 3 in total?

Stern Will have 2 in Stern/Marco's booth unless something changes. Two total for the show that I'm aware of.

We will not have a booth but will be helping in Sterns/Marco's booth

JJ

#263 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

There was talk of two and Gexchange said game*s*, but I didn't see two confirmed in that thread.

Anyone Flying in at DFW around 1pm Friday that needs a ride to tpf? or Leaving on a flight around 11:55am Sunday need a ride to DFW?

JJ

#264 8 years ago

Anyone from st louis going?

#265 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Anyone Flying in at DFW around 1pm Friday that needs a ride to tpf? or Leaving on a flight around 11:55am Sunday need a ride to DFW?

I'll add, I'm flying into LOVE field at 10:15 am Friday and leaving out at 2 pm Sunday. Can give a ride either way.

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

You could always volunteer prior to 5pm. I'm sure we could find something for you to do.

I just might do that, because hey!...free t-shirt!

#267 8 years ago

have a Star Wars arcade game.
    doesn't have PCB and no monitor.
    goes by the name "lucky".

anyone want me to bring to TPF to buy ?
    PM me if you want pix/etc.
    need to know by about 5pm CST Wednesday (tomorrow)

#268 8 years ago

Hobbit LE will be there for sure. It arrived yesterday in our store and Ive been able to enjoy it without lines

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#269 8 years ago

holy bleep !!

1 day to go & i've got like 50 different items flying in different directions for TPF !!!!!!!!!
    oy vey...

#270 8 years ago

still gotta buy up supplies.

ok, let's see:

1. beef jerky
    2. beer (couple of different types for variety & guests)
    3. couple bottles of wine (just in case)
    4. big mug
    5. pocket sized hand sanitizer
    6. gum
    7. aspirin
    8. sun glasses
    9. variety pack of nuts (also available in the Tron thread)
    10. variety of cigars + more for guests
    11. cigar cutter
    12. new multi-pac of lighters
    13. star bucks cards
    14. tooth brush

#271 8 years ago

We checked in the hotel a few hours ago but where's all the games? Are we too early?
    I figured might as well bring the wife and kids down a little early and make a little mini family vacation out of it!
    Safe travels everyone!

#272 8 years ago

I need to load up my pinball machine tonight and head out soon if I'm gonna make it to Dallas in time for the start of the festival.

wagontrain-pinball-transport_(resized).jpgwagontrain-pinball-transport_(resized).jpg

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Stern has not given us any confirmation that GB will be at the show.

They certainly confirmed it during the live stream today.

#274 8 years ago
    Quoted from Leechman:

We checked in the hotel a few hours ago but where's all the games? Are we too early?
    I figured might as well bring the wife and kids down a little early and make a little mini family vacation out of it!
    Safe travels everyone!

April fools.... it's next week

#275 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I need to load up my pinball machine tonight and head out soon if I'm gonna make it to Dallas in time for the start of the festival.

wagontrain-pinball-transport_(resized).jpg

i still have to move 1 pin downstairs

#276 8 years ago

5 down... one to go. Tomorrow afternoon ... before it gets 90 outside.

#277 8 years ago

The weather is a bit... snowy this morning : -5°C
    Let's take a plane and go to the Texas Pinball Festival, a lot of pinball machines, should be warmer

IMG_20160316_074446_(resized).jpgIMG_20160316_074446_(resized).jpg

#278 8 years ago

Left Corpus Christi late yesterday and none too soon. Police everywhere and the spring breakers invading. 85 degrees and climbing. Thankfully, it appears it will be the usual 45 for the Sat morn swap meet!

#279 8 years ago

The swap meet may catch a break! The morning may be cold (upper 30s/low 40s), but it should at least be sunny.

Rain is no longer part of the forecast as of today (Wednesday). Texas weather is crazy though, so come prepared for both a blizzard and a heat wave.

Marcus

#280 8 years ago

FYI: I just booked the last room available in the entire hotel and paid a premium for it. - However, there are near by hotels for any late coming slackers like me.

#281 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: I just booked the last room available in the entire hotel and paid a premium for it. - However, there are near by hotels for any late coming slackers like me.

Premium? Should have gone with the LE room. 10k by Xmas.

#282 8 years ago

Anyone bringing 'The Pin'? Still haven't seen one in person, though one popped up in Las Cruces near El Paso recently.

#283 8 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Anyone bringing 'The Pin'? Still haven't seen one in person, though one popped up in Las Cruces near El Paso recently.

Are they allowed? I know Zizzles are actually prohibited in the exhibitor FAQ. The Pin is a different beast, though.

#284 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Thanks for the heads up. I called a couple days ago and they said they were oversold, but I called back just now and booked the "last room" as well. For a nice little premium of course.

#285 8 years ago

ATTN: Austin folk- I-35 from Temple through the E/W split was a parking lot. Some was due to construction, some from accidents. Plan accordingly.

#286 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

ATTN: Austin folk- I-35 from Temple through the E/W split was a parking lot. Some was due to construction, some from accidents. Plan accordingly.

oh nuts...

#287 8 years ago

I'll be in Dallas on Thursday. Anything worth doing?

#288 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Hopefully not as bad as last year when an overpass collapsed on I-35 on the transit day to TPF, completely shutting off I-35 in both directions.

#289 8 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Hopefully not as bad as last year when an overpass collapsed on I-35 on the transit day to TPF, completely shutting off I-35 in both directions.

yep. that was totally whack

#290 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Quoted from Snailman:

Wow. Dallas sounds like a great place to visit. Can't wait to land tomorrow so I can sit in a car for hours.

#291 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wow. Dallas sounds like a great place to visit. Can't wait to land tomorrow so I can sit in a car for hours.

We're fine here in DFW. All the crap is south of here on the road from Austin and thereabouts.

#292 8 years ago

Well, then...off to bed. 6:30 AM flight tomorrow and gotta get up at 4. See you all at the show!

#293 8 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

I'm packing tomorrow

done! Now if I could just get Thursday out of the way so I could get on my Friday AM plane...

-Rob
    -visit me at TPF! Or at http://www.kahr.us to get my Daughterboard that helps fic WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#294 8 years ago

Got a vid loaded up tonight

Hit the grocery store for munchies & picked a few wine bottles from the cellar.

Time to rummage the humidor next

#295 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I'll be in Dallas on Thursday. Anything worth doing?

Debbie?

Kidding. Seriously though I may go check out nickelrama, never been. Hit me up if you feel like meeting up. Because there's not already enough pinball this weekend.

#296 8 years ago

never met her. Will the wife dig her?

#297 8 years ago

Frisco to DFW isn't bad. I've made that trip picking up friends and family when attending.

I know at least one room freed up Tuesday. Hotel called me and said I had two rooms reserved. Not sure how that happened, but I didn't need two so one came open.

#298 8 years ago

Well...heading to the airport in a few hours...I'm a TPF virgin, so looking forward to a good time. Will be around all day Friday at the show...

Time to step back into the pinball world!

#299 8 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm a TPF virgin

You'll always remember your first.

#300 8 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

You'll always remember your first.

Or you won't, depends how much time you spend with way2wyrd and tigerlaw...

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-texas-pin-fest-2016/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.