Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.
    #151 8 years ago

Just as a FYI, I spoke with Hilton Garden Inn and they are down to one King Size Bedroom at the the TPF rate. TPF will be packed this year.

#152 8 years ago

Flight: check
    Room: check
    Car: check
    Pinball Magazine will be at TPF16. Pinball Magazine No. 3 will be available at the show, but in limited quantity. To reserve a copy: send me a private message.
    Looking forward to a great show, meeting great people and having a great time

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Just as a FYI, I spoke with Hilton Garden Inn and they are down to one King Size Bedroom at the the TPF rate. TPF will be packed this year.

Not any more, just snagged it up

#154 8 years ago

Ok... is there a point I which we stop asking people to attend?
    It's funking ridiculous secondary hotels are selling out in Jan.
    I don't want you crazy people beating up my machines.

#155 8 years ago

In another universe, we call that "Admiring" your machines.

#156 8 years ago

Guys/ gals I'll check on Monday about getting rooms added in our block at Hilton garden inn. There are rooms at aloft, home wood suites and home 2. There's not a real issue yet. But I'm expecting one shortly . There is a NCAA girls big 12 gymnastics competition in Frisco the same weekend just next door

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pablomck:

Guys/ gals I'll check on Monday about getting rooms added in our block at Hilton garden inn. There are rooms at aloft, home wood suites and home 2. There's not a real issue yet. But I'm expecting one shortly . There is a NCAA girls big 12 gymnastics competition in Frisco the same weekend just next door

Aloft is a great place to stay and very well within walking distance.

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pablomck:

There is a NCAA girls big 12 gymnastics competition in Frisco the same weekend just next door

Well, that just decreased the attendance at TPF by quite a bit. Now we know where all the lonely horny old pinball guys will be hanging out.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

In another universe, we call that "Admiring" your machines.

LoL. I know I have a smart quip somewhere in my head.... but it's not coming forth.

1 month later
    #160 8 years ago

It's getting close.

less than 3 weeks away ?

ps. i have a Star Wars Episode 1 for sale.

1 week later
    #161 8 years ago

What's shipping from DFW area to Seattle running these days?

#162 8 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

What's shipping from DFW area to Seattle running these days?

for a pin or vid, door to door? ...about $360-$390-ish

#163 8 years ago

pin and could be terminal to terminal if needed. Im always looking for good games.....

#164 8 years ago

Anyone else staying at the Hampton? Don't think it's quite walking distance so can always shuttle a few over we me if anyone needs a ride. Booked this back in January and got a great deal.

#165 8 years ago

Are we there yet ?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#166 8 years ago

Might be able to get a cheap flight there and back for the TPF, just wondering if any of you locals can offer a spare room or couch for a fair price. PM me. Nothing concrete yet, I would like to rent a car stay Fri and Sat night, leave Sun. Thanks!

#167 8 years ago

2 days during weekend
    +
    3 business days
    ------------------------------
    Start TPF

#168 8 years ago

I think I will bring my Andromeda now that I see Greg Freres is attending. I want to know if he remembers signing that backglass and if he knows the story of why it has no Tilt and Game over type words on it.

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I think I will bring my Andromeda now that I see Greg Freres is attending. I want to know if he remembers signing that backglass and if he knows the story of why it has no Tilt and Game over type words on it.

Awesome! Just don't call Paul Faris, the artist who did Andromeda and will be at the show: Greg Freres, who will not be at the show

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I want to know if he remembers signing that backglass and if he knows the story of why it has no Tilt and Game over type words on it.

Interesting. I'd like to know why!

#171 8 years ago

1 day during weekend
    +
    3 business days
    Start TPF

4-day-timer_(resized).png4-day-timer_(resized).png

#172 8 years ago

Hopefully get to see you at TPF labnip.

I'll be at the Meet & Greet along with Big Smoke.

Ken

#173 8 years ago

Getting moderate pangs of regret, but there is always next year...

#174 8 years ago

Tourney standings anywhere online? Hope the show is going great.

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Doesn't start for a few more days....

#176 8 years ago

standings website should be live by 11am friday. i believe it will be hosted on the neverdrains site, but i'm sure an exact link will be posted as soon as it is released

#177 8 years ago

Getting to look like a better lineup of EM's and early SS for 2016 than last year..........cool!

Ken

#178 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Getting moderate pangs of regret,

Don't fret Frax!

Just drop off your Gottlieb Crescendo to the show for us to enjoy and all will be forgiven in your absence.

Ken

#179 8 years ago

I won't be doing any offsite big smoke/restaurant meetups. No time. Heck, probably won't even make it to the hotel's free beer happy hour thing. Expecting a lot of people at the VECTOR booth from Pinside and from all over... gotta represent. But do come by and say hello and be sure to get in a game on the Freedom prototype. Tis a fun one.

#180 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Awesome! Just don't call Paul Faris, the artist who did Andromeda and will be at the show: Greg Freres, who will not be at the show

OLO Ooops

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Getting moderate pangs of regret, but there is always next year...

what if there wasn't ? ?

surprise-1.gifsurprise-1.gif

#182 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Don't fret Frax!
    Just drop off your Gottlieb Crescendo to the show for us to enjoy and all will be forgiven in your absence.
    Ken

Would if I could, man. I fly out on wednesday.

#183 8 years ago

Be sure to come to the Multimorphic seminar at 12:00pm (noon) on Saturday. We'll be showing how the new ideas we've implemented in the P3 can help to deliver both exciting traditional games as well as new styles of gameplay, all while delivering the lowest price per game in the industry. With that in mind, we'll be unveiling 4 new games for the P3!

... and if that's not enough to entice you... Free lunch and giveaways!

More details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-revealing-four-new-games-at-tpf

- Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

#184 8 years ago

Just counted up 61 EM flipper games out of 342 games total so far for TPF. That is almost 18% and is huge.

Thanks for all that are bringing games to share.

#185 8 years ago

I should have got my ticket when they were cheaper, since I'm local and knew I was going, but c'est la vie. Is there any advantage to buying online now versus at the venue on Friday afternoon at this point? The price will be the same, but are there any plusses?

Brad

#186 8 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Thanks!
    www.neverdrains.com/tpf2016 is the link.

#187 8 years ago

OK I play. Make sure to come visit the history of pinball booth and say hi! We have 11 flipper less prewar machines on freeplay. 3%

--Jeff

#188 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

OK I play. Make sure to come visit the history of pinball booth and say hi! We have 11 flipper less prewar machines on freeplay. 3%
    --Jeff

Looking forward to it, Jeff!
    Will there also be a history of beer?

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Will there also be a history of beer?

But of course. I think we're planning on sours this year.

-Jeff

#190 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

--Jeff

I have a 1932 keeny and sons rainbo flipper less. It's in good condition and works great. Any interest in it. I'll bring it if I could get a buyer.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#191 8 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

Just counted up 61 EM flipper games out of 342 games total so far for TPF. That is almost 18% and is huge.
    Thanks for all that are bringing games to share.

Wow... hadn't checked... happy to hear it! Looks like VECTOR is fielding about 20% of the EM's on the floor this year. All of which have been worked on at the Dallas Makerspace and brought several new members into the arcade/pinball hobby via our committee. Some are doing re-themes, some are adding new tech, some are learning how to refurbish them, and some are doing top-level restorations. We'll have examples of each in our booth.

Really glad to see "Team EM" making such a solid appearance this year. EM's are my favorite era, no contest.

#192 8 years ago

What is VECTOR?

#193 8 years ago

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/VECTOR_Committee#Members

Basically we're a bunch of hackerspace geeks who like pinball & arcade tech. VECTOR is a committee within the Dallas Makerspace to learn how to restore/build/fix arcade and pinball machines and make your own.

We'll have a booth at TPF this year featuring the machines our members worked on.

#194 8 years ago

0 days during weekend
    +
    3 business days
    Start TPF

3-days-to-go.jpg3-days-to-go.jpg

#195 8 years ago

excited-tpf-1.gifexcited-tpf-1.gif

#196 8 years ago

excited-elf-tpf-1.gifexcited-elf-tpf-1.gif

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

But of course. I think we're planning on sours this year.
    -Jeff

YOU'RE KILLING ME, MAN.

#198 8 years ago

excited-3-tpf-omg-1.gifexcited-3-tpf-omg-1.gif

#199 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I have a 1932 keeny and sons rainbo flipper less

Oooh pretty! We have room in the booth if you'd like to bring it to display and sell

-Jeff

#200 8 years ago

I hear a Tron is going to be at TPF !!!

excited-4-quorra-tpf-1.gifexcited-4-quorra-tpf-1.gif

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-texas-pin-fest-2016/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.