Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.
    #951 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Did anyone ever see Kaneda at TPF? Heard he was suppose to be there, but never saw him personally...just curious after seeing his Kaneda Podcast flyer in the TPF welcome package. Say what you will about the guy, but if he hadn't constantly stirred it up on Pinside, no one would even know who he was, let alone consider listening to his podcast. We can't help ourselves...it's like slowing down to look at a car wreck. Maybe there is a method to his madness...

Yep, saw him a couple times. He won a t-shirt at the Multimorphic seminar.

#952 8 years ago

Did anyone ever see Kaneda at TPF?

Nope. Never saw him.

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpgc6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#953 8 years ago

Creech had mini legs because the cabinet was about a foot deeper than standard. There was a tv screen in the lower playfield and this created huge cabinet sides for the hand drawn artwork. With standard legs you would need a stepladder to play it!

#954 8 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Creech had mini legs because the cabinet was about a foot deeper than standard. There was a tv screen in the lower playfield and this created huge cabinet sides for the hand drawn artwork. With standard legs you would need a stepladder to play it!

anyone get video of that?

#955 8 years ago

Did anyone ever see Kaneda at TPF? Heard he was suppose to be there, but never saw him personally...just curious after seeing his Kaneda Podcast flyer in the TPF welcome package. Say what you will about the guy, but if he hadn't constantly stirred it up on Pinside, no one would even know who he was, let alone consider listening to his podcast. We can't help ourselves...it's like slowing down to look at a car wreck. Maybe there is a method to his madness...

My brother and I talked with him for about 30 min. in the Pinside booth.
    Seemed like a normal guy that really loves pinball.
    I find a lot of his podcast to be good.
    Not flawless certainly but entertaining.

#956 8 years ago

haha what? It was a standard cab, they wanted it on short legs as it was on a rotating turn table but still wanted it the same height as a regular game so people could see inside it.

#957 8 years ago

I met Kaneda late Friday night while standing in line for The Big Lewbowski. We actually played the game together. He seemed down to earth and a normal person. I enjoyed meeting him.

#958 8 years ago

That's a common mod kit, it doesn't involve making the cabinet deeper. I have one I'm about to install in my Creech.

#959 8 years ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

11-ball multiball is crazy.

Definitely, but the makers told me something in particular about that specific reward. I don't really want to spoil it here, so I posted the spoiler on this Tweet at https://twitter.com/SWebCEO/status/712682164035448832 in case you care to learn more about the 11-ball multiball.

(One common trick is to change the text color so you can only read it if you highlight it with the mouse, but I didn't find a way to do that here on the Forums.)

#960 8 years ago
    Quoted from t3amaw3s0m3:

I met the Spinal Tap makers next to the machine and we geeked out over it for a little while. They opened up the coin door to show me all their custom wiring job (no original wiring harnesses involved) inside the cabinet. That's definitely the part I'm least looking forward to if I do something similar. They are also software & hardware people professionally, so everything was done from scratch. There were no frameworks used (e.g. Mission Pinball); it's controlled by a Mac Mini with a GPIO expander (though he didn't mention P-ROC IIRC - that may have been custom too).
    The art on it was very impressive and there were some pretty hilarious modes you could hit, like special video clips upon achieving certain goals, and a random award selector that would give you either an 11-ball multiball, 17 (?) points, or others.

Yea, It was awesome. I don't know how many ball multiball but the "cheap" points had me in tears.

#961 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks for the great pics labnip. Next best thing to being there especially for us geographically challenged pinsiders.
    Was that the Creech with the mini legs on the pedestool that was under wraps? What was the deal with that? Was it just pimped out? Why the mini legs?

yep. they were just using it to promote side-mirrors.
    no reveal of any kind

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-texas-pin-fest-2016/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.