5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 891 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.
    #901 4 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

I own yukon special and used to own yukon u.s. the European version is way better. It's more of a long target game that you can skillfully aim and shoot and advance play. The center bumper on the US version just ruins that and makes you shoot for action and just hope you hit the targets on the reels

I should try Yukon Special before passing judgment... but the smaller 2" flippers, removed middle pop-up post, only two kickouts, and plain 1-2-3-4 sequential slot machine numbers instead of colorful icons didn't look as interesting as the more common 5-bumper layout w/more random wins and scoring.

Hmmmm... will have to find this one and try it somewhere...

#902 4 years ago

What a great game. And a Gottlieb too

image_(resized).jpeg

#903 4 years ago

A few more that really great imo.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#904 4 years ago

I'm on a roll

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#905 4 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Audit thread for TPF would be sweet. I'm pretty sure the owner of Reverse Flush posted that it got over 1k plays over the weekend. I believe it, it's crazy hard with the reverse flippers, intriguing, and was in a great corner spot.
    That's halfway to a high score reset for Sterns....

Assuming the total plays meter counts downward on Reverse Flush (to be keeping with the theme); I hope a new meter was installed. Otherwise it will be a pain to calculate if the original number of plays weren't recorded somewhere.

#906 4 years ago

The official play count for the Reverse Flush is 1004 plays. I just checked the counter....jeesh, that's equivalent to probably 10 years of play in my gameroom.

Alan

#907 4 years ago

Thanks for all the photos folks--I've been enjoying scrolling through them. Looks like the show was a blast

#908 4 years ago

Here is a pic of my dad with Mark Ritchie and his blue ribbon winning Taxi It was kind of neat that he came up after the show and complimented him on the machine.

10001495_10204383185180182_3398749347140043115_n_(resized).jpg

#909 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Here is a pic of my dad with Mark Ritchie and his blue ribbon winning Taxi It was kind of neat that he came up after the show and complimented him on the machine.

That Taxi was crazy nice. I enjoyed getting to play it. Please thank your dad from me for bringing it!

#910 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

That Taxi was crazy nice. I enjoyed getting to play it. Please thank your dad from me for bringing it!

Second that. We didn't play very many games all weekend, but we played that gorgeous Taxi several times. Nicest one I've ever seen.

#911 4 years ago

I thought I saw a Spinal Tap pin moving in on the first day. Did anyone get any pictures or play it?

I'll be there next year.

#912 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Second that. We didn't play very many games all weekend, but we played that gorgeous Taxi several times. Nicest one I've ever seen.

Third-ed....that Taxi played like butter! Enjoyed playing a nice example.

Quoted from Quadrat:

I thought I saw a Spinal Tap pin moving in on the first day. Did anyone get any pictures or play it?
    I'll be there next year.

I played a game on it....it was a converted Flash Gordon. It kept my attention....upper Stern type flipper was a little smaller feeling that the traditional, but it packed a punch!

#913 4 years ago

Spinal Tap

image_(resized).jpeg

#914 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Times a hundred. This was probably the best playing Taxi I have ever come across. Mas kudos on that work!

#915 4 years ago

Yes that was done by the guys at 1984 Arcade in Springfield, Mo. It will be on location for play pretty soon. I would imagine they will bring it back next year.

#916 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Third-ed....that Taxi played like butter! Enjoyed playing a nice example.

I played a game on it....it was a converted Flash Gordon. It kept my attention....upper Stern type flipper was a little smaller feeling that the traditional, but it packed a punch!

Thanks Captive Ball, Fan of the movie.

#917 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cdoubleu1:

Spinal Tap

image_(resized).jpeg

Very Cool Thanks for the picture Cdoubleu1.
    I love how it goes to 11...as it should

#918 4 years ago

I didn't see the reply until today. I'm at work now lol

#919 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I got a chance to hang out with your dad during TPF and talk about his Taxi. Great guy and great pin! Sorry I didn't get a chance to see and talk to you there. I'll be back in Springfield in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can meet up at 1984 and play some pinball!

#920 4 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

I got a chance to hang out with your dad during TPF and talk about his Taxi. Great guy and great pin! Sorry I didn't get a chance to see and talk to you there. I'll be back in Springfield in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can meet up at 1984 and play some pinball!

Sounds good to me!

#921 4 years ago

Gov, I was bummed I didn't get to meet you or your father either. Crazy since I was just across the aisle near the Marco booth. We played Taxi just before the show started....played so fast and hard I had several bricked shots due to bounce outs. Just a STUNNING example. Congrats on the win!

#922 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Gov, I was bummed I didn't get to meet you or your father either. Crazy since I was just across the aisle near the Marco booth. We played Taxi just before the show started....played so fast and hard I had several bricked shots due to bounce outs. Just a STUNNING example. Congrats on the win!

Man that is 2 years in a row we failed to meet up. There is always next year

#923 4 years ago

Dang, didn't get a chance to see or play Taxi. So many games to play, so little time.

#924 4 years ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

Very Cool Thanks for the picture Cdoubleu1.
    I love how it goes to 11...as it should

As well as having "Dubly" sound.

"We are Spinal Tap of the UK. And you must be the USA"

#925 4 years ago
    Quoted from Quadrat:

I met the Spinal Tap makers next to the machine and we geeked out over it for a little while. They opened up the coin door to show me all their custom wiring job (no original wiring harnesses involved) inside the cabinet. That's definitely the part I'm least looking forward to if I do something similar. They are also software & hardware people professionally, so everything was done from scratch. There were no frameworks used (e.g. Mission Pinball); it's controlled by a Mac Mini with a GPIO expander (though he didn't mention P-ROC IIRC - that may have been custom too).

The art on it was very impressive and there were some pretty hilarious modes you could hit, like special video clips upon achieving certain goals, and a random award selector that would give you either an 11-ball multiball, 17 (?) points, or others.

#926 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#927 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#928 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#929 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#930 4 years ago
    Quoted from t3amaw3s0m3:

I met the Spinal Tap makers next to the machine and we geeked out over it for a little while. They opened up the coin door to show me all their custom wiring job (no original wiring harnesses involved) inside the cabinet. That's definitely the part I'm least looking forward to if I do something similar. They are also software & hardware people professionally, so everything was done from scratch. There were no frameworks used (e.g. Mission Pinball); it's controlled by a Mac Mini with a GPIO expander (though he didn't mention P-ROC IIRC - that may have been custom too).
    The art on it was very impressive and there were some pretty hilarious modes you could hit, like special video clips upon achieving certain goals, and a random award selector that would give you either an 11-ball multiball, 17 (?) points, or others.

Hope they are at future shows would love to check it out.
    11-ball multiball is crazy. I think Apollo 13 has 13-ball multiball but still Wow.
    Thanks for sharing the info

#931 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#932 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#933 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#934 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#935 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#936 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#937 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#938 4 years ago

#939 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#940 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

The end

#941 4 years ago

Thanks for all the pictures labnip. I enjoyed the show from afar.

#942 4 years ago

Pink wireforms on creech look sweet!

#943 4 years ago

Never

Onward to TPF 2017

Ken

#944 4 years ago

Who was the mini-chick with the following camera crew?

#945 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Yes. That pin is insane Bling-Blinged out. All kindsa pimping going on.

#946 4 years ago

Finally GOT to play a game

image_(resized).jpg

#947 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Who was the mini-chick with the following camera crew?

She was doing video interviews for events about "arcade culture". She's working on a film she wants to get entered into niche film competitions/events.

#948 4 years ago

Did anyone ever see Kaneda at TPF? Heard he was suppose to be there, but never saw him personally...just curious after seeing his Kaneda Podcast flyer in the TPF welcome package. Say what you will about the guy, but if he hadn't constantly stirred it up on Pinside, no one would even know who he was, let alone consider listening to his podcast. We can't help ourselves...it's like slowing down to look at a car wreck. Maybe there is a method to his madness...

#949 4 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Thanks for the great pics labnip. Next best thing to being there especially for us geographically challenged pinsiders.

Was that the Creech with the mini legs on the pedestool that was under wraps? What was the deal with that? Was it just pimped out? Why the mini legs?

#950 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Quoted from labnip:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 79.99
    Apparel - Unisex
    PinShades
    There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside