4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 961 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 891 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

c6da62004bc9a40b3425c329796495e917ea9507.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.
    #851 3 years ago

Last pin out, great show!

image_(resized).jpeg

#852 3 years ago

Thanks to whomever brought the andromeda, amazing fathom, great fire, see through em, upside down em, frontier, and a few others i am forgetting. Super fun games and really cool to play some of these decks.

I had a lot of fun playing RZ, fullt, gb, and p3. Would have liked to play lebowski but waited in line three times and each time there was and issue with the game which took it down for a bit. New code looks to be cool but heavy focus on bowling? What did others think that got to play it?

#853 3 years ago

Special thanks to all the TPF organizers including those who run the swap meet, and tournament. The guys and gals working everything from front desk to loading bay. This was an extremely smooth show.

Organizers, vendors and designers were all extremely accessible and candid with their thoughts on the pinball hobby and industry.

I enjoyed meeting Robin and Martijn and the many Pinsiders from around the world. Thanks JJ for the meet and greet.

My son and I breaking down games before heading back to Louisiana.

image_(resized).jpeg

#854 3 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

Thanks for all the pics labnip (and other contributors). We now enter the saddest part of the calendar, the furthest time until the next TPF...

Now it is time to start looking forward to HAAG!!!

#855 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks to whomever brought the andromeda,

Sealclubber brought that game. I'm bummed I didn't get to play it even though it was in the Pinside booth. Next time!!!

#856 3 years ago

Most everybody at the autograph session on Saturday night was prepared with translates and aprons to be signed. I wasn't prepared, but had one of my favorite shirts on, so I had the boys sign my shirt.

Thanks to all that make TPF the awesome show that it is. Already planning our trip back for 2017.

TPF 2016 (33 Photos):
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/albums/72157663878465263

aIMG_8418_(resized).JPG
    bIMG_8384_(resized).JPG
    bIMG_8390_(resized).JPG
    bIMG_8395_(resized).JPG
    IMG_8381_(resized).JPG
    IMG_8371_(resized).JPG
    vIMG_8376d_(resized).JPG
    wIMG_8400_(resized).JPG
    xIMG_8361_(resized).JPG
    xIMG_8357_(resized).JPG
    yIMG_8409_(resized).JPG
    zIMG_8349_(resized).JPG
    zIMG_8355_(resized).JPG

#857 3 years ago

Thanks for all the pics of the show. Would have been great to be there but it's a bit far from here and the cost would nearly buy an a pinball not that I need another one etc.

Hopefully everyone had a great time there and will be back in 2017.

#858 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So you thought it was awesome, or it sucked?

Awesome of course! Best part was hanging with the Boob.

#859 3 years ago

Awesome show as always. Gets better every year. Thanks to everyone who helped make this show amazing.

#860 3 years ago

My first time at TPF was great, congratulations and appreciation to those who put in the time and effort to make it a 1st class event

I had a great conversation with Robin about the site and look forward to the planned changes and efforts to keep this a great place for pinball lovers.

Reading the comments about the number of machines down at any one time. To me there were moments it "felt" like 50% because it always seemed to be something I wanted to play but realistically it was probably around 10-15% (numbers that seem to be reflected in the message regarding the record attempt). I will say the number of down machines was more than offset by quality of the machines that were working

It can't be easy to keep that many going, especially when the condition at the start may not have been 100%. A few specific pins didn't seem to hold up well and were up and down. One I would have purchased at the start was out of contention at the end because it was having so many issues (considering the HUO claim). But overall I was pleased with the quantity and quality.

#861 3 years ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

Got to meet Robin and talked to George Gomez while he was working on spider man pretty cool

image_(resized).jpeg

Isn't George like a VP there now? Good to see he can still get his hands dirty.

#862 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Epic. A couple ambassadors of pinside. What a party.

image_(resized).jpeg

I just PM'ed Tim Mezel an hour ago and told him to keep that picture under wraps.

Crap.

#863 3 years ago

Hola amigos... just started a post-TPF impressions thread in case you'd like to post a summary of your experiences. I'll add links to external news sites when they arrive as well. Cheers all. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2016-impressions-thread-wrap-up

#864 3 years ago

Random thoughts from the show:

Show was fantastic. Second year for me and my wife and we'll be back next year for sure. People who put on shows like this are a special breed. I can't imagine the amount of work involved. Ed and his crew do a great job.

If you saw me all day with a Starbucks coffee cup in my hand, it was not coffee.

Every time I get home from a show, there are people I wish I had spent more time with. Happens all the time. I talked briefly with Robin and Martijn (he never did tell me why the f there's a j in his name) but they were eating so I didn't want to bother them too much. Every other time I went by their booth, they were busy with others so I went and found more Starbucks coffee.

Beelzeboob is semi normal. Really!!

My wife's only request as she left for shopping Saturday morning was to not end up in jail. I did not end up in jail. I did, however, spend time visiting with hotel security, but rolling six cases of beer through the lobby may have had something to do with that.

Designers are normal people, just like everyone. Give them shit and they will give it right back. Mark Ritchie has a more famous brother involved in pinball. Who knew??

I had the pleasure of beating Steve Ritchie for his trophy on RZ. Steve is a pretty decent player.

The food truck food was really, really good. What a great way to provide a variety of food for the show.

Some of the show help weren't the brightest. I came through the door one morning before hours and the women stopped me and said I needed a green wristband to get in. I said my wristband IS green. She said OK, you can go in.

Numerous vendors I talked with mentioned how easy the show staff is to work with and how helpful they were in getting their booths set up. WAY more so than a big show in Chicago.

Starbucks coffee in Texas tastes WAY different than what we get in MN.

THANK YOU Ed and staff. You all put on one hell of a great show!!

#865 3 years ago

Just looking a couple of posts up, did Heighway have Full Throttle's there available to purchase?

#866 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Just looking a couple of posts up, did Heighway have Full Throttle's there available to purchase?

Cointaker is the US Distributor. They had Full Throttle to sell there, and still do .

#867 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Awesome pictures!
    Why is ColorDMD demoing in a NBAFB? Is it supported? If so, I'm getting one.

Corvette and NBAFB both were showing off the Sigma display. Neither are colorized at the moment.
    With any B/W, DE or Stern...if it fits, you can Sigma it.

#868 3 years ago

Thanks to everyone who brought games. It was great see so many games that I have never seen before. There were a few games down when I wanted to play and a few not working right when I played. However, games that were done were up later so no complaints from me. Most games were played nonstop the whole time so having some go down is expected.

It was also my first time at TPF. I would go more often if it was during spring break every year.

#869 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just PM'ed Tim Mezel an hour ago and told him to keep that picture under wraps.
    Crap.

Under wraps? It should have been deleted and any hard drive left with the soiled bits sent through a worm-hole.

At least a NSFW (OAE) Or Anywhere Else.

#870 3 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Under wraps? It should have been deleted and any hard drive left with the soiled bits sent through a worm-hole.
    At least a NSFW (OAE) Or Anywhere Else.

It's too late. Some things can NOT be unseen.

#871 3 years ago

This was my second TPF. Thought it was GREAT again. Want to come back next year. Does anyone know the dates for next years show yet?

#872 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinworthy:

Reading the comments about the number of machines down at any one time. To me there were moments it "felt" like 50% because it always seemed to be something I wanted to play but realistically it was probably around 10-15% (numbers that seem to be reflected in the message regarding the record attempt). I will say the number of down machines was more than offset by quality of the machines that were working

It can't be easy to keep that many going, especially when the condition at the start may not have been 100%. A few specific pins didn't seem to hold up well and were up and down. One I would have purchased at the start was out of contention at the end because it was having so many issues (considering the HUO claim). But overall I was pleased with the quantity and quality.

This is a struggle for all shows and some handle it better than others. I think it's getting a lot better than it used to be because of all the comments. Attendees expect most of the machines to be up and running and there for the entire show, and shows listen to your feedback and are prioritizing both game prep and onsite repair more. But there is still a long way to go. We all have had that time where you get all your games working great and then have a few friends over for a party and the one game people want to play most suddenly has a problem, it's the worst feeling as a collector and kind of embarrassing. No show wants a bunch of games down, but it can be a constant struggle to keep 200+ games all up and running.

#873 3 years ago
    Quoted from bearsfan27:

This was my second TPF. Thought it was GREAT again. Want to come back next year. Does anyone know the dates for next years show yet?

According to twitter an hour ago - March 24-26, 2017

#874 3 years ago

I was running the display in Sigma. It is not fully colorized.

#875 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#876 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

#877 3 years ago

This just in: Because of this thread, Apple and Samsung have announced that photo storage in future phones will be available in the following options:

16 GB
    32 GB
    64 GB
    128 GB
    Labnip GB

(Don't know how this dude doesn't run out of space...)

#878 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Is the Yukon next to Freedom the European model or is the playfield like Klondike/Gold Rush/Jackpot?

The Klondike game was nearly right behind the curtain from our Yukon and had a nearly identical setup. Nicovolta says the European version with only 4 pop bumpers (Yukon Special) is less fun. But if you happen to try one, let me know.

It was nice meeting a lot of people who remembered growing up with Klondike/Gold Rush/etc., and especially David Phelps whose Klondike game last year inspired me to find a similar one.

#879 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

My son and I breaking down games before heading back to Louisiana.

image_(resized).jpeg

Pretty cool to see that. I started my son repairlng pins at a young age. He helped at the old Detroit EM Pinball club and then at Tilt Town and then the moves from Tilt Town to Flipper City and then to the current VFW pinball museum. Now he's one of the technicians for the annual Showcase and other events.

Gotta keep the hobby filled with younger members as we won't always be around....

#880 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

This just in: Because of this thread, Apple and Samsung have announced that photo storage in future phones will be available in the following options:
    16 GB
    32 GB
    64 GB
    128 GB
    Labnip GB

Apple has a special server farm built here in Texas for genetic nips of the lab for him so no worries and no talking about please

#881 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

16 GB
    32 GB
    64 GB
    128 GB
    Labnip GB

I think my phone is actually heavier now

#882 3 years ago

I can finally get a chance to play

Name the 2 vids behind it...

image_(resized).jpg

#883 3 years ago

Stargate and something..... almost looks like an Atari cabaret.

#884 3 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Name the 2 vids behind it...

Joust!

#885 3 years ago

Joust pinball is hiding back there.
    You get the Easter egg bonus.

...but what's that other vid?

#886 3 years ago

How many plays did you end up with on that Game of Thrones for the weekend? Did the code update fix the throne? I never got a chance to talk to you to find out.

#887 3 years ago

Is there a list somewhere of what games won what awards?

#888 3 years ago
    Quoted from t3amaw3s0m3:

The Klondike game was nearly right behind the curtain from our Yukon and had a nearly identical setup. Nicovolta says the European version with only 4 pop bumpers (Yukon Special) is less fun. But if you happen to try one, let me know.
    It was nice meeting a lot of people who remembered growing up with Klondike/Gold Rush/etc., and especially David Phelps whose Klondike game last year inspired me to find a similar one.

I own yukon special and used to own yukon u.s. the European version is way better. It's more of a long target game that you can skillfully aim and shoot and advance play. The center bumper on the US version just ruins that and makes you shoot for action and just hope you hit the targets on the reels

#889 3 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

How many plays did you end up with on that Game of Thrones for the weekend? Did the code update fix the throne? I never got a chance to talk to you to find out.

Just got it back in casa. Going to check the credits. Code update seems to have solved it. No one complained after that.
    But I've only played like twice. Will really put it to the test and get er dialed in this week

Now I must de-cootie every sqr inch first

#890 3 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Just got it back in casa. Going to check the credits. Code update seems to have solved it. No one complained after that.
    But I've only played like twice. Will really put it to the test and get er dialed in this week
    Now I must de-cootie every sqr inch first

Let me know how your left orbit and diverter are. Did anybody mention if they were having problems with the left orbit shot?

#891 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Let me know how your left orbit and diverter are. Did anybody mention if they were having problems with the left orbit shot?

I recall a few people saying the vuk is struggling. Takes 2-4 tries.
    Haven't seen it myself yet.

#892 3 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I recall a few people saying the vuk is struggling. Takes 2-4 tries.
    Haven't seen it myself yet.

Right. That, too. I've got the full panoply of crap happening on my machine. But that's because God hates me.

#893 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Right. That, too. I've got the full panoply of crap happening on my machine. But that's because God hates me.

Take a number bud

#894 3 years ago

Kahr.us and ezSBC got home safely. I was glad to be a part of the show again this year and Daniel was amazed at the whole experience. I think I was a lot happier than I look in the pic at the top of page 15 of this thread. You Texans are great hosts!

Hey Labnip - Southwest has nonstop flights from Austin to Baltimore that would be perfect for the Allentown show for $177 each way... Bit of a drive from BWI (2.5 hours) but you could pull it off!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#895 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Hey Labnip - Southwest has nonstop flights from Austin to Baltimore that would be perfect for the Allentown show for $177 each way... Bit of a drive from BWI (2.5 hours) but you could pull it off!

And I could host him for once...I owe the guy.

#896 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Kahr.us and ezSBC got home safely. I was glad to be a part of the show again this year and Daniel was amazed at the whole experience. I think I was a lot happier than I look in the pic at the top of page 15 of this thread. You Texans are great hosts!
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

Cool. I need to get there.
    I hear I've got some competition for best trouble maker of the show, up in them thar parts

#897 3 years ago

Is there an audit thread? Haven't been able to check EBD and Space Invaders yet, but the Acrylic Pin had just over 810 plays between Thurs night and Sun afternoon. Insane!!!

#898 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Is there an audit thread? Haven't been able to check EBD and Space Invaders yet, but the Acrylic Pin had just over 810 plays between Thurs night and Sun afternoon. Insane!!!

Dang. That's got to be a record !

Here's the audit thread

#899 3 years ago

Audit thread for TPF would be sweet. I'm pretty sure the owner of Reverse Flush posted that it got over 1k plays over the weekend. I believe it, it's crazy hard with the reverse flippers, intriguing, and was in a great corner spot.

That's halfway to a high score reset for Sterns....

#900 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I could host him for once...I owe the guy.

That would be great! Boob, you would have someone to talk to while Janice and I go drinking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9.95
    $ 10.00
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    There are 961 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside